Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know anything about 'the hammer' that technical traders seemed to go on about today.

But I am super psyched about the turn-around in trading today on decent volume. Traders are back from summer vacation and it looks like the MMs are going to have a harder time controlling the SP. I'm very excited to see what trading looks like tomorrow, the rest of the week, the rest of the month, etc. I know as a long term HODLer, I shouldn't care about tomorrow's trading. But I can't help it; I love the anticipation of the next big move.

For anyone who is not yet impressed by v10's performance (as compared to competitors), I'd like to remind folks that Waymo actively steers their vehicles away from difficult situations.

If you refer to this particular Waymo disengagement, in which a vehicle stops in the middle of the road over a cone, you'll notice that at about 30:18 the safety driver says "I don't know why this construction zone wasn't taken off the map."

They have to actively curate drivable roads, while Tesla lets their Beta drivers go wherever they want and stress test the system however they want.

I remember watching AI day someone had asked about limitations in FSD software in case someone tries to purposefully trick it. Elon was joking about someone doing a "wiley coyote tunnel sticker against a wall" but he acknowledged that if someone had a t-shirt that had a stop sign printed; this would indeed cause the car to stop.

I imagine this will be one of the issues Tesla has to solve before it beta passes. There are just too many folks with nefarious purposes ready to hit the brakes on Tesla's FSD future.

Wouldn't that be kind of like someone shining a high powered spot light suddenly into driver's eyes on a dark night from the side of the road to try to get old people to crash? In other words, the crime is not that people couldn't adapt to the threat, it's that someone was taking specific action to try to get them to crash.

1. Traffic awareness - when there are enough fleet of Tesla on road, Tesla should be able to analyze everything, given the speed and flow of traffic. When comparing to Google's traffic data (which I believe it's what's currently showing on maps), and there's a sudden change, Tesla can tap into nearby Teslas to analyze the situation... whether there's an accident, mal-function traffic light... etc.

In fact, traffic awareness will become much more powerful once Tesla opens the superchargers to other cars - they ALL will need the Tesla app, and the Tesla network will thus get data on the speed and flow of traffic from a much larger number of cars.

I don't understand not allowing energy exports from Canada, or Mexico, or Texas?
Texas wants to export certain forms of energy, in fact the economy was built on being connected via myriad pipelines and shipping. They don't want the Feds to regulate electricity reliability and markets so they forbid that for the most part and this keeps a huge amount of wind energy and soon to be solar locked in a separate world when the electrons would be better served displacing more expensive energy in say LA, or GA or NM or whereever. TX- state of hypocrites on energy. Just greed, citizens of TX don't even have cheap power, go to OK or KS and you'll find most powerbills are much lower than in TX. Not reliable either, look at El Paso that had almost no impact from that deep freeze, hint they are not part of the TX grid. So TX pays a lot, cost the nation a lot, and is not reliable and constrains trade. Should be stopped. Rant over

Reminder that the next 2 episodes of “Countdown”, the docuseries about the SpaceX Inspiration4 mission, become available tonight on Netflix.

They’re not available yet, though. (Lol, maybe they’re still editing them?)

Connection to TSLA investing: “You see, what had happened was….”

Edit: Releases at midnight Pacific Time. Guess I won’t be watching them tonight…

Last edited:
Reminder that the next 2 episodes of “Countdown”, the docuseries about the SpaceX Inspiration4 mission, become available tonight on Netflix.

They’re not available yet, though. (Lol, maybe they’re still editing them?)

Connection to TSLA investing: “You see, what had happened was….”

Edit: Releases at midnight Pacific Time. Guess I won’t be watching them tonight…

If you mean episodes 3&4, they’re already available. I just watched ep. 3. Episode 5 is the only one not available yet.

Texas wants to export certain forms of energy, in fact the economy was built on being connected via myriad pipelines and shipping. They don't want the Feds to regulate electricity reliability and markets so they forbid that for the most part and this keeps a huge amount of wind energy and soon to be solar locked in a separate world when the electrons would be better served displacing more expensive energy in say LA, or GA or NM or whereever. TX- state of hypocrites on energy. Just greed, citizens of TX don't even have cheap power, go to OK or KS and you'll find most powerbills are much lower than in TX. Not reliable either, look at El Paso that had almost no impact from that deep freeze, hint they are not part of the TX grid. So TX pays a lot, cost the nation a lot, and is not reliable and constrains trade. Should be stopped. Rant over
Enron was Texas... so you have a point.

I have a 100% wind plan with free power between 8PM and 6AM. Works out to 8 cents a KWH.

Lost power during the deep freeze for 53 hours.

People a few blocks over for not so long.

Hypocrisy here is about the same as everywhere else.

But if someone like Elon wants to get stuff done, like in Austin, or Starbase, drive on 85 MPH roads or race at the Circuit the Americas it can happen. Regulation is not always constructive.

So in Texas self serving business usually wins, but at least it is fast and you can get onto the next thing.

I will hold my shares until people say: “Wow, this car drives better than me”

Sandy Munro already said “it drives like I would” on his first FSD ride.
Looking at the FSD beta10 youtube videos, it seems like the car already recognizes more than an average driver (and me) would, 360 pure vision is really impressive.
We may be closer to general acceptance of FSD than we think since AI software improves exponentially and sensing base is now solid.

To me this chart has always looked like an algo would push to either $700 or fall back and cover to $798. Anyone still think $700 is doable this week?

Max pain for Friday....

Screenshot_20210913-225944_Chrome~2.jpg

Reactions: Discoducky