Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Explained like Morris the cat after Thanksgiving, who sets these crazy stop losses? Retail or Funds being controlled on people's behalf or a mix? Like why a bunch at 150?

So imagine when Tesla pops and you thought you had 10% to find nothing in there. Is that what happens should that scenario pan out? Then the broker says "We were protecting your investments from going to zero!" Yes/No?
Let's call them what they really are. Stop profits

I wasn't watching... is this when he spoke?

1671046920640.png

Norwegian proud triple Tesla owner and long time optimistic TSLA holder here. I’ve been following this thread for a year and a half without posting. I don’t know if this is of any interest to all of you, but FWIW: Since EM bought Twitter, being a known Tesla ambassador has been an embarrassing experience in Norway. Regardless of the success story that Tesla is, its just not fun to defend EM anymore. Today I sold off all my shares. I‘m out. So Long, and thanks for all the fish.
You must have some incredibly thin skin to be embarrassed by Elon Musk and sell at these prices. In my opinion of course. Nice second post by the way.

You must have some incredibly thin skin to be embarrassed by Elon Musk and sell at these prices. In my opinion of course. Nice second post by the way.
Doesn't make sense to sell on a red day anyways. Green days are for selling, red days are for buying.

Reading this thread you'd think most people here are on margin, have options plays, are in engaged in other risky stuff, or are waiting for the next rip to sell. Equity investors should be salivating over market moves like this, and Warren Buffett would say a person making a good investment in a security won't care if the stock market shuts down entirely for five years. The stock market is only a place to trade pieces of businesses.

News from China's Covid situation. Apparently many of my family members over there got it. You are denied hospital access if it's not severe. They are not quarantining anyone and just told them to stay at home. Those who were quarantined were sent home. This is in Beijing, and people are speculating about 1/3 of the people has Covid. Herd immunity is the name of the game and zero Covid policy looks to be over.

Welp I sold a decent portion of my shares and am now doing the same process I did in the spring through fall of 2021. Bought Jan 25 220 Calls with 60% of the proceeds. Will keep adding to that collection of LEAPS if the stock drops lower and as I get FCF monthly. Luckily I'm in situation where I can add to the LEAPS collection by the tune of 8-10k monthly.

Not at all interested in DCA shares.....I'm DCA'ing LEAPS at this point. To be frank......either the stock is past it's ATH by Jan 2025 or the Tesla the company has self-imploded and thus the rest of my shares won't be worth much of anything anyways. 🥴

Hyenas don’t attack healthy lions 🦁
🙄

Hyenas are one of lions' worst enemies. Although hyenas eat dead lions, they often go after lion cubs since adult lions are more difficult for them to kill. For a fact, it takes about ten hyenas to take down a lioness conveniently, and the number doubles up with a male lion.

News from China's Covid situation. Apparently many of my family members over there got it. You are denied hospital access if it's not severe. They are not quarantining anyone and just told them to stay at home. Those who were quarantined were sent home. This is in Beijing, and people are speculating about 1/3 of the people has Covid. Herd immunity is the name of the game and zero Covid policy looks to be over.
Is herd immunity really a thing when people catch Covid more than once?

Nope. I have to wait until first trading day after 01 Jan 2023 to buy more TSLA via my tax free savings account.

I’m sure the stock will stay low until the day the Q4 numbers come out. Which will be a day before I buy more TSLA.
I got soaked buying TSLA that way in 2022. Jan 3 and 4th were in the $380-$400 range, Jan 27 it got down to $275. I'm not sure what I bought at (not at my PC to look it up), but I know I'm down almost 60% from there now. I bought the full $7k in one shot.

I know I won't time the bottom right so maybe next time I'll put the order in by multiple chunks and avoid buying that first week of Jan, spread it out over multiple weeks.

My fear last year was it would run away from me and waiting would make me pay higher prices. Looking at the past 3 years there is always a dip in March that is lower than Jan. So I guess I'll gamble that way in 2023...

Welp I sold a decent portion of my shares and am now doing the same process I did in the spring through fall of 2021. Bought Jan 25 220 Calls with 60% of the proceeds. Will keep adding to that collection of LEAPS if the stock drops lower and as I get FCF monthly. Luckily I'm in situation where I can add to the LEAPS collection by the tune of 8-10k monthly.

Not at all interested in DCA shares.....I'm DCA'ing LEAPS at this point. To be frank......either the stock is past it's ATH by Jan 2025 or the Tesla the company has self-imploded and thus the rest of my shares won't be worth much of anything anyways. 🥴

Right there with you on the LEAPS, picked up a $220 '25 about 30min ago as well.