Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I heard that he had done this interview, my reaction was, "That's wonderful!" - not for the people who got the interview, or for people getting to listen to it, but for Elon. I think it's good and healthy for him to hang out with people who are supportive of his mission.
Absolutely, and if your motives and intentions are constantly being questioned, and lies and misrepresentations are constantly in the media and put in front of the general public, you need a venue where you can tell your side from a first person perspective. I think one of the most ingratiating things about this first half of the interview is the interaction with his mom and brother. It's just so...normal. Really great to see. Hope there is more in the second half.

Dan

Malice or incompetence? You make the call:

Headlines:
SmartSelect_20200121-075708_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

Linked story:
Screenshot_20200121-075833_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

(Also, Nio is down this morning)

How do you guys think I should play all this sars information with regard to my Tesla investments?
People will fear to take public transport, China demand will go through roof, it happened during SARS.

This time EV will be in advantage, since in most big cities EV don’t need to wait for license plates quota.

Not advice.

Read Karens excellent recap and listened about halfway through the podcast.

Must say how much more comfortable Elon seems compared to when he's doing a presentation. Not only much less stuttering but his whole persona seems so much more relaxed. Even having read the recap I feel it's a good idea to actually listen to the whole thing.

Also, not only does the six podcasters manage to shut up and not talk over themselves and Elon which was a main concern for me but also seems to have prepared as to who asks what and when. Well done.

So, not much news so far but still important to get much of this in Elons own words.

Haven't got this far yet but from the recap

There's one joint employee between Tesla and SpaceX... apart from Elon. ;) A materials engineer. Which is how Tesla ended up using, say, inconel fuses based on SpaceX's experience.

This must be the ultimate to put on your resumé.
True....but were are you going to go?

I know Karen already posted, but this part of the interview really stood out to me. Elon says dry electrode technology “ is a much bigger deal than it may seem” at 30:50. Can’t wait for battery investor day.

Seems like it won't be until March at the earliest unfortunately. I think he said "in a few months hopefully".