Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure they'll do that when Tesla deems it safe and bug free. The implication is that they're not there yet. Whether it's due to driving, parking, onboarding, or any other number of aspects is anyone's guess.
Thus far it’s not clear whether Clark County or the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority simply isn’t allowing it yet. As far as I’m aware, nobody in a position of authority has actually explained the delay. Autonomy was originally scheduled to be going by the end of the year.

I would like to see the boring company switch to true driverless in the las vegas loop. It feels like something that would be super easy to do, and would be a huge PR win for Tesla in the minds of people who don't pay attention to this stuff. Plus a great bit of general marketing and PR and will give the average joe confidence in Teslas ultimate FSD goal.

I'd love to see someone on the Q4 call ask Elon why they don't do this.

Probably due to the risk of people who hate Tesla and Elon trying to stage an event. It might be better to roll out autonomy when it's ready for unsupervised driving in the real world. Otherwise, people will say, "If it can't even drive safely in a closed, well-defined environment, how can it handle all the complexity of actual road environments?".

Poor risk/reward ratio.

Was wondering when this would be published:

Been posted already and busted, apparently the protest lead is a BYD employee. Also, if one takes it all into context, who else could organize multiple protests in multiple cities in hours notice...?

Do others have the materials/ material science? would they start with the 9K 1st?
This. Even I have posted before that there is no one else using Giga castings. Many of the Chinese want to, but they cannot becuase they do not have the scaling to make the cost equation work. LK even hinted at this, they've got inquires from 7 Chinese makes but they cannot move on it for a while till they figure out their fundamental blocks.

9000-ton IDRA press going to Asia? Some speculation it’s for a 1-piece casting for the sub-compact:

Considering the lag between Gigapress delivery and production is usually less than 6 months, this is huge news for whoever is receiving it. Tesla does not buy these and leave them sitting idle for 2 years.

Also possible they are doing a second Cybertruck line in Shanghai? Tesla had talked about a smaller one for Asia/ Europe. It is quite popular with the Australians also.

Regardless, Tesla spinning up a line in Shanghai that requires a 9k Ton GP is massive news. This lines up well with Tesla’s investor call where they announce their next gen platform on March 1st. Sounds like they learned their lesson with the Cybertruck and the time between announcement and production will be very short?

WOW. This is huge.

Considering the lag between Gigapress delivery and production is usually less than 6 months, this is huge news for whoever is receiving it. Tesla does not buy these and leave them sitting idle for 2 years.

Also possible they are doing a second Cybertruck line in Shanghai? Tesla had talked about a smaller one for Asia/ Europe. It is quite popular with the Australians also.

Regardless, Tesla spinning up a line in Shanghai that requires a 9k Ton GP is massive news. This lines up well with Tesla’s investor call where they announce their next gen platform on March 1st. Sounds like they learned their lesson with the Cybertruck and the time between announcement and production will be very short?
There's no way they are making a CT for Asian market, makes no sense there. The US is the largest market for trucks, that makes sense. A 9ton IDRA makes a lot of sense if the compact car is small enough think of my other post a hella large casting for said small car. Then they could pop out these castings like hotcakes and drive that price down.

Then the kicker, the scale implies that if done to a 25K car, they need to pump out a Giga ton of these.

If I were a Chinese brand like oh BYD, I'd be scared !@#$tless.

Was wondering when this would be published:

Please can we have more FUD like this!

“What? Are people angry because Tesla lowered its prices? That must have been some drastic price cuts. Maybe I can afford one now. Let’s go to their website and check those cars out.”

Growing demand in China, only needed a little push. Also, get margins from growing to obscene levels.

And then you here people saying the price cut only causes a one week delivery wait time extra.
That’s the result after a few days… Let’s see next month 🔥

And then you here people saying the price cut only causes a one week delivery wait time extra.
That’s the result after a few days… Let’s see next month 🔥
CNBC was funny this am, they mentioned Tesla is up despite increasing wait times. Despite! Oh the horror, they forget which way to push the narrative. Demand problems! /s

This. Even I have posted before that there is no one else using Giga castings. Many of the Chinese want to, but they cannot becuase they do not have the scaling to make the cost equation work. LK even hinted at this, they've got inquires from 7 Chinese makes but they cannot move on it for a while till they figure out their fundamental blocks.

I'm not sure this story passes the sniff test. Why would IDRA group send a 9,000 ton gigapress from Italy to China when their owners, LK Tech, are based in China? One-off rush job? Why not build the 9Kt press in Ningbo? It's only 230 km by road to Giga Shanghai.

LK Machinery | The World Premiere of Dreampress 9000-ton Giga Press die-casting machine | Apr 23, 2021

csm_Slider_Corp_LK_7fc968a485.jpg

Last edited: