Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR:Model 3’s lead recognized once again. This time, by Autotrader.

…the presence of a comfortable spacious interior and storage space are not the only advantages of Model 3. The car is not only practical, but "it's also fast and, most importantly, cool." Model 3 owners are delighted with everything in the car, which adds a significant amount of points. One of the Model 3 owners said: "The fact that it costs next to nothing to run, goes like a sports car and seats five with plenty of room for luggage." This combination of performance and practicality that all owners talked about made Model 3 a winner as a family car.”

TL;DR:Model 3’s lead recognized once again. This time, by Autotrader.

…the presence of a comfortable spacious interior and storage space are not the only advantages of Model 3. The car is not only practical, but "it's also fast and, most importantly, cool." Model 3 owners are delighted with everything in the car, which adds a significant amount of points. One of the Model 3 owners said: "The fact that it costs next to nothing to run, goes like a sports car and seats five with plenty of room for luggage." This combination of performance and practicality that all owners talked about made Model 3 a winner as a family car.”

The 3 really is an amazing vehicle. So fun to drive and so pretty looking. Likely getting another one in..."3-5 weeks" now.
What I love about the 3 over the Y is that you can actually see clearly all around you. The Y has very limited rear window visibility, you can barely see anything behind you.

Got an S Plaid order in but will probably cancel it and wait for my Plaid+
X Plaid expected in October.... was supposed to be April when ordered.

Cybertruck and Founder's Roadster some time in the next decade...
Why are you like this, Elon

How is "buyers of US made cars get a tax credit and buyers of imported cars do not" an illegal price support for American goods to the detriment of foreign ones.- but "Imported trucks pay a 25% tariff and US made trucks do not" isn't?
Because that’s mutually agreed upon between e.g. USA and EU. Excluding European built cars is not.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
If vision has evolved to the point that it’s significantly superior to radar, investing more of engineers’ scarce time into developing radar software is suboptimal.
If vision had evolved to the point that it's significantly superior to radar, it would not be restricted to 75mph when radar version could do 90.
I'm butthurt about this because the speed limits on my state freeways are 80.

What sort of “tweak” is Elon talking about? I hope it’s software rather than some physical change they need to make to thousands of cars already produced.
It can only be related to software IMO, they've discovered something in final testing that needs a bug fix and full test cycle

I would bet it's not even related to the Plaid, but more general FSD which will be announced at the event

Edit: due to the proximity to Hawthorne, someone on Twitter speculates the "one more thing" will be CT related, I guess it's not impossible that they're rushing to finalise the pre-production prototype to show on stage and need a bit more time for that

Last edited:
It can only be related to software IMO, they've discovered something in final testing that needs a bug fix and full test cycle

I would bet it's not even related to the Plaid, but more general FSD which will be announced at the event

Edit: due to the proximity to Hawthorne, someone on Twitter speculates the "one more thing" will be CT related, I guess it's not impossible that they're rushing to finalise the pre-production prototype to show on stage and need a bit more time for that
Close to Hawthorne?
Hawthorne means SpaceX.
SpaceX means SpaceX package.
SpaceX package means (drum roll.....) Roadster.

It's offering a tax credit to the buyer of goods made here.

Even by foreign companies.

There's already a ton of tax benefits for goods made in the US rather than imports--- and have been for decades-- and they stand up just fine in court.

Why do you think all the foreign car makers build factories here?

In fact by 2018 there were more foreign car companies building cars in the US than domestic car companies.

And all of them would have access to the $2500 extra for building EVs here too.

There's no "war" there.

So there's no basis for a "court challenge" for more of the same thing we already do, and have done, for a long time.

If you still think there is something that'd be illegal about a tax credit for domestic made goods purchases though- same question posted to others on the union thing.

Please cite what specific law you think would be the basis for the challenge. Or what specific clause in a specific trade agreement you think this violates.

Pre-approved retaliation tariffs are allowed by various international agreements like WTO and predecessors. Like the famous Chicken Tax on trucks.

If domestic production incentives were allowed then every country would do them. German incentives for only German made cars. South Korean incentives only on South Korean made cars etc. This may be another form retaliation takes place. Other countries simply exclude American made EVs from their domestic subsidies. In other words a trade war.

Every auto producing country wants their workers to build cars from their domestic companies for export. American politicians want Mach-e built in the USA not Mexico. South Korean politicians want Ioniq vehicles built in South Korea not the USA etc.

China and third world countries are treated differently by the WTO as "underdeveloped countries." So what the WTO permits China to do does not necessarily mean it allows the US or the European Union to do. US and EU allowed China to enter WTO and an "underdeveloped nation."

Anyone watch this? Thoughts?

Couple of weak longs talking about cash generation benefits. Cash generation will be a hindrance for Tesla going forwards.
Elon better start working on a machine to stop cash clogging the gigafactories pronto.
1622282102506.png

Yep. Welcome to Texas State Legislature.
Every two years, the Texas Legislature convenes for a 140-day regular legislative session
edit: as you might suspect, Texas legislators need real jobs. Like…oh…automobile dealership owners.
So is the delivery event on June 3rd canceled too?
Yes but the new event is live streamed

Reactions: FireMedic
Ya.

I was hoping that the young ones between 20~30 will back our cause. But what I got was that hating the rich is more important than the environment. Welp, have to put our hope for the future in 20 and belows. Which generation are these ppl called?
Lazy spoiled brats.
That’s my generation so I can talk about it.
They are envious of how easy our parents go their free pass to good paying job but they do not want to put the effort into it. They prefer to start an Instagram account and become influencers. They are risk averse. I know it because majority of my childhood friends went that way. While I worked my ass off to reach my goals, they partied all day everyday. They demonize the rich. The children they will raise will be the laziest generation of them all, you have not seen anything yet ;)