Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F'ing A California. California has done more to bring about sustainable transport than any other entity. Hard stuff all with way back to the 70s. Hat's off to you.
Thanks....but we do PAY for it. Look at the cost of our gasoline and electricity. I am not against this effort, I just realize that my goods will magically cost more as a result of this, even if the forcing of commercial EVs actually results in reduced costs for the provider, they will create a new surcharge....mark my words!

Edit: Adding text to go along with screen shot:

"The Biden administration on Friday granted California the legal authority to require that half of all garbage trucks, tractor-trailers, cement mixers and other heavy vehicles sold in the state must be all-electric by 2035, an aggressive plan designed to clean up the worst polluters on the road."
Just worth mentioning, 2035 is a long long time in terms of the EV industry.

Does bring up the need for Tesla to build a customizable chassis for adaption by others though.

(*Edit - I actually posted this before I saw you respond to me ;-) )

C'mon , man. If you don't know anything about something, google it before you speak. I'm dumb as a post, but at least I can do that.

Here's a road test article from freaking 2021. You're a bit behind the times.

Despite my lack of research, I'm going to stand by my skepticism. GM has been working on electric cars since the 90s, Nissan launched the Leaf in 2010. I'm betting against anyone not called Tesla until they prove they can compete in electric vehicles.

Attachments

• 12509420_10205607334438208_6787688103764385212_n.jpg
    12509420_10205607334438208_6787688103764385212_n.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 78
True, although I'm surprised they didn't find this in their test fleet of trucks. Haven't they been using a bunch of Tesla semis to transport between Fremont and Sparks, as well as for deliveries within trucking distance of Fremont?
Tesla didn't work out that the defrosters didn't clean the driver's side windshield until the S got into the hands of actual users. It's no real surprise that a new vehicle in a class of vehicle that they never made before has a bug or two.

Doesn't seem doable to me, in 12 years. Too much specificity, and too few actively working on it. The Tesla Semi is the only thing remotely close to this category I know of. I predict a lot of tractors being bought out of state after 2035.
How many electric cars on the road 12 years ago?

There are far fewer heavy trucks on the road than consumer cars. Several orders of magnitude fewer.

Most of them need less range than the 500 mile Semi as well.

Despite my lack of research, I'm going to stand by my skepticism. GM has been working on electric cars since the 90s, Nissan launched the Leaf in 2010. I'm betting against anyone not called Tesla until they prove they can compete in electric vehicles.
Aren't those the ones that the customers loved but GM crushed. Nissan, unfortunately, listened to those who insisted that no one needs a car that does more than 100 miles on a good day.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Likely yes.

The charger cabinet is separate from the charger pedestal. NACS has a 1000V variant that can push 900 Amps into an uncooled charge port.
As to that article, they are referring to the discussion on the immersion cooled charge cable.
obviously to charge a truck like this quickly you need high power chargers. So we developed a megawatt class charger as it's capable of charging at megawatt to DC. Yeah, and it's our next generation immersive cooling, so it's liquid cooled so you don't need like a gigantic elephant trunk of a cable. You can actually have a small small cable and that cable delivers a megawatt with 3x the current density. I mean this is really cool stuff. I mean we took you're actually immersing the conductor in the coolant this water-based coolant that we have and we're then doing some really neat isolation monitoring on the back end to ensure that it's safe in delivering that. It needs to, but it means that we can really shove a lot of current in a very very small place. So, you know, for those that have worked uh and charged their cars on a V3 supercharger and the cable is nice and you know maneuverable it's the same thing here, but now we're just shoving a megawatt through it instead. So you know this is key for high power applications like semi, but you want to tell him or? Do you want me to tell him? Yeah I mean it's going to be used for cyber truck too yeah. So this is this is coming to our superchargers uh next year yeah

Please someone explain to me why this does not mean that Tesla Shanghai will be going at 100% and selling it all in China for most of the year.

If this were to suddenly become undeniable we will see TSLA moon this year. ATH possible and assailable. Macros….

Please someone explain to me why this does not mean that Tesla Shanghai will be going at 100% and selling it all in China for most of the year.

If this were to suddenly become undeniable we will see TSLA moon this year. ATH possible and assailable. Macros….
Do any Tesla factories go at anything less than 100%? Tesla Shanghai certain is.

They export some of their cars because Europe is important too and I think it's more profitable. As Berlin continues to ramp maybe fewer exports.

Also, Tesla doesn't need to push as hard in China for the mission. BYD and others are pushing hard there too.