Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The volumes were high early ... but volumes dropped quickly around 11:11 AM...
What obvious things am I missing?

That possibly 90%+ of all "Volume" on NASDAQ is just fake back'n'forth high-frequency trading by market-making hedge funds to spoof real trading? And that if any REAL buying or selling comes in from a 3rd party (like when Elon sells even 1 freakin' share) their boards light up like a Christmas Tree?

It's (almost) all fake. Jus' sayin'... ;)

Bit of a no-brainer but still nice to see.
1686251494434.png

Now, take this with a grain of salt. Okay, maybe a dump truck load of salt, and, by no means ever, ever take anything I write as investment advice.

With that said, I did some prognosticating upon my evil plan for 1% per Trading Day going forward and took a backward look to see how we are doing.

As pointed out above by a couple of folks, the trend began back in mid-May, so I've calculated from there to today at 1% gain and came up with a promise that we will close at $208.25 195.25* today. Okay, so far, so good.
*EDIT: Dag nab it, I used 7 day weeks again, grr. Now recalculated, and even took out the holiday for good measure.

Clearly, the SP has blown that number right out of the water, so I'll have to adjust my guesstification of a timeline for a $600 SP somewhat. (also, I noticed how I had used 7 day weeks instead of 5 day weeks in my earlier silly attempt at this ridiculousness)

Correcting for all of this, should something as totally bizarre as an ever-increasing TSLA SP defy all known laws of physics, psychology, and the usual FUD factors and somehow continue to increase at 1% per day, it will be at $600 around mid October.

That's it! I'm drawing the line in the sand and standing firm in my wholehearted belief that this is total hogwash and has no possibility of ever actually happening.

(I'm talking to you Murphy, are you listening?)

Last edited:
Which aligns well with what I had posted sometime ago - per store, CT showroom models in ~4 weeks on their floors. So, mid July, people can check them out in person.
Which also aligns with an email from Tesla recently received by my doctor about his CyberTruck order, which I won't say anything about since the last time I did I received more dislikes than ever before...

Interesting, but LMAO...

That's actually the perfect place for that system... let's you legally read a book behind the wheel while sitting in California highway traffic jams... Been waiting 5 years now for Tesla to let me do that and still waiting.

That's actually the perfect place for that system... let's you legally read a book behind the wheel while sitting in California highway traffic jams... Been waiting 5 years now for Tesla to let me do that and still waiting.
Just use Whole Mars Catalog's knee-on-the-wheel strategy and you should be fine. Personally I would much rather use it and go 70-80 mph on the freeway than be hands-free and limited to 40 mph... that to me sounds like a rear-ender waiting to happen!

Interesting, but LMAO...

"There are some conditions that come with the approval however as the system is limited to operation on the above mentioned highways during daylight hours only, and at speeds not exceeding 40mph (64km/h)."

Huh?

Can someone show me a highway in California that has a speed limit of only 40 mph? Does Drive Pilot do lane changes? If it doesn't, how can that possibly be considered Level 3? Just because you can look away while you stay in current lane but the moment you have to actually do something like a normal person on a highway (change lanes, avoid traffic, get to your exit, etc..) it's no longer Level 3?
Just use Whole Mars Catalog's knee-on-the-wheel strategy and you should be fine. Personally I would much rather use it and go 70-80 mph on the freeway than be hands-free and limited to 40 mph... that to me sounds like a rear-ender waiting to happen!
In Californian and other states, you can actually get pulled over for going too far under the speed limit. It's dangerous. If the speed limit is 70-80 mph, it's extremely dangerous.

Can someone show me a highway in California that has a speed limit of only 40 mph?

The point is to be L3 in slower traffic.

Which California highways have LOTS of.

Does Drive Pilot do lane changes? If it doesn't, how can that possibly be considered Level 3?

Because lane changes have nothing to do with SAE levels?

Just because you can look away while you stay in current lane but the moment you have to actually do something like a normal person on a highway (change lanes, avoid traffic, get to your exit, etc..) it's no longer Level 3?

L3 is literally "the car is the driver- legally - until it needs the human to take over." and "the human does not have to actively pay attention but has to be ready to take over in a short period of time if asked to"

So yes, it's 100% level 3.

If traffic clears up and suddenly you can go significantly faster the system alerts you that you need to switch to paying attention and then speeds up and becomes L2.

Anyway before the mods jump on this, further discussion really belongs here:

Except it'd literally be a crime, and I'd be civilly liable in case of an accident.

Neither of which would be true of Mercedes system.
Why? His method works fine. It looks like he's driving hands-free but his left knee is always in contact with the wheel. Different than a fake hand or weight, but it works.

Reactions: FSDtester#1