Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a bit of Sawyer-style "BREAKING NEWS" for you all.

Tonight's wave of FSD v11.3.4 officially completes the NHTSA recall for every vehicle that gets it. I checked my VIN in Tesla's recall database this afternoon prior to the update, and it showed the February recall notice. Just checked it again after the update, and the recall is no longer associated with my VIN.
Yah. It’s in the release notes.

From Tesla WeChat
7ED56073-BC75-4B07-91E2-9D23AB7448A0.jpeg

Yah. It’s in the release notes.

True. But given there have been 4 different public patches of the firmware with those release notes sent out to customer cars, it's a little unclear when exactly Tesla was counting the recall as complete. It's pretty significant that Tesla is actually sending VINs to the NHTSA recall database as soon as they receive v11.3.4.

Tonight's wave of FSD v11.3.4 officially completes the NHTSA recall for every vehicle that gets it. I checked my VIN in Tesla's recall database this afternoon prior to the update, and it showed the February recall notice. Just checked it again after the update, and the recall is no longer associated with my VIN.

Good news! What was your previously installed version of FSD beta prior to today's update?

Cheers!

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I think anyone expecting the cybervault to be more than either a slick cybertruck / Tesla inspired locker or maybe power station is going to be surprised (it has a cheap looking barrel lock on it, nobody uses those for any kind of serious security) and appears to be around 19-20" tall, too small for any kind of range extension or power wall type activity, larger than most wall lockers that might have this sort of cheap security.

I'm not sure if the apparent charge receptacle is just for looks or if this really has batteries in which case it would be something like a Jackery / Anker / EcoFlow type portable power station (good for powering small electronics for a good while or one appliance for a short while, but no powerwall or range extender), but very odd to have a lock on it if so.

If that leaked image is legit, I would not expect the "Cybervault" to be more than yet another neat gimmick product on shop.tesla.com, much like their wireless charging pad. So everyone should probably curb their enthusiasm.
I find the whole thing weird and tend to agree. But we’re just getting a corner of whatever is going on here. Feels like a lot of hype for what it appears to be.

Probably if I was Chinese this would make a bit more sense.

Reactions: hobbes
I find the whole thing weird and tend to agree. But we’re just getting a corner of whatever is going on here. Feels like a lot of hype for what it appears to be.

Probably if I was Chinese this would make a bit more sense.
From the translated WeChat release and that image, I am now guessing that perhaps the Cybervault is a ruggedized and "tamper resistant" L2 EVSE for destination and public chargers, potentially with some kind of payment infrastructure, but basically a rugged, "secured" EVSE for use in "public" spaces.

They'll probably sell a bunch to Cybertruck buyers in the US too to put in their garages "because cyber" but it likely won't have any technical advantage over a V2/V3 Tesla EVSE unless it supports higher L2 charging speeds, but with the WeChat PR I am guessing this is targeting trendy public spaces in China for EVSE sales.

I'm quite excited by the 'several hours' comment here. It suggests that there is a LOT of stuff in place, and a lot to see. Given that CT is supposed to be very manufacturing-efficient, that makes me think the whole line is close to done. Could the unthinkable happen, and Tesla actually be AHEAD of schedule???
The last Videos showed active construction with excavation and new rebar on the GA ground floor.
So it's not just finishing touches.

The last Videos showed active construction with excavation and new rebar on the GA ground floor.
So it's not just finishing touches.
Ground floor is stamping (which could be critical path for production) and Model Y.
Cybertruck assembly is on a whole nother level...
Literally, it's on the second floor.
Screenshot_20230402_074203_Firefox.jpg

I was referring to the south-west corner area. But I have no knowledge about the specific location of the Cybertruck lines.
Yah, that is stamping which is needed to build vehicles at volume [got my east and west reversed] , but the assembly lines that use those parts (what Elon toured) could be close to done. (Which isn't to say the stamping isn't close to done also)
Tune a line, tune a press, tuna fishing from the bed of a Cybertruck. 😀

Last edited:
Yah, that is stamping which is needed to build vehicles at volume, but the assembly lines that use those parts (what Elon toured) could be close to done. (Which isn't to say the stamping isn't close to done also)
Tune a line, tune a press, tuna fishing from the bed of a Cybertruck. 😀
No, stamping is south-east (stamping 1) and south-middle (stamping 2, former intrafactory road)
South-west was officially designated as future production by Tesla and didn't get the big Isolation foundations. Doesn't rule out use for smaller stamping tools though..

No, stamping is south-east (stamping 1) and south-middle (stamping 2, former intrafactory road)
South-west was officially designated as future production by Tesla and didn't get the big Isolation foundations. Doesn't rule out use for smaller stamping tools though..

In Joe Tegtmeyers most recent video above, he includes a view inside the South West corner looking at the new General Assembly line #2 & #3 progress. If you look closely from around 7:20 to 9:00 you will see the robot fabricators that have been assembled so far in the second/third floor of this area and ongoing concrete pours on the ground. This is the area that the new lines for the Cybertruck are supposed to be. This is to the west of the staming extension and to the south of the main entry as shown on Joe's building plan below:

1680440297790.png

There still looks to be a decent amount of work to go before these lines will be ready for commissioning. They are also finishing off the isolation foundations for the additional presses and metal folding machines that will be used for the cybertruck. The work is getting much closer but I'd guess still a least a couple of months before they get to full line commissioning and first production.