Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the West Coast, and since I was up late just woke up. I know the mods are going to take the ruler to my fuzzy little knuckles for not reading before I post, but:

WTF JUST HAPPENED?

---

Mods are in a forgiving mood today. Must be the weather. Or something.

RSF
Exactly how I feel too in CA. Woke up late - and now just obsessively switching between checking the stock price and checking this forum

Its nice to see the truth surfacing.. I remember during the doldrums of the TSLA downfall during Model 3 ramp - there were several journalists and Wall Street analysts who were out there to just flat out killl Tesla. We all know it - we all felt it - and now that the stock is reflecting reality - we all feel glad we didn't get shaken from the tree sorta speak.. Don't get me wrong - Tesla had some critical issues and there was some reasonableness to some of the reporting but there is no doubt in my mind that there was pure evil at work here.

I'm going to dedicate some of my gains in Tesla to seek out and find the truth here -- faith loves irony.. Faith will come one day to those who played a nefarious role in trying to destroy Tesla.

Global%20Plug-In%20Electric%20Car%20Sales%20%E2%80%93%20December%202019%20manuf.png

In 2019 Tesla had

17% PEV Global Market Share
22.5% BEV Global Market Share

It would be nice to see these figures in $value... I'd bet Tesla's lead would be even larger.

Its nice to see the truth surfacing.. I remember during the doldrums of the TSLA downfall during Model 3 ramp - there were several journalists and Wall Street analysts who were out there to just flat out killl Tesla. We all know it - we all felt it - and now that the stock is reflecting reality - we all feel glad we didn't get shaken from the tree sorta speak.. Don't get me wrong - Tesla had some critical issues and there was some reasonableness to some of the reporting but there is no doubt in my mind that there was pure evil at work here.

I'm going to dedicate some of my gains in Tesla to seek out and find the truth here -- faith loves irony,. It will come one day for those who who played a nefarious role in trying to destroy Tesla.
Alot of us sat through many years of fake news, and slanted 'news' reports on tesla and some had paper and some had actual losses. But tesla kept on marching forward, their cars still run on electricity and the sun is still shining. And power consumption has only increased, and last i checked, not many people are installing gas stations at their homes to charge their phones...

Sold 12% of my holdings @ 677 this morning. Missed the rocket ship ride today, but am happy to have locked in 140% of gains on some of my holdings!

Did you leave a digit off that 140%? Because you seem too happy for a 140% gain.

What did Warren Buffet say... "I made all my money selling too soon"?

Buffet didn't say that.

Now back to Buffett, who takes Lynch's strategy one step further. He has said he is "quite content to hold any security indefinitely, so long as the prospective return on equity capital of the underlying business is satisfactory, management is competent and honest, and the market does not overvalue the business."

He does look at valuation -- the price that Mr. Market is willing to pay for his stock. But he doesn't have an itchy trigger finger. Buffett "is not compelled to sell just because of short-term appreciation," writes Robert J. Hagstrom Jr. in his book, "The Warren Buffett Way." On the contrary, "he considers the Wall Street maxim You never go broke taking a profit' to be foolish advice."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...oo-soon/4f37b773-5727-44ad-88fd-34e82e8c0506/

I'm going to dedicate some of my gains in Tesla to seek out and find the truth here -- faith loves irony.. Faith will come one day to those who played a nefarious role in trying to destroy Tesla.
It seems you misspelled "fate" there.

in his book, "The Warren Buffett Way." On the contrary, "he considers the Wall Street maxim You never go broke taking a profit' to be foolish advice."

Remember a few weeks ago I said I was averaged in at 305, so I planned to sell half my shares at 610 to pay back my initial investment? Call me a liar, but SCREW IT! :D

Hah...well...had a sell order in for my Jan 2021 $650 Calls at $140, upped that to $165 last week. Saw the price action this morning and tried to up the target via mobile but it wanted password confirmation and couldn't remember so figured I'd fix it when I got to the office. 5 minutes later get to my desk and they're gone! :eek:

Oh well, investment: $1k, gain: $148.5k...no longer having to worry about when to sell...priceless?