Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the wider Tesla community including many owners and some investors most don't expect working Robo-taxi's anytime soon if at all..

There is plenty of "healthy scepticism", in fact most go out of their to express doubts, based on the current failings of AP...

I expect working Robo-taxis in 5 years, and I'm at the optimistic end of the scale,.....

My impression is Tesla owners and investors have limited knowledge of this topic, the general public including most share analysts are even more clueless.

Only a handful of people including Elon and Karpathy have any real idea of where progress is currently at...and how long it may take.. everyone else, including me, is guessing to some extent...

Something this uncertain with so many doubts expressed frequently by so many, isn't priced in.
Would love it if Robo comes in earlier than 5 years. But my investment thesis is just based on the cars + energy. Robo is just icing on the cake.

Confirmed private as it's blocked when not logging into an account.

I follow SoylentBrown. I started following him, liked a few Tweets, then he decided to make his Twitter account private. Presumably he was getting harassed, perhaps by the TSLAQ crowd.

I am grandfathered in.

Soylent seems to know his engineering and physics pretty well (My degree is in mechanical engineering so can see thru any BS he might post). He seems pretty legit, but seems to also respect NDAs quite strictly (good) so it’s really hard to know what’s real and what’s not.

Having said that, he seems pro-EV, seems to respect Tesla, and hasn’t said anything that I’ve noticed that has turned out to be false.

China expected delivery date for Model 3s LR AWD and P has also now switched to Q1 in the configurator.
Hopefully this means Tesla have sold all China inventory before the tariff step up on December 15th.

New Zealand is now the only country outside NA where I can see any December delivery dates for any Model 3 model.

China was the biggest uncertainty on clearing Model 3 inventory this quarter. I think it is looking like we have a good chance of a very significant reduction in Model 3 inventory in Q4. Tesla finished Q3 at 15k Model 3s and 7.5k Model S&X in inventory.

If Tesla completely clears all international Model 3 inventory and focuses the final week of the quarter on California production (relative to Q3 where they likely started International production around 5 days before the end of Q), I don't think its impossible to see Model 3 deliveries 10k ahead of production in Q4.
Last ship to China due this week on the 11th. That will leave only one ship to Europe coming in next week on the 19th. With the upgraded delivery site in Zeebrudge they should deliver most everything shipped to Europe this quarter.
Wonder if they are stockpiling some China LR and Premium for delivery before the 15th that won’t be sold this year? with overall shipments appearing higher 83,110/s and some Shanghai deliveries some headgear against tariffs seems shrewd.

I believe he reviews each request to follow individually. May think you're a bot account. One of the best accounts on Twitter if you're an ev nerd imo.
I believe he was just in Alaska. Tesla has a cold weather test facility there. If what he says is true electric propulsion jet planes are viable in a couple of years.

Rogan discusses Cybertruck

Anyone else feel Matt Farah is short Tesla? Haha he seems to have the Elon Musk Fraud conspiracy down,
I listened half way through the full version of the podcast, when it gets to the part Matt talks about Tycan it all makes sense.

He is not even trying to hide the biases. Joe did a good job pulling him back to reality without breaking the conversation.

This guy even talked about last time he mentioned some random watch and later got hand written thank you mail from the CEO...

Last edited:
w

Well the roadster isn’t due until 2020 at least. I wonder if Matt Farrah will go on air and eat crow when proven wrong. Did he say the same BS about the Model 3?

Where is his rant about the Taycan and electric F150? This guy is something else.
The trolls never recount their failed delusions. They just move on to new insane lines of attack.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Nobel lecture by Akira Yoshino: Brief History and Future of Lithium-ion Batteries

I'm afraid it's a difficult listen, but there are some worthwhile bits.

Yoshino notes that lithium-ion production capacity aimed at EVs (xEV) matched the capacity for mobile and IT purposes in 2017. He projects that 15% of the passenger vehicle market will be xEV by 2025.

RvNE8TH.png

He believes that increased battery capacity, in combination with AI for FSD (AIEVs), will disrupt transportation ca. 2030. He touches on V2G and batteries designed for 600,000-km lifespan.

So... nothing new, right? But it's an inspiring message from someone who's not only a Nobel prizewinner in chemistry, but also Japanese. Maybe this will help convince Toyota to embrace EVs. That could be a big step forward.

Last edited:
Oh great: I'm going to be reading a lot about Bridgeport New Orleans in the next few years, and it's going to confuse the hell out of me.

Acronyms Seriously Suck - Elon Musk

I agree with Elon, and I wish folks here would quit using made-up acronyms and abbreviations (CT, bty, etc.). This wonderful forum ain't Twitter where your characters are limited and your hipness must be constantly demonstrated with the latest insider jargon. Does it really take materially longer to type truck or battery?

Too bad Elon doesn't own the forum so he could threaten to "take drastic action" against obscure communication. My powerless plea will have to do. :)

By blocking Lora, Ryan, and Dana - Tesla is basically putting them in same category as a tslaq influencer. The more tslaq and these blocked media types complain - the bigger the spotlight on their reporting. Brilliant move. Also a quiet confidence that Tesla is firing on all cylinders. At some - point - the short mafia has to contend that Tesla is growing every time someone buys one of their products. We are growing out of niche status.

I think Tesla could do better by engaging with the press. There's plenty of good things to highlight to shape their narrative. They should respond to articles that present untruth's with official statements containing verifiable facts. Ignoring them isn’t useful.

My take as well. He seems to have a lot of insight, but I've also become more dubious of his story over time. Who knows.
claims that he's been in GF3, has a guy who looked under the plaid prototype at the nurburgring, etc. It's easy to make those claims when your audience has zero ability to verify them. Making your account private gets rid of even more scrutiny. Just some red flags for me to be cautious. buyer beware when it comes to completely anonymous unverifiable information.

claims that he's been in GF3, has a guy who looked under the plaid prototype at the nurburgring, etc. It's easy to make those claims when your audience has zero ability to verify them. Making your account private gets rid of even more scrutiny. Just some red flags for me to be cautious. buyer beware when it comes to completely anonymous unverifiable information.
Track record tends to be a good way to evaluate over the long term. Sounds like this could be the new elons velvet jacket

Reactions: AZRI11
By blocking Lora, Ryan, and Dana - Tesla is basically putting them in same category as a tslaq influencer. The more tslaq and these blocked media types complain - the bigger the spotlight on their reporting. Brilliant move. Also a quiet confidence that Tesla is firing on all cylinders.

I agree. The press that deserves engagement, get's engagement (from Tesla). The press that is obviously just out to tarnish Tesla, gets ignored. There is no point in engaging with people who try to make everything reflect poorly. Just marginalize them. The performance of TSLA stock over the next couple of months is going to make them look even more foolish.

Chanos reads his tweets and takes him seriously.

Reactions: SpaceCash