Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going forward Elon needs to charge for TV appearances,
announce a few weeks ahead .... will be paid for by advertising $$ from ...
(after buying EV credits they still have $$ to spare ...)
“Tesla is only profitable because of Musk's acting remuneration".

OT: I had not watched a full episode of SNL since the late 70s and early 80s when I was a child. It taught me a lot about the world then, and also had me in stitches routinely.

Wow, have not missed much. IMO, that was just awful. Cannot imagine it has been this bad the whole time as it just would not exist anymore.

The cast are supposed to be professional comedians who rehearsed. I was shocked at how bad they were reading cue cards. How does that make sense?....

Anyway, Musk seemed to have a good time and nothing stupid happened so, fun! As for dogecoin.... well, it is a crypto based on a dog meme...

BTW, I think it was a brilliant move to buy air time for EV commercials on a Musk hosted SNL. I am confused why so many here dismissed the idea as lame or desperate. The idea is to get people who may consider buying BEVs to watch the ad. Mission accomplished with the audience watching, no doubt.

All the best!

Now is the time on Sprockets ven we dance.

dieter-from-sprockets-approves-your-post.jpg

I used to watch SNL all the time but I don't find it all that funny anymore so I haven't watched it in many years, until last night. I still don't find it all that funny but it went well for what it was and Elon did a great job. They incorporated all of Elon's companies rather nicely into the skits, I was a bit impressed.

So many EV commercials from other brands though!!! :D

I used to watch SNL all the time but I don't find it all that funny anymore so I haven't watched it in many years, until last night. I still don't find it all that funny but it went well for what it was and Elon did a great job.

Lol, that's 'cuz ur OLD! :p

Gen Z Hospital - SNL

472K views 9 hours ago

They incorporated all of Elon's companies rather nicely into the skits, I was a bit impressed.

So many EV commercials from other brands though!!! :D

They did miss out on Neuralink. I was hoping for a skit where Pete Davidson challenges a monkey to a game of Pong. Likely couldn't get Pete to sit still... :p

Cheers!

P.S. Elon's monologue is the No.1 clip, now with 1.3M views ;)

Last edited:
Bit of a personal take on the SNL with Elon

I saw it as trying to change public perception of Elon almost the entire show. He's legitimately a good dude who's sacrificed an easy life post paypal to save humanity - course I don't need to tell you all that.

Monologue - explains his goals, tells the world a little about himself and why he tweets what he tweets. Not just another rigid money driven CEO.
Post Quarantine - Personable, just another awkward human
Ooli - Why wont you love me? I would do anything for you
Market Update - anti pumping dogecoin
Wario - Again Elon is made out to be the bad guy but really has just been unjustly bullied by Wiki contributors <inset MSM or dying company here?>
Chad on Mars - Creating excitement and discussion around colonizing mars and space travel while showcasing leadership skills.
Cowbow standoff - Showcasing creativity/ingenuity as a way to solve problems and maybe the biggest here was retracting an "anti mask" stance for anybody still butthurt over anything covid/elon related.

Not a show I'll be tuning into again but I thought the messages were great. I hope for Elon's sake perception does change somewhat in his favor. I know quite a few people who dislike Elon simply because the media told them to without taking any of his good attributes or accomplishments into account. I hope he had a good time!

We are all so lucky to have Elon. What a gift he is to the world. Here's more:

What Is Asperger Syndrome? | Autism Speaks

Asperger syndrome generally involves:​

• Difficulty with social interactions
  • Restricted interests
  • Desire for sameness
  • Distinctive strengths

Strengths can include:​

• Remarkable focus and persistence [Ed. note: Check]
  • Aptitude for recognizing patterns [Check]
  • Attention to detail [Check, Check Again]

Challenges can include:​

• Hypersensitivities (to lights, sounds, tastes, etc.)
  • Difficulty with the give and take of conversation
  • Difficulty with nonverbal conversation skills (distance, loudness, tone, etc.)
  • Uncoordinated movements, or clumsiness [Ed. note: No, Really?]
  • Anxiety and depression
The tendencies described above vary widely among people. Many learn to overcome their challenges by building on strengths.

Though the diagnosis of Asperger syndrome is no longer used, many previously diagnosed people still identify strongly and positively with being an “Aspie.”

Some people might consider taking the stick out of their patooties and getting a sense of humor. Pretty sure you can have one delivered overnight by Amazon Prime.

My spouse and I found something to laugh about in each skit. The Mars one we were in tears by the end.

Gen Z Hospital on the surface might elicit a groan, but if you think about it for a second you have to laugh. Humans began by communicating with hand signals, grunts and pictures. Over centuries language evolved and got so sophisticated that we have English where two or three words can be spelled totally different, mean totally different things and yet be pronounced exactly the same; to, two, too, where, wear, ware, weather, whether or which, witch etc... People whose first language is English can’t even use the words loose and lose correctly.

So now we have a generation that has simplified or complicated language and communication - depending on your perspective (read age) - back to grunts and shorthand and eggplant emoticons. That’s hilarious. It’s especially hilarious that a ‘doctor’ with advanced education could communicate in the same way.

Don’t take life or yourselves so seriously. Find the humor in things and by association lighten your heart and soul. Not that I care; don’t like any of you.

Last edited:
OT: I had not watched a full episode of SNL since the late 70s and early 80s when I was a child. It taught me a lot about the world then, and also had me in stitches routinely.

Wow, have not missed much. IMO, that was just awful. Cannot imagine it has been this bad the whole time as it just would not exist anymore.

The cast are supposed to be professional comedians who rehearsed. I was shocked at how bad they were reading cue cards. How does that make sense?....

Anyway, Musk seemed to have a good time and nothing stupid happened so, fun! As for dogecoin.... well, it is a crypto based on a dog meme...

BTW, I think it was a brilliant move to buy air time for EV commercials on a Musk hosted SNL. I am confused why so many here dismissed the idea as lame or desperate. The idea is to get people who may consider buying BEVs to watch the ad. Mission accomplished with the audience watching, no doubt.

All the best!
I think it was a great move. I also think it is basically free advertising for Tesla. Anytime EV's are promoted it's great news for the leader.