Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading into the weekend with a nice little $2k bonus from deciding not to do a BTC on my $630 covered calls, and seeing the SP drop below that level in the final 30 (only to come roaring back next week!). Considering skipping cc next week, or booking out to 6/11 on 5/31. Probably I'll just wait until 6/8 to see how next week goes, so I can just enjoy my week in San Francisco without thinking about TSLA shares and options, and make almost the same 6/8-11 with lower risk as I could 5/31-6/11. If that makes any sense........
Today’s news that the 6/3 event/reveal/??? is postponed a week requires revisiting the above. Seems to change next week’s covered call landscape, and does it raise doubts about the scale of the 6/10 event? Do we think the event is now more likely to be more or less meaningful?

Marques also failed to correctly state the most basic fact about the vehicle. He said Lightning is "the most affordable" electric truck compared to Rivian and Cybertruck. Actually Cybertruck starts at the same price ($39.9k) while having higher starting range (250+ miles versus 230 miles).

Sloppy misinformation or deliberate disinformation? A falsehood like that is almost like saying Ford's truck is the only one with four wheels.
Technically he isn't wrong if you consider the EV rebate. Although it appears that advantage may be reduced or eliminated by the time these are available.

Indeed, years ago we here at TMC used to quote another Options info site, but that stopped immediately after they went to a required-login model (I get enough spam already, thnx)

The only other free-to-the-public, available-to-guests Options info is from the (nearly unusable) NASDAQ website. I won't even bother linking to it, it's interface is a mess.

So, Max-Pain updates Open Interest daily at 7 a.m. ET and Options volume at indeterminate intervals throughout the day. It's the best I've seen that's freely available to the public.

Cheers!
You just need a free burner email account that you use for registrations that you know will generate spam. Then your daily email account will stay clean and you don't ever read the burner one other than to click the registration link.

The Boring Loop in Vegas has been tested to handle 4400 passengers per hour. That's potentially a couple thousand people per hour who are getting their first ride in a Tesla and a possible future customer. Genius.

Yep and there are videos of the day like

but Darkandstormy is posting FUD about it in this thread: Boring Company He seems to think it's all smoke and mirrors and will never happen

The video clearly shows 62 cars (there are numbers on the cars) and hundreds of users. But Techcrunch posted a FUD article saying some fire official wants to limit them to 11 cars. But of course Techcrunch doesn't name the official and so you just have to take their FUD on faith.

That Tesla took it out for money is an assumption and imo more than likely an incorrect one.
Not really.
There's a shortage of radar (I used to fix radar in the Navy).

It is indicative of shenanigans when Tesla pulls the radar from their cheaper models (and gimps their autosteer top speed AND retcons their blogs to remove old explanations about the benefits of radar). If the radar was obsolete, it wouldn't still be implemented in S and X.

Radar-less cars are objectively less capable than radared cars.

We have to take Elon at his word that he will restore lost functionality in a couple weeks. As a gambling man, I don't take those odds.
Disagree all you like, we'll review this in July and see.

This. Exactly this for me.

But I have come to realize that they are not ”left” at all. They do not engage in debate. If you do not agree, then you are to be ignored. If possible, you are to be silenced. They do not subscribe to freedom of speech.

A better description is that they are totalitarian. Chilling, IMO, indeed.

And their lack of willingness to entertain other viewpoints and possibilities is increasingly leaving them... ignorant.

Can’t recall a time in history where ignorant, totalitarian movements led to good outcomes.

OK I stop here mods. This comment really spoke to me.
That's what young people are like, you're just getting old. Trust the process!

Not really.

It is indicative of shenanigans when Tesla pulls the radar from their cheaper models (and gimps their autosteer top speed AND retcons their blogs to remove old explanations about the benefits of radar). If the radar was obsolete, it wouldn't still be implemented in S and X.

We have to take Elon at his word that he will restore lost functionality in a couple weeks. As a gambling man, I don't take those odds.
You mean Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.............

UK data confirm Tesla 10x safety advantage.
Tesla: 28 accidents per 10000 cars, Toyota: 270.
Also noteworthy that the cars with the highest crash rate had 5 star safety ratings (!).

View attachment 667503
Wow. this is almost unreal. Because Tesla is surrounded by cars that people drive extra carefully (for the most part). There is not even a 'normal' brand until you get to number 8, Infiniti. Has data like this been repeated in the USA? This is 1/10 the number of expected accidents.

Wow. this is almost unreal. Because Tesla is surrounded by cars that people drive extra carefully (for the most part). There is not even a 'normal' brand until you get to number 8, Infiniti. Has data like this been repeated in the USA? This is 1/10 the number of expected accidents.
It's actually not surprising. Thanks to tslaq's teslakill list, I have used it to calculate a ratio and turns out Tesla is around almost an order of magnitude safer.

clearly inaccurate article, says The Brady Bunch is from the 40s but it actually aired 1969 to 1974.

Still the author was in Vegas and shares his thoughts.

Not really.

Tesla have been validating vision only vs radar for years since 2019. However we still don't know it's performance under severe weather but many are already posting it's performance on youtube. We we will see it shortly. (Youtube video is timed to Karpathy talking about using NN to predict distances and comparing it to Radar)