Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - all big oil has to do is fund some mis/disinformation. We are talking 100k instead of 100M.

They have done this very successfully around climate change. They have industry groups that fund dark money fronts that fund "research" and lobby groups. Its impossible to trace the money since they criss-cross the world jumping national boundaries. Disinformation about EVs and Tesla would be just a part of that.

This, BTW, is huge. The amount of money required to misinform and lie, with huge impact, is remarkably small.

I cannot tell you how often I hear of the latest Climate Change and/or EV myth/lie from otherwise intelligent people, all delivered by Fox OPINION hosts and Op-Ed/Commentaries . . . and these same people don't appear to understand why or how they carry such absurd thoughts in their heads. At all.

This is profoundly discouraging.

(And I'm not even going to get into the "Chinese Hoax" and many, many other statements by the public housing resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.)

To paraphrase Churchill:

Never in human history have so many been so easily fooled, by so few, with so very little.

Details on how The Evils are playing the planet-risking game below.
(WARNING: If you have a pulse, these links will likely make your blood boil.)

Climate of Doubt

More recent. At least watch the trailer if you can't watch the entire documentary:

Sony Pictures Classics presents 'Merchants of Doubt'

And:

Climate Disinformation

Our only hope, not just for "TSLA" but for our planet's future, is that Tesla succeeds beyond our wildest imagination, leading the way to a sustainable future.

CDC: Risk to American public is low.
NIH: There are a lot of unknowns with coronavirus.
CDC: 6 cases confirmed in the US.
Azar: Declairing a public national health emergency.
Azar says US citizens returning from the region will be subject to quarantine.
He is also temporarily suspending the entry into the United States of foreign nationals who pose a risk for the transmission of the virus.

DHS restricting flights to the United States from China to 7 US cities in order to concentrate expertise of US health officials.

This becomes effective at 5 pm Sunday.

Well, that didn't seem to last. In the meantime, it looks like some manipulator is trying to force TSLA above $650.

It's more like call holders fighting call sellers in the last few minutes. I'm glad call holders won in the end. In general, those who support Tesla tend to buy calls, those who short Tesla tend to sell calls. We need more cases like this so Call sellers gradually lose their shirts. I hope they realize selling naked weekly calls and getting free premium is no longer risk free.

Interesting Taycan review by Seth Weintraub of Electrek.

But the really, really interesting part is a BOMBSHELL he casually drops in the comment section!

Disqus Profile - llsethj

”Motor Trend is putting Elon’s Plaid Model S against a Taycan next week”:)

Review:

First Drive: Taycan is the best Porsche ever and yet just the beginning - Electrek
That's better than the "review"

This is also a no joke 4 seater fit for 4 adults in comfort on a daily basis or on a long drive.
The accompanying picture does not look like it meets any normal definition of "comfort". Rather it looks like, "you can just barely cram an adult in there."

edit: he also says no range anxiety, but with a 192 mile nominal range they stopped twice for a 150 mile trip? The way it is written it sounds like one-way, but even if that was just half the distance they stopped twice to charge. He says the first stop was for him -- but they charged it >60kWh and still had to stop a second time to charge again. Since he is really fuzzy on the details you can't be sure, but if it had actually been no problem with the range I think he would've been a little clearer about it.

Last edited:
Interesting Taycan review by Seth Weintraub of Electrek.

But the really, really interesting part is a BOMBSHELL he casually drops in the comment section!

Disqus Profile - llsethj

”Motor Trend is putting Elon’s Plaid Model S against a Taycan next week”:)

Review:

First Drive: Taycan is the best Porsche ever and yet just the beginning - Electrek
Wow! Next week!!!! How has that been kept so quiet? Jay in the CT and now MT will get to see the alien tech in the flesh. Slow the F down! I am trying to get more $$ before battery day and a surprise FSD feature complete drop.

Last edited:
Got to say I am really impressed about TSLA performance today - with indices down 2%, on a usual day stock would have been down 4%, and yet we are up 1%. This is like 5% up on flat macro. And this doesn´t even take into account option expiry today and the fact that stock jumped 10% just yesterday. Seems like the bears have lost all their courage (at least for now).

Touchdown!

Huge forces battling, I don't see the top yet.

Of course, I must eat crow because I did say it would drop back to 450 before heading to 650 later in the year. But given that I'm following TSLA closely and I was surprised, this has to shock the hell out of naysayers, like my neighbors (what am I still doing in Az?). They must think it's a freak bubble. The market, maybe. Tesla, nope. Just catching up really.

That's better than the "review"

The accompanying picture does not look like it meets any normal definition of "comfort". Rather it looks like, "you can just barely cram an adult in there."
There are so many buttons on the center console.....Ewwww. Looks cluttered.

Porsche-Taycan-interior.jpg