Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Reddit:

EKCSDQGU0AI-0Ur

what would they have received if they made it a bit more conservative? not the same as everyone else, just not as edgy...like 500k resv??

hahah i can’t wait to hear the rebuttals from naysayers on this 150k- they’re toast!!!

“but, but, it’s ugly!”
That's tough to say but I would imagine that if it looked more conventional, it would have cost more. Taking the aesthetic argument off the table, it's one heck of a value. I initially thought that if all you had to go on was the specs, no photos, the reservations would be epic. After two days of reading about all the non-truck personalities that have ponied up for it, I'm not so sure anymore.
I placed an order primarily due to it's practicality.

I have to ask my wife what punk means. For our 16th wedding anniversary last week I got a top line Roomba for her. Currently she's getting a college degree at the tender age of 43 and doesn't clean as much as she would like because of homework. I like that because I don't like the noise and she's a cleaning monster anyway. (Just like my Mom was.)

But the Roomba does a great job. She's now cleaning the place for the third time in two days and I had to retreat upstairs. (The noise is less, but she just is fascinated by this beast and is training it like a child.)

Speaking of unintended consequences, the whole of this worldline is punk. What about distant civilizations without a punk history? Must be like watching that beautiful meteor before it hit, if you can get into the mindset of a dinosaur. She who cannot be denied likes to hug me from behind as a sleep aid. She's warm and I like it too. She once said, "I'm like a hen cuddling an egg. No, ... a dinosaur egg."

I suffer such elder abuse.

I know, OT, but I think we all are euphoric here. In any case, enjoy this high over the weekend. But next week we may see an ATH. Then what?

That's tough to say but I would imagine that if it looked more conventional, it would have cost more. Taking the aesthetic argument off the table, it's one heck of a value. I initially thought that if all you had to go on was the specs, no photos, the reservations would be epic. After two days of reading about all the non-truck personalities that have ponied up for it, I'm not so sure anymore.
I placed an order primarily due to it's practicality.

as did i, just now

thursday i saw the 500 miles and was like, man i want that.
anyway, i slept on it.

in 2-3 years time, it will only get cooler.

reservation confirmed
funding secured

The cost to bulletproof a car depends on several variables, such as the type of vehicle and the level of protection that you desire. The general cost can range from $40,000 upwards of $100,000 - that's the cost of the upgrade. Tesla has it included, kind of.

Cybertruck should be easy to up armor because of the flat panels.

100% chance Dan Bilzerian makes one and drives around girls in bikinis with it in the next few years.

Cybertruck is a mind virus...

Forevermore, when I read Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash, I will be imagining Cybertruck.

The Deliverator is a Type A driver with rabies. He is zeroing in on his home base, CosaNostra Pizza #3569, cranking up the left lane of CSV-5 at a hundred and twenty kilometers. His car is an invisible black lozenge, just a dark place that reflects the blinking of franchise signs -- the loglo. A row of orange lights burbles and churns across the front, where the grille would be if this
were an air-breathing car. The orange light looks like a gasoline fire. It comes in through people's rear windows, bounces off their rearview mirrors, projects a fiery mask across their eyes, reaches into their subconscious , and unearths terrible fears of being pinned, fully conscious, under a detonating gas tank, makes them want to pull over and let the Deliverator overtake them in his
black chariot of pepperoni fire.

I give it a 50% chance Telsa will bring the Cybertruck design language to smaller cars. Plus the cost savings! $25,000 Cybercar?

I thought about that, but I wonder if it would have enough headroom if you shrink it down. I guess they might be able to add a flat roof, but some have said the triangle gives it the strength.

Edit: I guess if they didn’t mind the bad aero, they could reduce the rear taper. Maybe even use that for the $25k hatchback design.

Have to say, the cybertruck appeals to the star wars sci fi millennials so hard. A wrap can make it into a batmobile or a Halo Warthog. I mean you get to buy your personal AP efing C! I would totally get one if i had zero composure. But I have a family and no need for a third car..but God damn it....

How about this as a rationalization? You are locking in the $7000 FSD price. If they do succeed with FSD in the next few years, the price can dramatically increase. It’s like a $100 call option for the possibility that the vehicle will be worth more with full self driving :)

Last edited: