Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

These kind of posts here: I find myself having a bit of a problem with them every time I see them.
Yes, they show us the fud, the laziness of journalists (to put it mildly), etc.
But just as well they lure us to click on them and read them anyway.
Which is exactly what they want us to do, providing them with clicks.
So in my opinion it is advisable to hold a bit back on posting these links to fud and bad journalism.
Really, we know very, very well they are there and that they will keep on coming.

Last edited:
These kind of posts here: I have a bit of a problem with them every time I see them.
Yes, they show us the fud, the laziness of journalists (to put it mildly), etc.
But just as well they lure us to click on them and read them anyway.
Which is exactly what they want us to do, providing them with clicks.
So in my opinion it is advisable to hold a bit back on posting these links to fud and bad journalism.
Really, we know very, very well they are there and that they will keep on coming.
I'm coming more from the side of holding The Guardian accountable. If enough of us raise a stink they'll correct the article. Either way, the NTSB report will come out soon and help them with their fact finding.

Reactions: JusRelax
Sandy Munro doing live questions - and a lot of them revolve around Tesla:

Cherry picked some quotes /paraphrasing:

TS: 1:30:52
Q: Why does it seem that Tesla is the only company who can do 300+ miles
A: "Because they think ahead. That's why they can get 300 miles.
The number of electronic modules in a Tesla is 5.
For a ID4: 68, for at Mach E: 48: Why? I have a parts bin, and I am a slave to the parts bin. ... 'We already have it, we can just use that.'
It adds extra connections, extra weight. Anytime you have extra anything your quality goes down. It drives mileage.

Tesla is very clever at understanding how to milk a battery - better than anyone else."
Tesla has 75 kWh, ID4 has 100 kWh. It should go further but it doesn't. Why? 'Cause it weighs too much - everything is too complicated.
You add add add, weight weight weight!
"

TS 1:29:52
Q: What are your thought on Tesla focusing on innovation instead of advertising and PR.
A: "What a great idea! Someone should else should think of that too!
Tesla gets in the news everyday. Why? Because they have a leader.
Do you know who runs WV, Ford, GM, Toyota, KIA, Honda, Hyundai? No.
When you have a leader like that at the helm, why would you need advertising, why would you need PR"?"

TS 1:35:19
Q: Whats the cost difference between EV and ICE?
A: The breakeven point is 100 dollar per kWH. That's already been done.
Our last calculation is 86 bucks for sure right now. On their way to 60 with the new 4680 cells.

Saved the best for last:
TS 1:37:18
Q: "Who is the biggest competitor to Tesla"
A: <5 second pause>
"None. There are no competitors to Tesla. <Pause>
There are no competitors to Tesla. But when they do come, they will be Chinese!"

Mic drop

Edit: Timestamp corrections
Added a few more quotes:

TS 1:38:42
Q: Can Tesla make a 25 K car?
A: Yes!
(Some of these answers will be real quick).
Tesla can built a 25K car pretty much right now - if they wanted to.

Q: Are there any mega-casting porosities <weaknesses> re. megacasting?
A: No. These are done in milliseconds. Milliseconds! Not seconds. Milliseconds.
This thing hasn't got time for porosities!

There is no heat threat on this (for the real engineers out there)
This thing comes out of the mold. It is perfect - every time. There is no warp'age, no nothing! ...
This is ... really, really amazing!

Last edited:
Couches provide variety in reading by offering another place to recline while doing so I always thought.

You’re intimating there’s another purpose? Who knew. :)
Oh, have I shown my new couches. They are outdoor and can weather any storm!

Wait... no cushions? NO!!!!

1619635104439.png

The Limiting Factor’s battery series is great. They are however very technical and may go over some people’s head. I know much of it goes over mine :) However, this video on the cell to structure technology is not too technical, and very informative.

Agree: Very informative and well made. Highly recommended. The Elon BD comment about structural battery pack being 'negative weight' is explained well. Jordan is a great guy!

Time - yesterday: 100 Most Influential Companies - Tesla

Excerpt:

In 2020, Tesla became the most valuable car company in the world, earning it a spot on the S&P 500 index. Just 18 years old—a newcomer compared with the legacy automotive companies—and with its first profitable year now under its belt, Tesla continues to move beyond just manufacturing some of the world’s most glamorous cars. It has also established itself as a leader in the renewable electric-energy sector, with its Powerwall, Powerpack and Solar Roof divisions providing electric-energy generation and storage for businesses, utilities and homes. The cars are cool; the commitment to clean, renewable energy is cooler.

I think Elon fumbled with his accident explanation. I understood it to mean a hypothetical simulation, but only after deducing the accident was clearly over 30 mph from the damage. So the media lie is easily covered by more confusion.

Arguing the matter (including a lawsuit) likely brings even more attention and speculation. IMO, it was clear to Tesla long ago that PR was not the way to win. Instead, their heads are down going for explosive $$$ numbers later in the year.

I also now have a theory that they don't need drivers at all for version 9. The risk is extreme (as we can clearly see from the media on a Non-FSD accident). So I think it's possible V9 is reserved for the Tesla Network, and the "delay" is to get to that end state, leave the humans out. Sad, but possible given recent verbiage in the legal section.

I've been saying all along, don't release until it's ready (Summons is the learning example). Now considering the small possibility that FSD is not going to be released to public at all. Humans are in the way.