Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out the rack..
on that Cybertruck!

1683578621282.png

Last edited:
Last time I supercharged at a restaurant, my car completed charging before my meal arrived. Had to go out in the parking lot to move the car. Came back in just as the food was being served. Elapsed time: 18 min.
A version of queuing via the phone APP could help if 2 - 4 parking spaces back up to one Supercharger stall so one Tesla charges at a time. All you'd have to do is release the charge plug via the APP so one of the other 3 can take plug it into their car, and so on.

No overtime charge, since the APP knows you've released the plug, and it notifies the next guy in the queue to take out the plug and charge their car.

3 fast food places at interstate exits by me have PLENTY of unused room to install 4 stalls each at 8 parking spots.

On a recent road trip to Texas, I came across a fella in a lucid at an Arizona SC. He had plenty of electrons to get to a 3rd party charger…but he was also on a road trip and was disappointed to find out the SC network is in fact not open to non teslas.

He claimed that the sales rep told him “most Tesla supercharger locations had a few dedicated 3rd party accessible stalls.”

I felt bad for him because I too have been lied to by car stealershops. Also this was a 60 stall 250kw station and it was nearly empty…sure seemed like a great opportunity to sell some electrons to Lucid customers.