Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's still banned from doing "comparison videos". Though he did sneak in a couple quick comments that were effectively "comparisons" in there ;)

"Its the thirstiest EV I ever tried. " I guess he just invented a new word to describe the e-tron. Unfortunately its confirms what I did anticipate.

1. efficiency is bad
2. high regen rate is not usable unless you step on breaks

I am concerned that the e-tron may be more a status symbol for some people versus a good BEV that you can use like an ICE for almost all situations in life.

He was driving 110 to 120 km/h which is here in Germany really slow on an Autobahn unless you have a speed limit still high consumption.

Look at the video below what the 3 makes with 120 km/h on an autobahn. Its in German but the chart at minute: 3:20 translates in all languages.

...and apparently friends don't let friends Brexit. lol!

(I don't even know what Brexit is [ignorant Yank here] so there's that.)

Dan

Cliff's Notes:

Cameron: "We shouldn't exit the EU, but UKIP is leaching votes from us. I've got an idea: let's promise a referendum on the UK leaving, because there's no way that'll pass."
Farage: "I dare you! Come on, the UK leaving the EU will be easy. This is going to go so great! We'll end up with a million billion pounds and a pony!"
May: "No, that'd be a dumb idea."
Voters: "Hold my beer." (52% leave / 48% remain; sound of snickering with a Russian accent in the background)
Farage: "Great, my work here is done, let me exit stage left."
Cameron: "Hold the door."
May: "Don't worry, I'll shepherd us through this dumb idea." (to EU) "We want a million billion pounds and a pony."
EU: "You get a rock."
Parliament: "A rock isn't good enough. We need better."
May: "Here's your rock back. We need at least the pony."
May: (to Parliament) "Look, all I got was this rock...."
Parliament: "We want better than the rock!"
Some MPs: "Can we, like, have another vote on this whole 'leaving' thing? It's been 2 1/2 years and things have changed..."
May: "No, that'd be undemocratic. Now please vote for a third time on my rock."

"Its the thirstiest EV I ever tried. " I guess he just invented a new word to describe the e-tron. Unfortunately its confirms what I did anticipate.

1. efficiency is bad
2. high regen rate is not usable unless you step on breaks

I am concerned that the e-tron may be more a status symbol for some people versus a good BEV that you can use like an ICE for almost all situations in life.

He was driving 110 to 120 km/h which is here in Germany really slow on an Autobahn unless you have a speed limit still high consumption.

Look at the video below what the 3 makes with 120 km/h on an autobahn. Its in German but the chart at minute: 3:20 translates in all languages.

We need new lexicon synonymous with a GAS GUZZLER , like POWER HOG ;)

If I may speculate slightly wildly on the Saudi Arabia collar hedge:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Saudi PIF’s original purchase of shares included leverage - most likely a “single stock margined equity loan”, which have become more common in recent years for largish block stakes than you might assume.

Such loans tend to have a step out option every 6-months for the lender. The share purchase was announced on 7th August, a little less than 6-months ago. So the timing fits perfectly...
So in summary, this news might say more about Saudi Arabia’s credit quality than it does Tesla’s.

The revelation was in early August, but that acquisition of just under 5% of the shares outstanding likely occurred over several weeks in April and May 2018.
(MBS was in SV in early April. Elon apparently demurred when MBS's people approached with an inquiry about a possible private placement for position of that size. Elon made two open market purchases totaling over 100,000 shares in early May and mid-June.)

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
#NoDemand
No demand.png

Not Elon Musk on Twitter

Cliff's Notes:

Cameron: "We shouldn't exit the EU, but UKIP is leaching votes from us. I've got an idea: let's promise a referendum on the UK leaving, because there's no way that'll pass."
Farage: "I dare you! Come on, the UK leaving the EU will be easy. This is going to go so great! We'll end up with a million billion pounds and a pony!"
May: "No, that'd be a dumb idea."
Voters: "Hold my beer." (52% leave / 48% remain; sound of snickering with a Russian accent in the background)
Farage: "Great, my work here is done, let me exit stage left."
Cameron: "Hold the door."
May: "Don't worry, I'll shepherd us through this dumb idea." (to EU) "We want a million billion pounds and a pony."
Parliament: "A rock isn't good enough. We need better."
May: "Here's your rock back. We need at least the pony."
May: (to Parliament) "Look, all I got was this rock...."
Parliament: "We want better than the rock!"
Some MPs: "Can we, like, have another vote on this whole 'leaving' thing? It's been 2 1/2 years and things have changed..."
May: "No, that'd be undemocratic. Now please vote for a third time on my rock."
You really missed your calling. You should have been a writer for sitcoms on television. lol!

Dan

Last edited:
Just a quick note to say that Europe's first Model 3 shipment is now within land-based AIS coverage near the Azores,
GLOVIS CAPTAIN Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9707015) - VesselFinder

The (likely) ship for the most recent Model 3 shipment, is still moored at Pier 80 in San Francisco:
CSCC EUROPE Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9391593) - VesselFinder

PS. @KarenRei are you also going to beat me when we get our Model 3's ? :)

Ah, that's why it was still showing in the Caribbean...

And 300 in pre-market... Much good Macro in the last 12 hours, won't do any harm.

Why would it make it any easier? They still would have to redesign the whole battery pack. Exactly the same amount of work.
Why do you think they have not already designed the new packs? I contend they did the design work before they committed to the 2170 as a precondition for approving the new form factor.