Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April 26th we closed at $738 and proceeded to announce insane 1Q earnings. Then an insane 2Q with Tesla on track and coasting to something like 80-100% growth for 2021. Now 4 months later we're closing the Monday before Labor Day at $731. P/E ratio is around 350-400 with about 6-8 quarters worth of reporting 80-100% y-o-y growth clear as day on the horizon.

Seems completely rational and organic.

Between the volume at the end, the close above 730, the sell orders dying off... it looks like this week is ripe to take off. Tomorrow morning will be really interesting.

I can't decide which faction is correct this week, those who think it will be capped to $730 or those who think it will take flight. That means I'll keep doing what has worked so well the last few years, keep holding! 🤫

Last edited:
I can't decide which faction is correct, those who think it will be capped to $730 or those who think it will take flight. That means I'll keep doing what has worked so well the last few years, keep holding! 🤫

Yeah, I'm getting the TSLA heebie-geebies. All this talk of attractive option pricing so close to a holiday makes me uneasy. I smell shenanigans in the wind.

20555FEC-AE76-468B-BD58-5CB38C770994.jpeg

Q3 P/D will be undeniable. Until then, baby steps 😁

That or use LEAPS with the intent of exercising and adding to your shares instead of trying to makes gains on the options. So like instead of 2023 Calls @ 1200, go 2023 calls @ 750 or 800. Sure you won't make exponential gains like you would on far out of the money LEAPS if the stock rockets to the moon, but you'd still increase your share count and it's much safer from these shenanigans on options pricing
I just went for the variety pack, and this is todays change, which shifted around 900 for me (although some different horizons). I also did not sell anything today, this run feels different, like a wild horse. I don't think we'll see the usual discounts here on out into next years. But maybe.

1630355008886.png

I can't decide which faction is correct, those who think it will be capped to $730 or those who think it will take flight. That means I'll keep doing what has worked so well the last few years, keep holding! 🤫
Max Pain currently $690, but looking at the chart, somewhere above 720 and below 725 would suit them as of now, and >750 would be a total no-go, with any substantial movement above that likely resulting in a gamma squeeze as they would be forced to delta hedge

And today's rise on less than average volume, as was the case Friday too...

And just touched $737 in AH, nice!

Last edited: