Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And today the wapo editorial board asks the US government to nationalize Starlink. Or at least have the US government build a competitor that equals it. I wonder how they would launch this competitor to space. 🤔

It's odd that they don't feel the same about Amazon's satellite plans. It's almost like the WaPo has a connection to Bezos or something... 🤔

Slate (also heavily connected to WaPo through staff etc.) pulled this crap a few years back going as far as to name SpaceX as "one of the most evil companies in the world" because sometimes satellites might bother amateur astronomers. And yes I'm still bitter.

So here's the latest EXCLUSIVE on M3 Highland, take it as you wish, Safari translates to English:

Most notably they are claiming stalkless...

2023-08-31 17:47

Exclusive|Tesla's new Model 3 will come tomorrow

Author|Li Wenbo

Article Summary:
  • Tesla will release the new Model 3 tomorrow, arousing the expectations of people around the world. This facelift condenses Tesla's innovations in the past 16 years, including innovations in appearance, interior, power and intelligence. The biggest expectation of users is that the price of the new Model 3 can be cheaper.
  • The new Model 3 adopts long and narrow matrix LED headlights and a sharp and capable front face design, highlighting its powerful performance.
  • In terms of interior design, the new Model 3 cancels the turn signal lever and gear lever, and the turn signal function and shift function are integrated on the steering wheel and the central control panel.
  • The power level of the new Model 3 has been improved, the battery capacity has been increased, and the cruising range has reached 610 kilometers. At the same time, cost-reduction and efficiency-enhancing measures such as integrated casting technology and shortened wiring harness length are adopted, which are expected to reduce the starting price.
...text continues in this translated link:

Cheers to the Highland-ers!

Last edited:

Author|Li Wenbo

Article Summary:
  • Tesla will release the new Model 3 tomorrow, arousing the expectations of people around the world. This facelift condenses Tesla's innovations in the past 16 years, including innovations in appearance, interior, power and intelligence. The biggest expectation of users is that the price of the new Model 3 can be cheaper.
  • The new Model 3 adopts long and narrow matrix LED headlights and a sharp and capable front face design, highlighting its powerful performance.
  • In terms of interior design, the new Model 3 cancels the turn signal lever and gear lever, and the turn signal function and shift function are integrated on the steering wheel and the central control panel.
  • The power level of the new Model 3 has been improved, the battery capacity has been increased, and the cruising range has reached 610 kilometers. At the same time, cost-reduction and efficiency-enhancing measures such as integrated casting technology and shortened wiring harness length are adopted, which are expected to reduce the starting price.

- New Magnesium battery that Jordan talked about leads to the ~10% range increase as predicted.
- Also, the price will be "cheap, cheap" and "...under 200K Yuan is possible".

1693490074381.png

Faster, Better, Cheaper!
And ready to go full volume any moment. Gonna be a crazy ramp for yet another record!!!

(Edit: Allegedly).

Last edited:

Author|Li Wenbo

Article Summary:

If anyone reads Chinese, could you tell who's their source (journalist, employees, analysts…)?

If the idea is that a Chinese-manufactured Model 3 Highland will be exported to North America, it will need to be cheaper to compete with the models manufactured domestically and that quality for the IRA incentives in the US.

That's a $7500 handicap right off the bat for any EV not manufactured domestically

I thought rumour had it they were gearing up Fremont to produce it as well.

So here's the latest EXCLUSIVE on M3 Highland, take it as you wish, Safari translates to English:

Most notably they are claiming stalkless...
Wow, there’s a whole bunch of “most notably” items in there. A new battery chemistry (The Limiting Factor just dropped a video about the chemistry). And it seems the new bumper camera is just there to eliminate all ultrasonic sensors, not for FSD. HW 3.5 still. Looks like Highland, while it has some improved features (they are obviously now ignoring market segmentation and including a lot of Model S features), is primarily about cost reduction.

So, either a price reduction or increased margins on deck…

And the Core PCE Price Index came in at consensus levels; 4.2% vs 4.1% last month.

The non-core PCE MoM came in at 0.2 or 1.2% annualized. So not bad.

Forgot to multiply by 2. So the corrected statement is:

The non-core PCE MoM came in at 0.2 or 2.4% annualized. So not bad.

How many of you caught that slip up?

I hope its not stalkless. Removing USS without equiv functionality was amazingly dumb. Removing stalks just makes the UX worse still. Elon really needs to get over his obsession with removing features with each update.
My 2022 model Y still cannot summon or autopark, and the teslavision parking display is a cheap joke. Even given that, I feel lucky I got one before elon took away stalks. Someone needs to have enough influence at Tesla to tell him when he is wrong.

Author|Li Wenbo

Article Summary:

*laughs manically*

Incoming stalkless hate AND more importantly let’s play a game of hangman:

H __ __ C __ B __ __ K - G __ T E

Edit: dang, got beat by the stalkless hate by 6 minutes.

Last edited:
I hope its not stalkless. Removing USS without equiv functionality was amazingly dumb. Removing stalks just makes the UX worse still. Elon really needs to get over his obsession with removing features with each update.
My 2022 model Y still cannot summon or autopark, and the teslavision parking display is a cheap joke. Even given that, I feel lucky I got one before elon took away stalks. Someone needs to have enough influence at Tesla to tell him when he is wrong.
They are addressing the one big blind spot of Vision by adding a front bumper camera. With that, they should be able to get rid of ultrasonics.

And stalkless isn’t horrible. I’m quite used to it by now.

The only problem with stalkless is that sometimes you think you’re in reverse when you aren’t. If you have a bad habit of stomping on the accelerator from a stop because you’re in a hurry and you don’t have fast reaction times, this can be bad. Of course, the answer is to become a better driver since you should never ever be in such a hurry when starting out.