Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time friend of mine has always been an unconditional fan of CNN as a go-to source for information (I know). I showed him the other day two or three key points of what really happened with this accident, providing direct law enforcement sources for example, and how it was reported by CNN.

It was like revealing to a kid that Santa Claus is not real. He was in shock.

Being a TSLA shareholder can be a real eye opener on the state of the mainstream media, and not just in the US.

Incidentally, proper access to correct information is also how one becomes filthy rich, I reckon.

@Krugerrand is that you looking for investment funds?
My cousin Vinny. I don’t use my couch much and since I don’t like people nobody else ever uses the couch either. Therefore, I do not own one of those cash growing couches that so many others appear to have.

I am thinking of dropping it off at the nearest off ramp for the fake homeless crew that frequent the area. Give them something to sit on, while they filch the bleeding hearts. That might net me some loose change.

Tesla should sue CNBC, CNN and all the MSM that perpetuates the "Autopilot crash" fake news.
The law suits filed have worked wonders for Dominion in removing the false narratives from media, even though the cases have not been tried yet.

PS: It is really ,just a simple money equation for MSM:
Bashing Tesla with fake news cost them nothing and pleases their major advertisers in addition to gathering clicks.
However, if they have a $billion threat from a law suit the equation changes drastically.

Last edited:
As I understand it correctly, max pain is the SP a lot of whales want on friday.
So if max pain is 720 and SP is 740, they try to get it down to 720, if low volume permits.

And if SP is 696 and max pain 720, no efforts?
It has been my observation over many months that the MM's are quite OK to let puts exercise so spend little effort in pulling the price up to MPain

I can only speculate that they know full-well they're getting the shares on the cheap and will use them to hedge calls, cover shorts and perform their general machinations in the future

My cousin Vinny. I don’t use my couch much and since I don’t like people nobody else ever uses the couch either. Therefore, I do not own one of those cash growing couches that so many others appear to have.

I am thinking of dropping it off at the nearest off ramp for the fake homeless crew that frequent the area. Give them something to sit on, while they filch the bleeding hearts. That might net me some loose change.
Couches provide variety in reading by offering another place to recline while doing so I always thought.

You’re intimating there’s another purpose? Who knew. :)

More WSJ FUD:

But love Elon's response:

When asked to comment on the specifics of this article, Mr. Musk replied with a “poop” emoji. Asked to elaborate, Mr. Musk declined to provide any input on his interactions with federal agencies or his view toward regulation. In a tweet Tuesday, Mr. Musk said he agrees with regulators “99.9% of the time.” He added that when they disagree, it “is almost always due to new technologies that past regulations didn’t anticipate.”

🤣

Sandy Munro doing live questions - and a lot of them revolve around Tesla:

Cherry picked some quotes /paraphrasing:

TS: 1:30:52
Q: Why does it seem that Tesla is the only company who can do 300+ miles
A: "Because they think ahead. That's why they can get 300 miles.
The number of electronic modules in a Tesla is 5.
For a ID4: 68, for at Mach E: 48: Why? I have a parts bin, and I am a slave to the parts bin. ... 'We already have it, we can just use that.'
It adds extra connections, extra weight. Anytime you have extra anything your quality goes down. It drives mileage.

Tesla is very clever at understanding how to milk a battery - better than anyone else."
Tesla has 75 kWh, ID4 has 100 kWh. It should go further but it doesn't. Why? 'Cause it weighs too much - everything is too complicated.
You add add add, weight weight weight!
"

TS 1:29:52
Q: What are your thought on Tesla focusing on innovation instead of advertising and PR.
A: "What a great idea! Someone should else should think of that too!
Tesla gets in the news everyday. Why? Because they have a leader.
Do you know who runs WV, Ford, GM, Toyota, KIA, Honda, Hyundai? No.
When you have a leader like that at the helm, why would you need advertising, why would you need PR"?"

TS 1:35:19
Q: Whats the cost difference between EV and ICE?
A: The breakeven point is 100 dollar per kWH. That's already been done, by Tesla
Our last calculation is 86 bucks for sure right now. On their way to 60 with the new 4680 cells.

Saved the best for last:
TS 1:37:18
Q: "Who is the biggest competitor to Tesla"
A: <5 second pause>
"None. There are no competitors to Tesla. <Pause>
There are no competitors to Tesla. But when they do come, they will be Chinese!"

Mic drop

Edit: Timestamp corrections. Also clarified that Munro meant Tesla when discussing cheapest battery.

Last edited:
The number of electronic modules in a Tesla is 5.
For a ID4: 68, for at Mach E: 48: Why? I have a parts bin, and I am a slave to the parts bin. ... 'We already have it, we can just use that.'

Probably why the chip shortage is seemingly impacting Tesla much less... Each one of those 68 electronic modules needs their own chips compared to Tesla's 5.