Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"We could have literally paid a drunk monkey to throw darts at the S&P and your return would have been far greater."

Q: What's the best thing about having a drunk monkey manage your investments instead of using Mark Speigel?

A: When a drunk monkey makes a bad stock pick, they move on to another pick instead of doubling down and insisting they were right but that everyone else is simply too stupid to realize it.

Last edited:
A few years ago in Seeking Alpha I asked him why he had been commenting negatively there about Tesla ever since the day in 2010 of its $17 IPO. Writing with rather foul language he denied that he had been doing so for that long, until I presented proof from the SA archives. He accepted the proof and said he had forgotten about that. He then said that he had not actually started shorting Tesla until it was at $90.

Spiegel lies. In early 2013 when the stock was bellow $30, TSLA was the most shorted stock in percentage. If he thought $17 was over valued, there is no way he can sit there for several years without shorting, but wait until it hits $90.

Damn, is it the night before Christmas or something? Well, actually, I did see a couple of creatures stirring. I mean, how did they build this factory so fast, yet, someone is able to take drone footage in broad daylight with absolutely NO WORK happening?

Don't be fooled by that scammer Elon Musk. It's just a painted cardboard mock-up of a factory to fool dumb investors. We are smarter than to fall for cheap tricks like that. ;)

Check out Autoline Network gushing about Tesla!!! Complete with OMG quotes:

"Tesla has done an extraordinary job of elbowing its way into the luxury segment. At first the German luxury brands sneered at the silicon valley upstart. Now they're kicking their wounds!"

"As the Model 3 becomes more popular, sales of BMW 3 series, Mercedes C Class and Audi A3 have plummeted! And last quarter alone, BMW 3 series sales dropped 64%"

"And what's really gotta worry the German brands is that the Model 3 sells at a higher price than their cars do."

...and re: Giga 4

"The German brands have gotta be concerned that German consumers will be proud to drive around in German-made Teslas."
The Germans will want this faster than the Chinese. There may be very little red tape.

A few years ago in Seeking Alpha I asked him why he had been commenting negatively there about Tesla ever since the day in 2010 of its $17 IPO. Writing with rather foul language he denied that he had been doing so for that long, until I presented proof from the SA archives. He accepted the proof and said he had forgotten about that. He then said that he had not actually started shorting Tesla until it was at $90.
Ah a negative four-bagger! That takes talent.

There is no reason that it shouldn't triple in value in the next year. If Tesla hits $1000 a share the market cap would still be a little over 150 Billion. That's not that high for a company that has as much potential as Tesla. What kind of car do you think Greta Thunberg will buy? With spokespeople like that young super environmentalist the sky is the limit.
None.

Unsurprisingly, commitment to accelerated bureaucracy was one of Elon's key criteria when choosing the GF4 location. He has demanded GF4 is built as quickly as GF3 in China. I guess he is aiming for Q1 2021 production. But i expect this will still be harder to deliver on than in China.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Told you so. (Not you personally, the other guy/s going on about how this was going to be a slow build - no, it ain’t. Nor will the union be a problem. The times, they are a changin’.)

I'm not a construction engineer but @5:40 you will notice rectangular openings in the concrete. These are reminiscent of openings in which roof supports beams are installed. All in all, based on recently released photos of the finished floor plans, I think this will be for the remaining 1/2 of the completed plant
<look for the -4- angled plant corners>

I hate to burst your bubble, but these rectangular openings are for catch basins, which are designed to collect rainwater from the parking lot. There are even a few circular manholes that would provide access to the storm mains for maintenance/cleaning. You may notice the slight slope in the concrete pads that angle the water towards these low points.

Source: I am a Construction Engineer

Eh. I doubt Elon was ever seriously considering the UK anyways. Being in the heart of Europe vs an island. World class engineers, close to world class designers, cheaper labor, existing German executives at Grohmann. Germany had a lot of advantages.

Germany is the heart of the European car industry. Bmw, Mercedes, Volkswagen are possible customers for Tesla batteries. I see one or more of these going bankrupt and being used to make Teslas in the future. They just aren't moving fast enough to overcome the Tesla onslaught.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
I hate to burst your bubble, but these rectangular openings are for catch basins, which are designed to collect rainwater from the parking lot. There are even a few circular manholes that would provide access to the storm mains for maintenance/cleaning. You may notice the slight slope in the concrete pads that angle the water towards these low points.

Source: I am a Construction Engineer
Thanks, my skills lean more toward making the machine, than the machine that makes the machine
Either way, it will be interesting to watch the remaining build out consume this area

Reactions: immunogold
Is there any site/twitter watching the gates of G2 for truckloads of glass solar tiles leaving like the ship trackers for cars?
Yeah - which one of you stalkers lives near GF2? Just park across the street in a white panel van with your surveillance equipment and try to look inconspicuous. We’ll want hourly updates, please.

I have worked along side of many nationalities in my 43 years and I will say, the german service teams were very determined and methodical.
If you ask them to divert from the plan, forget it. They must prove it to themselves that their plan wan't sound. Then and with great reluctance will they listen
My other half is German. You are describing every holiday we've takeno_O

Yeah - which one of you stalkers lives near GF2? Just park across the street in a white panel van with your surveillance equipment and try to look inconspicuous. We’ll want hourly updates, please.
Yeah, it sounds ridiculous in the absence of posts like this.
Pier 80 SFO. I'm including a pic from today to show the higher than expected inventory level, 85% observed. Also high level of X model in view. Deliveries continue
#friendsdontletfriendsbuyICE on Twitter