Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is literally just someone's opinion and speculation that is not based on any factual information/knowledge and does absolutely nothing to warrant the jist of what you wrote.

Once again, there is nothing out there that even remotely insinuates Tesla is unhappy about quality coming out of Giga Berlin. The permit to 2,000 allows Tesla to test equipment at higher run rates so that they're more prepared for higher volume the moment they get full approval. Simple as that.

Double bullish!

I welcome the higher price as the functional ability also goes up in kind.

And earnings reports get that much prettier!
Agree.
Also, just for fun: TSLA doubters, detractors and shorters parody:

• jan 2022: "WTF! 35% GM - that is crazy high and unsustainable! And irresponsible - what about all my clever analysis claiming something else!?"
  • jan 2023: 2 million car sold - and 40% GM. "That's is madness! Competition will come! Do something! Call the FED - or the cops!"
  • jan 2024: 3½ mil cars sold - and 45% GM "!!! My mind is melting - argh !!"
  • jan 2025: 5 mill cars sold. FSD released in most of the world. Clear path to Robotaxies and 60% GM: "ARhgg ..." ... followed by incoherent wailing and guttural, sobbing noises.
  • jan 2026 Tesla the most valuable company in the world - by far. TSLA detractors are oddly silent. It is later discovered that many took up poetry as a much more financially rewarding career.

I think you might be right. Are you reading between these lines?
  1. Elon most likely tested V11 Alpha just before raising prices
  2. Dojo was due to be stood up in 2021
To counter thus, Elon said they would continually raise prices and $2k isn't much all things considered.
I agree with Dojo progress and V11.

I will add a bit of speculation on top. My pure speculation is that experience achieved getting to V11 has resulted in a closer estimation of what will be required in FSD V4.

I am wondering if just as Tesla built FSD capabilities into every vehicle, they will now upgrade all vehicles to FSD 4.

This $2k will help fund the several million retrofits initially.

It is cheaper to bring the safety of FSD into the world via retrofits than by new vehicles while battery resources are escaping constraints.

The value of the used (but upgraded) existing fleet would be a strong marketing statement In favor of the brand and also more quickly expand the subscription base.

Food for thought🙂

Agree.
Also, just for fun: TSLA doubters, detractors and shorters parody:

• jan 2022: "WTF! 35% GM - that is crazy high and unsustainable! And irresponsible - what about all my clever analysis claiming something else!?"
  • jan 2023: 2 million car sold - and 40% GM. "That's is madness! Competition will come! Do something! Call the FED - or the cops!"
  • jan 2024: 3½ mil cars sold - and 45% GM "!!! My mind is melting - argh !!"
  • jan 2025: 5 mill cars sold. FSD released in most of the world. Clear path to Robotaxies and 60% GM: "ARhgg ..." ... followed by incoherent wailing and guttural, sobbing noises.
  • jan 2026 Tesla the most valuable company in the world - by far. TSLA detractors are oddly silent. It is later discovered that many took up poetry as a much more financially rewarding career.
January 2027, Tesla shifts to making paper clips and shortly thereafter all mass in the universe is converted to paper clips

With GM now showing Hummer, Silverado, Blazer, Equinox, and ???...all "coming in 1 or 2 years", wouldn’t they run into Osborning their own ICE sales for years with these announcements? Doesn't make any sense to me Barra....
What she is doing, and many other companies have been doing for years is a tried and true strategy in the consumer marketplace. I don't know the name but the strategy is to give those that are considering a Tesla right now the belief that if they just wait a while longer they can get a real car from a real car company. As well as many people want a car just like their old reliable equinox. Or they always wanted a hummer or Blazer and what she has done is to get many people to delay buying a tesla until her and her company actually have an offering of some sort. These announcements cost very little and they are "advertising."
People are not honest.

That is literally just someone's opinion and speculation that is not based on any factual information/knowledge and does absolutely nothing to warrant the jist of what you wrote.

Once again, there is nothing out there that even remotely insinuates Tesla is unhappy about quality coming out of Giga Berlin. The permit to 2,000 allows Tesla to test equipment at higher run rates so that they're more prepared for higher volume the moment they get full approval. Simple as that.
Stop it you two.... BOTH of you can be right...and if you both aren't you should be.

• Funny
Reactions: hoang51