Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it's morning here, and despite my reputation, I very rarely drink in the mornings!

But last night was a Duvel, a Duvdek Tripel Hop, a Chouffe IPA Double Houblon and a large bottle of Moinette Bio, sorry, only a photo of the opening salvo:

View attachment 660730
You are a man of good taste and that looks like it tastes good!

Reactions: Tslynk67
Now is the time on Sprockets ven we dance.

dieter-from-sprockets-approves-your-post.jpg
Yeah, I was kinda wanting to see Elon as Dieter's long lost uncle....

Wow, so the moms of the internet is crapping all negative headlines of Musk on FB. Calling them insensitive for mocking Elon' awkwardness on SNL.

This is truly the curve ball anti Tesla haters didn't expect. StealthP3D wrote how the headlines will be negative if he did a good job or a bad job..but did a good job after admitting a social disability? Checkmate.

Man, what a gig.

Elon's performance 11/10 - did not expect this. Just compare him now to Elon's from M3 production ramp time. He's a new person now.
SNL - my faith in SNL has been restored. It's been flakey lately, but I do think this is generational. The writers did an excellent job for Elon.

Based on Elon's performance and state, I am very happy stonk hodler. Good times are ahead.

Peace

At the end of the day, the people that loath Elon still loath him. And the people that love Elon still love him.

But I'm hoping his SNL appearance will at least sway the folks that hadn't formed too strong of an opinion yet. And reveal to many how biased the media is against Elon and Tesla.

For example, within minutes of the monologue ending, the Daily Beast had written a really bad take proclaiming it "deceptive and deeply awkward."

And in the tweet replies you see plenty of haters continuing to hate, but you also see replies like this:

At the end of the day, the people that loath Elon still loath him. And the people that love Elon still love him.

But I'm hoping his SNL appearance will at least sway the folks that hadn't formed too strong of an opinion yet. And reveal to many how biased the media is against Elon and Tesla.

For example, within minutes of the monologue ending, the Daily Beast had written a really bad take proclaiming it "deceptive and deeply awkward."

And in the tweet replies you see plenty of haters continuing to hate, but you also see replies like this:

Many haters watched it rooting for him to fail soon realized they were rooting for someone with a social disability to fail. Think some of them took a good look in the mirror after watching the show.

The comments under the daily beast article on FB is overwhelmingly positive for Musk and many are telling Daily Beast to go F themselves .

Scrolling through the post-SNL conversations online, it's insane what people in other websites think of Elon Musk. They're so manipulated by the media it's sad. This is why we can't have technological progress, why there's so much corruption in the world, and why people are placated with controlled lives in a modern day indentured servitude to the system. There's so many forces at work distorting what Tesla and SpaceX are doing (even in the age of the internet) it's...disheartening.

I feel that it's almost a mission of ours that when we find truly good people, companies, or causes, to actively advocate and educate. Against the controlling interest. Because collectively we're creating the world we want to live in the future. Tesla is a single company but it's opened me up to this nature of discourse for every cause I believe in.

On May 5th, Model 3 Performance crushed Taycan Turbo S on the Sodegaura racetrack for the second time.
(Japanese, please use Google Translate)

The Taycan slowed down after racing approx 17 miles, possibly due to overheating.

Scrolling through the post-SNL conversations online, it's insane what people in other websites think of Elon Musk. They're so manipulated by the media it's sad. This is why we can't have technological progress, why there's so much corruption in the world, and why people are placated with controlled lives in a modern day indentured servitude to the system. There's so many forces at work distorting what Tesla and SpaceX are doing (even in the age of the internet) it's...disheartening.

I feel that it's almost a mission of ours that when we find truly good people, companies, or causes, to actively advocate and educate. Against the controlling interest. Because collectively we're creating the world we want to live in the future. Tesla is a single company but it's opened me up to this nature of discourse for every cause I believe in.
The internet is what distorts it. You click on one negative headlines on FB and FB feeds you nothing but negative headlines. Eventually these AI driven algro is destroying our ability to unite.

Is there a bookmark or link that will always automatically bring me right to the latest page of this forum?

Does anyone else find that viewing on Android phone in Chrome browser allows them to Reply to posts but not to rate posts?
E. g. this bookmark woks for me; seems to always take to the latest page:

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and Dagger
On May 5th, Model 3 Performance crushed Taycan Turbo S on the Sodegaura racetrack for the second time.
(Japanese, please use Google Translate)

The Taycan slowed down after racing approx 17 miles, possibly due to overheating.

But, but, but... that must be fake news. Porsche experts assured me Porsche knows how to build race cars. With proper cooling systems that aren't going to overheat. That they would show Tesla how to make a real racing EV for the track. The Tesla is just a family sedan, must be fake news.

/s

Bit of a personal take on the SNL with Elon

I saw it as trying to change public perception of Elon almost the entire show. He's legitimately a good dude who's sacrificed an easy life post paypal to save humanity - course I don't need to tell you all that.

Elon did not sacrifice anything.

He is doing exactly what he wants to do.

I suffer from Live TV Accident Worry Syndrome so I couldn't watch it 🤣

Can't watch the Oscars for the same reason.

Anyhow, it looks like the ratings were good, which means advertising dollars, which means the media will be hard-pressed to find a reason to complain, since, what they primarily care about is their ad dollars.

Elon did not sacrifice anything.

He is doing exactly what he wants to do.

Yes, he had a choice. But he sacrificed an easy life with no responsibility for one filled with responsibility. Because he felt it would be more meaningful to grab life by the horns and do something useful for humanity than to slack off and spend his wealth selfishly.

Everyone is doing what they "want" to be doing. That doesn't mean there is no such thing as a sacrifice.