Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MV5BMjc4OTc0ODgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM1ODE0MQ@@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

I don't quite like that movie in the TSLA context: they start at 300, then 299 ... then all the way down until only (spoiler!) 1 remains. What's that, TSLAQ sponsorship???

(Now 10,000 B.C., that's a fine movie, and I see great parallels with TSLA!!)

I don't quite like that movie in the TSLA context: they start at 300, then 299 ... then all the way down until only (spoiler!) 1 remains. What's that, TSLAQ sponsorship???

Yeah, but that's a great poster. Shove the shorts over the cliff.

I don't understand why we only talk about Tesla's huge data set vs Waymo by comparing their fleets, when Google gets millions of people doing free labelling works through Recaptcha. Daily. They've been collecting the data for many years already.

Just today, I had to detect, locate and label dozens of bridges, stop signs, cars, traffic lights, trucks, etc against my will. Just so I could login into an account, fill in a form, enable a feature, or access a webpage.

Tesla don't have that power.
In case you are serious - if they have not already labeled those, how are they figuring out whether you are correct or not ?

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap

Are you referring to $TSLA SP or numbers of bears/TSLAQ?
I assumed 1 remained by 2025 when TSLA have a sizable market and ICE are on a brinks of death.

Tesla confirms new full self-driving computer is in production, will demonstrate capability this month

April 19th, mark your calendar

“Tesla announced today that its new full self-driving computer, previously known as the Autopilot Hardware 3.0 upgrade, is now in production and the company will hold a demonstration of the new capabilities later this month”

“With a number of very exciting developments coming in the weeks and months ahead, Tesla will host investors on the morning of April 19th at our headquarters in Palo Alto to provide a deep dive into our self-driving technology and road map.”

While the event is presented as being for investors, it will be webcast for everyone to see.

Tesla described what will happen on April 19th:

“Investors will be able to take test-drives to experience our Autopilot software first-hand, including features and functionality that are under active development. Investors will also hear directly from Elon Musk, as well as VP of Engineering, Stuart Bowers, VP of Hardware Engineering, Pete Bannon, and Sr. Director of AI, Andrej Karpathy
I hope they fired the curmudgeonly buzz kill that convinced them to move it a day ahead.

Yeah. I'm gonna get an RSI if I keep refreshing their IR page until then...

Linette Lopez reporting: "Violent Tesla fans started a massively distributed denial of service attack against Tesla's IR and the SEC's Edgar websites, in an attempt to hide poor Tesla sales and to retaliate against the SEC."

I especially like the "Mild" Hybrids. What *are* they? Something like the red sauce from Taco Bell (mild) vs the green sauce (spicy).
Mild hybrids are those vehicles, usually trucks, that have a very large alternator to run power equipment.

In general, you can consider hybrids the bias-belted tires of the automotive industry.

• Funny
Reactions: madodel
Again - why do folks think it will be released today - instead of after the hearing tomorrow ?
  1. Tesla's self-imposed rule is releasing it on the 1-3rd day after the quarter ended
  2. Media has been given the heads up it is coming this afternoon (US)
  3. Why would it have to do anything with the hearing? The judge will take a few days/weeks to come up with a ruling. If this data somehow undermined Elon's court case - which I think you are implying - it would be just as bad during the next few days.