Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla to start delivering Model Ys in Hong Kong and Macau next month, reveals full time table for all versions of SUV

• The standard range model will be the cheapest under the Hong Kong government’s one-for-one replacement scheme and will be available for HK$329,800 (US$42,414)
  • US carmaker accounted for 80 per cent of EVs in Hong Kong by the end of last year, Transport Department data shows

I'm game for a little tiny bit of cream today.
Last pop, I sold as it rose and it just didn't stop. "If only I had held."
Well.. for me this year was mostly "i wish i had sold my position instead of hodling" ..

But that is just an options-thingy where you will get margin-called if you are wrong .. :)

Did too much Buy&Hold Bull-Puts & Calls ... nearly killed my account.

But you live, you learn. Adapt, get better at it. And then retire & "work" 10 clicks/week .. :D

The Y sells for $5,000 more than the 3. I wouldn't call that cannibalizing. There aren't model 3 cars sitting around unable to be sold so I guess I'd use that as well.

I'm not sure any analysis is needed for this one.

The Y and the 3 both use the same battery more or less, and Tesla is battery constrained for the foreseeable future... So if the higher revenue/profit Y is "cannibalizing" the 3, it is a good thing for us.

Whatever is going on with TSLA isn’t happening with other tech stocks I track so it isn’t a tech sector rotation that is going on
noticed that, too.
It does not follow qqq, although they usually move in tandem.

700, 720 & 750 are "call walls" this week, so i suspect that capping at around 720 right now is .. well.. artificially dictated by the option-market ;)

ok. TSLA can stop rising now. Then i dare to take profits, wait for turnaround-tuesday tomorrow & enter again.

This way we have +4% 2 times a week. Anyone with me? ;)
I am not. For two reasons; I don’t like the bad guys being able to skim off the top, repeatedly and thinking they can do that at will until the end of time, and we’ve all had plenty of time to accumulate over the years. If you were late to the party, sorry, not sorry. Keep in mind most people never even got an invite.

Well.. for me this year was mostly "i wish i had sold my position instead of hodling" ..

But that is just an options-thingy where you will get margin-called if you are wrong .. :)

But you live, you learn. Adapt, get better at it. And then retire & "work" 10 clicks/week .. :D

I retired 20 years ago. I get by with about 10 clicks/year. In fact, that's about how many clicks/year it took to get here! You might say I click very judiciously. :)

I sold within my usual trading range. 98% HODLing still, literally.

My wife's 10 shares - she timed it just right! Was finished her buying on Friday.
Why do some of us have to go through years of beatings and some people just stroll in "Oh, hey... I think I'll get some Tesla." and pops the next day. Sheesh!
Come back and let us know what she's saying on the next 15-20% pullback :)

EPS on the various stock sites is 1.90 and P/E is now about 380 at current price. I wonder if that triggered any buying. this Is first time I’ve noticed the higher EPS based on Q2 results.
TTM EPS is probably part of this, but I think a larger part of this is looking forward at 2021 and 2022 EPS estimates are going up. Which as high of growth of company as Tesla is, these have major factors in what the stock is valued at. I haven't seen the updates yet, but 2022 pushing above $7-8 EPS would have a valuation change of many to 800-1000 real easily. Causing a buying spree. When 2022 EPS really starts to project to 11-12-13 like I think it will be (Q3 financials this likely becomes obvious)... we will see an even more massive jump with PTs to ~1300-1400.

The Y and the 3 both use the same battery more or less, and Tesla is battery constrained for the foreseeable future... So if the higher revenue/profit Y is "cannibalizing" the 3, it is a good thing for us.
Not about the short term. About the long term value of the stock. The basic idea these Qs are saying is that Tesla cant sell the volume of cars we believe they will because Y cuts 3 sales. Not that some people choose Y over 3, but because they do in such massive number that 3 sales wont continue to increase. Then when 2 comes around all it will do is cut 3 and Y sales even more for a lower margin lower profit vehicle.

”Tesla was really smart to make the chargers relatively dumb and cheap and put all the complexity in the car"

Hmm this really reminds me of the Google ads I've been seeing during the Olympics broadcast: search sentence starting with "How to " and followed by many different search topics.

Back to Tesla it seems to me that we could start the sentence with "Tesla was really smart to " and complete the sentence in so many possible ways :)

TTM EPS is probably part of this, but I think a larger part of this is looking forward at 2021 and 2022 EPS estimates are going up. Which as high of growth of company as Tesla is, these have major factors in what the stock is valued at. I haven't seen the updates yet, but 2022 pushing above $7-8 EPS would have a valuation change of many to 800-1000 real easily. Causing a buying spree. When 2022 EPS really starts to project to 11-12-13 like I think it will be (Q3 financials this likely becomes obvious)... we will see an even more massive jump with PTs to ~1300-1400.
Imagine if $BTC is at $60k come Q3 earnings....sorry.....had to post that since everyone is all giddy today 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: capster and Paul_SF