Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well .. I call my CLK350 Clara, because CL .. so was planning on naming the MY Maya, then again you got me thinking, 326 ? Google says:

Angel Number 326 Meaning
" Thanks to angel number 326, the divine realm gets into contact with you. The physical world and the angelic realm get to communicate.
You keep seeing this number because your angels want you to search for its significance. They are guiding you to discover its hidden message.
It won’t be hard to do so if you are receptive to this number. You will realize that angel number 326 bears a message of growth, progress, and prosperity.
This is what the Universe wants for you and your loved ones "

And maybe I sell at 978, wait for a pullback to get back in again (at 652) - or rather since we're on a growth curve, sell at 1304 and buy back at 978. : D
LOL, that's deep when I was just going for the range of the Y :)

I talked to a sales guy and he said they have all colors of the MY available for immediate delivery.

Tesla Germany is on fire. Several friends of mine are picking up their first or second Tesla car next week. Times are good.

Wouldn't the best surprise of all be when you go to pick it up and find out it's made in Berlin? :cool:

Soon. 🚀 🚀 🚀

I think people are reading too much into the Samsung fab plans in Austin - Samsung have been producing advanced chips in Austin for more than decade already. There is no indication that they are supplying Tesla. I’m not saying they won’t, but don‘t mistake close location as being any source of confirmation. For instance the iPhone SoCs were sourced from them in the first half of last decade, despite the fact the chips were shipped from Austin to China to go into iPhones.

(Edit: as Rob said above)

Last edited:
I know a lot of people who have bought a taycan. I guess they are established porsche fans who hate tesla, or perhaps want to be different. The taycan IS a very LOOK AT ME I AM COOL car, whereas the model S looks like a jaguar. Nice... but not trying to turn heads.
They do all complain that their charging options suck though...
I guess the real interesting thing will be what car they buy after owning a taycan for a few years.
the model S looks like a jaguar - I take it you mean the animal and not the auto :)

I think people are reading too much into the Samsung fab plans in Austin - Samsung have been producing advanced chips in Austin for more than decade already. There is no indication that they are supplying Tesla. I’m not saying they won’t, but don‘t mistake close location as being any source of confirmation. For instance the iPhone SoCs were sourced from them from in the first half of last decade, despite the fact the chips were shipped from Austin to China to go into iPhones.

(Edit: as Rob said above)

Mmm. I can see the occasional advantage. If execs kids are at the same schools and the parents are doing dinners together, that leads to a pretty smooth supplier relationship.

And if your factory line is down for lack of chips, you don’t want those chips to be an ocean away.

Rumor of a leaked Elon end of quarter delivery email:

3025CC2F-63DA-46D1-8E18-B5089682A76A.jpeg

Mmm. I can see the occasional advantage. If execs kids are at the same schools and the parents are doing dinners together, that leads to a pretty smooth supplier relationship.

And if your factory line is down for lack of chips, you don’t want those chips to be an ocean away.
When you are dealing with chips/circuit boards, it’s just a plane flight away.

And yet, today's After-hrs session saw the lowest volume for TSLA in my 5-year dataset: both in proportion of daily trading (0.67%), and in absolute number of shares (134k)

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Sep 08, 2021 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Sep 09, 2021 04:00 PM ET

Consolidated Last Sale$751.55 -2.32 (-0.31%)
After-Hours Volume134,010
After-Hours High$753.87 (05:44:21 PM)
After-Hours Low$742.6526 (05:05:47 PM)

To me, feels like Wall St. had *early access* to Elon's email this evening. B.A.F. :D

Cheers!

Making history, usually deals with some kind of wholesome number. Think they are aiming for quarter of a mil this Q so then they can say something about annualized to be a million.
It definitely seems that’s the number they’re shooting for. I feel 240k is a safe bet at this point given the data we have…. so sounds like Elon wants to push for 250k

Reactions: capster and kbM3
Making history, usually deals with some kind of wholesome number. Think they are aiming for quarter of a mil this Q so then they can say something about annualized to be a million.
Technically if they can produce 82,192 cars in September they could claim annualized production rate of 1 million at month end. They could also claim that I suppose if they produce 2,740 cars in a single day, or 19,179 in a single week.

deliveries will likely be easier for them to hit 1 million annualized on if they really wanted to draw down inventory.