Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you getting that from? I have never heard a guy say he preferred a minivan because of practicality. The mini-van is completely associated with soccer moms.

There have been many surveys over the years about car purchase decisions. They all say the same thing.

I am a car guy. I read read Car & Driver,Road & Track,MotorTrend, Automobile Magazine, and Automotive News. Much less intensively recently since I became a Tesla guy. But still do.

@thait84

$600 isn't "deep" ITM. But in general, I roll them before they ever get deep ITM. They'll become rather illiquid if you let them get really deep ITM, to the point where it often becomes just better to exercise them early rather than try to find a buyer.
Hmmm
I have some March 410s and September $425s which are definitely deep ITMs. Got them back in October/November last year. I was planning to hold closer to expiration. Is it better to sell now and roll over to something else? Or maybe just buy stock and hold. Call options have become so incredibly expensive. I feel like buying stock is better- at least it doesn’t expire.
Tax is not a concern, it is an IRA account.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
The plot thickens, closest it's been to $650 all day.

Hmmm
I have some March 410s and September $425s which are definitely deep ITMs. Got them back in October/November last year. I was planning to hold closer to expiration. Is it better to sell now and roll over to something else? Or maybe just buy stock and hold. Call options have become so incredibly expensive. I feel like buying stock is better- at least it doesn’t expire.
Tax is not a concern, it is an IRA account.
I feel the same way. I think we got spoiled on cheap and profitable options.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
giphy tweety.gif
:)

Did I see 653? I did. I did.

Last edited:
Regarding Andrea James, I still remember this video from shortly after I invested in the company. People were losing their minds that Tesla had hit the whopping market cap of *checks notes* $13B.

Solid reminder that bears will be bears, and that they will continue rotating through bear theses until the cows come home.

that guy was a real ****. Not only did he talk over her to drown her out, but when the woman asked Andrea a question he tried to "answer" it for her. He had no thesis, just arrogant, mocking disdain. OTOH, apparently he wasn't stupid enough to keep shorting Tesla into that rise. Which I find a shame. On the plus side, Andrea did not appear discomfited whatsoever by his belligerent stupidity.