Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what Schwab says TSLA is at now (with a note on the error, scattered all over my Position page).

View attachment 1061977
This was yesterday's high. (It did a number on my account total. Shocked, I thought it dropped AH like a rock).
Why did it roll back I wonder - are they busy looking for actual TSLA shares?
I’ve noticed that sometimes on market holidays my E*trade glitches in one way or another.

Sometimes fun glitches; like adding an extra 0 to the TSLA closing price (a glimpse of the future).

Ford will never make progress unless they free themselves from dealerships and unions. Thats two big fat partners who both hate EVs. The unions fear for job losses, and the dealerships fear for less maintenance to do.
Farley needs to take a page from Andy 'only the paranoid survive' Grove of intel fame. Ford is faxing a huge immediate existential threat, and unless they want to be sold for scrap value to BYD or Tesla one day, they need to start acting like it. GM and Toyota are beyond help. Only constant government bailouts will enable them to survive.
I understand the knock against Ford. But personally I think it's a bit unfair to knock Farley. He has done lots to show his support for EVs, including getting reasonable EV products to market in a reasonable timeframe (tho they struggle to produce them at a profit), creation of Ford Blue, sharing events with Elon, none of which Mary Barra can match. I think it even shows leadership to promise not to step foot in their EV skunkworks locale. He can say honestly "I promise my bureaucratic micro-management won't be a reason you fail: GO FOR IT, MAKE THE BEST EV YOU CAN." His 'Why I love EVs' video is just the latest example of him pushing against the grain.

In his case, he has lots of internal resistance - Board, Unions, Dealers, besides simple buyer fear-of-change and not drooling at their EVs. He has to tread carefully to keep his job - see what VW did with Diess.

Let's be honest: Farley doesn't have the role Elon enjoys at Tesla to basically control the agenda 100%, and fire anyone who gets in his way. I'm not saying Ford is out of the woods, but I think Farley is moving as fast as his Board and shareholders will tolerate. Kudos to him.

Last edited:
It's a day I know people won't be taking profits and I can be sure I won't lose any money so I can appreciate getting back some of the value I've lost in the past 2 years. Then a one day market on Friday when all the shorts will be in the Hamptons and not finding a way to screw us. Happy 4th of July everyone.
If the interns are left in charge, the rocket ship will continue!

I have to admit, I don't understand how Tesla is able to kill it in the energy storage. I'm happy they do, I just don't understand why.
First principles engineering focus. I'm still perplexed how other products are lagging like solar tiles and insurance. I get the complexities and priorities of supply chain for Semi and batteries however.