Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
But seriously - does anybody have any justification (other than MMs/shorting) why TSLA is down today instead of up? Not that I mind since my time horizon is years/decades, not days, but I just find it an interesting conundrum.

China trade agreement uncertainty and options market makers reducing their delta hedging inventory as the Friday expiry of a lot of options gets closer and closer.

For what it's worth, for people complaining about TSLA being down 1,1% (after rising yesterday):

GM ended down 3,6%
F ended down 2,5%
FCAU ended down 1,0%
Yeah but they're all going bankwupt. Tesla is building new factories. They are shedding factories. Investors are idiots.

• Helpful
Reactions: Skryll
So I wonder if they can just use GF3 as a blueprint - or better yet the actual blueprints - and just say: build a carbon copy please.

I would say probably "no", as they would need to build according to German building code, confirm to EU laws etc. Designing a factory up to those specs in itself could take a year or more - just judging from big public building projects - so hopefully they have been already working on this for some time, and have contracted some big European engineering firm like a year ago to design the building. Then there need to be environmental impact studies, etc. a whole bunch of things. If this is not all ready to go, ready to be submitted to the government agencies like tomorrow, I don't know how they expect to start construction before 2021.
Do we know that the GF3 wasn't already designed and built to EU specs?

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
But seriously - does anybody have any justification (other than MMs/shorting) why TSLA is down today instead of up? Not that I mind since my time horizon is years/decades, not days, but I just find it an interesting conundrum.

Stock needs to take a breather. Hopefully its just a day or two.
It is surprising that the factory announcement happened at the same time. But everybody knew it was coming before the end of the year.
Some investors might think Tesla is moving too quickly, IE China is just starting up.

Do we know that the GF3 wasn't already designed and built to EU specs?

I'm pretty sure that Tesla Grohmann Automation Gmbh, located in Prüm, Germany, with decades of experience in building production lines for the biggest German car factories, took that into account when designing the GF3 robot lines. The GF3 stamp lines (Schuler AG) and the paint shop are German made as well, I believe.

Last edited:
Elon Musk says Brexit made him decide against Tesla electric car Gigafactory in UK
Wow, Musk says that Brexit uncertainty cost the UK the Gigafactory and R&D center.

I think it’s more that it cost the UK their chance at the GF, ie, being among the group deeply looked at. To say it cost the UK the GF implies that it was going to be in the UK, ~”but, oh well, Brexit, we’ll find another option.”

As to the R&D center, if it’s what Elon had talked about putting in the UK in the past, then, yeah... may well have been a deal breaker.

I just tried out the new one pedal driving. I have to say, it was incredibly nice. It made me reflect on an earlier review where either the Bolt, or the Nissan Leaf, was rated superior in this aspect.

It really goes to show how Tesla’s over the air updates are such a game changer. All of these historical reviews are now absolutely obsolete. This is unprecedented in automotive history! Automobile functionality is supposed to be fixed. If you want to buy a 2017 vehicle, you should be able to go back and read reviews about that model year and get a very accurate picture of the functionality. No more!

Any automobile review that does not either give a major PRO to Tesla in the pros list, or a major CON to every other automobile in every single comparison, for not having this functionality, is disingenuous!

A partial list of features added since I bought my 2018 Model 3 would be 10-20 SIGNIFICANT items long.

Sorry for all the exclamation points and CAPS, but I feel strongly about this.

Same here, tried it yesterday on my wife’s 2019 Model 3 and loved it. Not available for My Model S yet, might arrive there because mine is 2018 pre-Raven.

Stock needs to take a breather. Hopefully its just a day or two.
It is surprising that the factory announcement happened at the same time. But everybody knew it was coming before the end of the year.
Some investors might think Tesla is moving too quickly, IE China is just starting up.

Stock has been resting for 5 years. It's time to take it to the next level. 1000 solar roofs a week confirmed will bring this stock to the next stage finally pricing in energy.