Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps black iron oxide like they do with guns? There's plenty of matte black stainless used in architecture and outside art. I believe it is more resistant to corrosion than plain stainless.

Cybertruck Glock edition? :D
Perhaps "blueing" like is/was used on gun barrels as mentioned above. Once built a black powder gun from a kit and applied the blueing which seemed to adhere much better to the steel than paint would as it was microscopically thin. Could probably scratch it but no flaking or chipping.
They also use an anodized method on metal roofs which again, has negligible thickness. Probably difficult to touch up though.

• Informative
Reactions: capster
So after a night i try to catch up on the thread. I didn‘t find the plot of land yet, but decided that Cybertruck will replace the Volvo XC90 I use for towing
Brilliant isn‘t it ? Now I have two years to figure out how to enlarge the garage and convince my better half of the aquisition...
83C44AF7-14C0-4F08-BE4B-68BF58313425.png

Hello all,
After being shocked and bewildered by the Cybertruck event, I'm following the crowd in slowly 'coming around' - beginning to love it!

I now realize that the whole broken window thing was the huge joke (not the design) and must have left Frans and Elon wetting themselves backstage afterwards....... then post the Twitter blog showing the window coping just fine!

It was planned and deliberate to generate front page MSM coverage worth how much? And at no real long term cost to Tesla.

Just brilliant!

And funny....
A supremely ridiculous premise already proven to be false.

So after a night i try to catch up on the thread. I didn‘t find the plot of land yet, but decided that Cybertruck will replace the Volvo XC90 I use for towing
Brilliant isn‘t it ? Now I have two years to figure out how to enlarge the garage and convince my better half of the aquisition...
View attachment 480399
Garage enlargement comes standard with every Cybertruck. Just get it in there the first time (the hard part), don’t be afraid to scratches (to the truck that is). :D

This vehicle is a form of unibody which also has to be weak to some forces while strong enough to support the vehicle.

Yeah, I am wondering about the crumple zones in an exoskeleton design. I wonder if they are scoring a bend point on the underside of the SS panels? It seems they have advanced a bending method for the exoskeleton production in the first place and it could be they are able to use this method to work out a crush/crumple/"new term" design that results in energy absorption in event of a collision.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog