Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IBKR Increase’s margin requirements

NOTICE OF INITIAL MARGIN INCREASE
Dear Client,

You are receiving this notice as the Initial Margin Requirement for your account U****&&& is projected to increase, effective with the May 12, 2021 close of the New York regular trading hours. This increase results from a new methodology identifying the inherent risk of a portfolio concentrated in two positions. This requirement will work as follows:
• A stress test which calculates the potential loss for each stock and its derivatives of, at minimum, a +/- 33% change in the price of the

100% chance Cybertruck is in the prerecorded SNL short video

A co-worker sent me this:

A German Scientist Predicted That a Person Named 'Elon' Would Lead Humans to Mars​

I wonder which way the stock will be go based on his SNL appearance, hoping for a Monday morning Pop.

Hard to imagine a downside unless he punches Miley in the face or something. Half of the internet is trying to figure out how to watch NBC right now and that's pretty hilarious.

A German Scientist Predicted That a Person Named 'Elon' Would Lead Humans to Mars​

I wonder which way the stock will be go based on his SNL appearance, hoping for a Monday morning Pop.
That headline was written by someone who doesn't know his space literature. Not many facts in that headline.

1. Not a person
2. Not a name
3. DIdn't lead humans
4. Wasn't to Mars
5. WvB would have called himself American

Summary: par for the course for journalism these days.

On edit: did I miss any non-facts, anyone? I suppose I also could have gone after “predict”, because WvB was deliberately writing a work of fiction, and using it to demonstrate the astrophysics of voyaging to Mars. But that would have been casting aspersions on all great sci-fi, which has been so instrumental in demonstrating that what could be possible has a wonderful (and sometimes horrid) likelihood of becoming reality.

Last edited:

My prediction.

Tsla will pop, doge will dive.

People are buying doge thinking there's an Elon skit about it. But like everything speculative, it's all about selling the news.

People will buy Tesla because snl wasn't as bad as feared.

From the opening whistle they jumped out to a nice lead that slowly frittered away by the end of the first half. But they rallied in the second half to break their 4 game losing streak and end the week with some momentum. Almost looked like Tesla of old with a 30 point swing early in the game. It will be interesting to see what the impact on the team will be from Coach Elon appearing on SNL this weekend.

Today
Score:672.08
Margin of W/L:8.54
Attendance:23,449,381
High - Low:29.78
Season
Record:43-44
Total margin of wins:961.38
Total margin of losses:-994.97
YTD gain/loss:-33.59-4.76%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:3-7
Streak:W1
Avg margin of victory:22.36
Avg margin of defeat:-22.61
Avg Attendance:31,984,570
Avg Attendance of Last 10:29,080,426
Avg High - Low:39.82
Avg H - L of Last 10:26.53

Rogan and Chappelle set the record straight on Elon.

• Love
Reactions: AZRI11
Rogan and Chappelle set the record straight on Elon.

86 minutes in they start talking about Elon's upcoming SNL gig.

Love it... the advertising debate is over.

Attachments

• 607950F1-3260-405B-9399-3410E311594D.jpeg
    607950F1-3260-405B-9399-3410E311594D.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 98
That headline was written by someone who doesn't know his space literature. Not many facts in that headline.

1. Not a person
2. Not a name
3. DIdn't lead humans
4. Wasn't to Mars
5. WvB would have called himself American

Summary: par for the course for journalism these days.
perhaps they got their information from Agnes, or maybe Sue, or Millie

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
From the UK’s Guardian, a left-leaning anti-fossil fuel newspaper.

Sadly there are no comments allowed on this stupid piece. Blind, hate filled hypocrisy.

“Saturday Night Live is using a controversial figure to drum up ratings, even if it means further legitimizing a man with too much power and ego”

We need an angry emote. I mean I or anyone on this thread could argue every one of these points or more if I cared to actually RTA. They clearly wrote the headline first and then the article.

Do Tesla's "trouble" include record deliveries, record profits, etc? I mean I am holding long and I know eventually the stock value will get past all this manipulation but it's still frustrating to watch what has to be just blatant lying going on.

Cue angry, old man yells at clouds computer monitor. I'll just wait until Monday and sell some more CCs to at least make a few bucks off this nonsense.

Any predictions on what the SNL appearance does to the stock price on Monday? LOL, who am I kidding, you know it will drop like a rock based on --------------------- . I'm sure the headline is already written, "Tesla Stock Falls after Elon Musk's ---------- appearance on SNL (ed. try disastrous, off-putting, confused, etc.)"
I am very concerned that this might be a setup, some kind of blindside that might bring the SEC in. There is a very large contingent of media and Hollywood (bad) actors that suffer from EDS. Id' love to be wrong.