Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe what you're talking about was perfectly legal, it was line-of-sight communication. Companies were setting up a series of laser communication relays that created a literal line-of-sight setup all the way from Chicago to NYC that was 1/4 second faster than traditional communication. Then they can kind of front run in a way.

Isn't it a private network of microwave towers? Much less susceptible to fog and rain fade, and with photons travelling at the speed of light. With the right top-end analog circuits the signal can be amplified and passed through a tower with almost no delay and no digital path.

The first HFT traders who'll manage to set up a private neutrino link between New York and Europe will probably earn a fortune: several milliseconds shorter communication latency due to avoiding the curvature of the Earth. (Neutrinos can travel through the mantel without being absorbed.)

Last edited:
FULL RON BARON INTERVIEW

Gawd. I swear the CNBC panelists weren't listening to a word Ron Baron was saying. They asked him five or six times the same question of wouldn't it make sense to sell at least SOME Tesla stock at this range because, you know, the price has gone up a lot quickly (yes, that's the entire depth of analysis the panelist had). Ron had to re-answer that question over and over. If you believe that Tesla will ship 30x more volume in 10 years, why the hell would you sell now?? Think you can time the market? Good luck with that!

All those recalls are eating into Ford’s profits with no OTA updates to help. Any of you guys know an auto company that doesn’t have the 300 moving ==>parts under the hood<===I can invest in? Less parts = less recalls.
To whatever could you possibly be referring? Have GF4’s ants relocated somewhere?

• Funny
Reactions: EV forever
The first HFT traders who'll manage to set up a private neutrino link between New York and Europe will probably earn a fortune: several milliseconds shorter communication latency due to avoiding the curvature of the Earth. (Neutrinos can travel through the mantel without being absorbed.)

And when that neutrino link is developed by Tesla Quantum division, Adam Jonas will ask Elon on next conference call if neutrino receivers will be built into new Teslas for Over the Air updates.

Elon tweeting... Giga Texas? Cybertruck factory???

Elon Musk on Twitter
Oh god. SpaceX is in Texas. My crazy theory might be correct

I really don’t like tattoos

Edit: He changed his location on Twitter to Austin Texas
575EB933-5F1A-498B-9235-C8740B8A74AC.jpeg

Don’t recall who or where I saw it (maybe even a 60 Minutes story), but wasn’t there some investigative reporter a few years ago who figured out how some funds were trading a number of seconds ahead of everyone through some clever transmission setup and he busted them over it? Just thinking he might be a good person to seek out to investigate stuff like the above. Sure someone lost some big money there on that dip and could show harm.

I believe what you're talking about was perfectly legal, it was line-of-sight communication. Companies were setting up a series of laser communication relays that created a literal line-of-sight setup all the way from Chicago to NYC that was 1/4 second faster than traditional communication. Then they can kind of front run in a way.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the 60 Minutes news story I was thinking about (the one below is on high frequency trading however and was involved in the story I think I somewhat recall). I'll keep looking.

In any event this is an interesting story for those new to trading and not familiar with high frequency trading and how so many trades can get executed in the final minutes of trading:
How Speed Traders Are Changing Wall Street

• Informative
Reactions: woodisgood
What the heck are they spending 5.6 million dollars on a Mach E Super Bowl ad for? That seems like a bad move spending 12% of your profits on a 30 second spot.
I thought that Tesla should have done some advertising. This is making me question myself. $5m pays for lots of engineers etc. that can tangibly improve the product.