Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Geez, read the article. Bendix discovered it and first they did a recall, Tesla did theirs a month later. It's voluntary and there have been no accidents.
Through March 13th.

"And as per the Safety Recall Report, Tesla Semi units produced starting March 14, 2023 are already equipped with a replacement parking brake valve module with improved internals that prevents air leakage."

Tesla's response was actually better than that.
Benedix recall was filed Feb 7th and they alerted Tesla Feb 13th. Tesla met with them on the 14th. It appears in parallel with Tesla's investigation, which lasted until March 17th when they filed a recall, Tesla held March production on site for retrofit. Only units build on or before Feb 28 are under the recall.

F'ing A California. California has done more to bring about sustainable transport than any other entity. Hard stuff all with way back to the 70s. Hat's off to you.
... while simultaneously making home solar in California more expensive - to protect Utilities and thereby creating a future power shortage. If only the left hand could at least wave to the right for Pete's sake!

This is a bit long but a lot of discussion on the valley of death for the legacies. They are not calling it that but current automotive industry utilization is way below a normal 80% at 50-60% , new EV plants are being built and ICE capacity has not yet been meaningfully reduced. At some point there will need to be a massive restructuring. Major risks to legacy if there is no profits on EV's and little demand for ICE.

New!

1680278655916.png

Tesla's response was actually better than that.
Benedix recall was filed Feb 7th and they alerted Tesla Feb 13th. Tesla met with them on the 14th. It appears in parallel with Tesla's investigation, which lasted until March 17th when they filed a recall, Tesla held March production on site for retrofit. Only units build on or before Feb 28 are under the recall.
Interesting that we haven't heard recalls from other manufacturers using that same Bendix unit... Rivian?

Doesn't seem doable to me, in 12 years. Too much specificity, and too few actively working on it. The Tesla Semi is the only thing remotely close to this category I know of. I predict a lot of tractors being bought out of state after 2035.
(*Edit - I actually posted this before I saw you respond to me ;-) )

C'mon , man. If you don't know anything about something, google it before you speak. I'm dumb as a post, but at least I can do that.

Here's a road test article from freaking 2021. You're a bit behind the times.

Interesting that we haven't heard recalls from other manufacturers using that same Bendix unit... Rivian?
It's specifically for Class 8 type tractor trailers.
The recall population is the entire production of the Intellipark Towing Park Brake Module (PVM). The Towing PVM differs from the Non-towing PVM in that it has two channels to control the tractor and the trailer park brakes. The Non-towing PMV has only one channel to control the park brakes as typical on a truck
or bus. The Non-towing PMV does not contain the defect.

Proposed IRA rules that take effect 4/17ish:
Federal Register :: Request Access
Treasury press release page

Looks like it was accurate to say vehicles in the next couple of years will be disqualified from the credit based on containing any foreign-entity-of-concern components/minerals with further guidance coming

Beginning in 2024, an eligible clean vehicle may not contain any battery components that are manufactured by a foreign entity of concern and beginning in 2025 an eligible clean vehicle may not contain any critical minerals that were extracted, processed, or recycled by a foreign entity of concern. The NPRM states that Treasury and IRS will issue subsequent guidance on this provision.

Reactions: navguy12 and JRP3
I can't keep up on all the Supercharger stuff, but I do recall CyberTruck will be able to use the same (CyberVault?) charging system as the Semi. Or is that version already out there? Or is there yet another step change possible in charging speed on 4680's to tap those new tabless benefits? Any faster and it's gonna be Circle K friendly with a whole island for EVs.
Likely no

They will share the same immersion cooling cable, but that's probably it

You won't see a Cybertruck charging at a Semi charger, different connectors and power, Cybertruck will likely charge at somewhere between 600 to 700 kW, while Semi is 2 MW+

(*Edit - I actually posted this before I saw you respond to me ;-) )

C'mon , man. If you don't know anything about something, google it before you speak. I'm dumb as a post, but at least I can do that.

Here's a road test article from freaking 2021. You're a bit behind the times.

Have to disagree with you here. Tesla is the only company that is even remotely close to producing electric semis at scale.
They are maybe one to two years out but they”ll get there. Everyone else is putting third party batteries in diesel chassis.
That is not a model that scales.

The other truck makers need to design a new chassis from the ground up and source 50GW to 100GW of low cost, high energy density cells. You are probably looking at 2030 before anyone other than Tesla is selling tens of thousands of e-semis

Last edited:
Likely no

They will share the same immersion cooling cable, but that's probably it

You won't see a Cybertruck charging at a Semi charger, different connectors and power, Cybertruck will likely charge at somewhere between 600 to 700 kW, while Semi is 2 MW+
Likely yes.