Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then why would TSLA ever be allowed into the S&P 500 if shorts can just keep driving it down $50 to $100 at a time? Why would the price even rise with revenue growth, and how and when could it ever reach fair evaluation?

Agree 100%... Consider that if what they are describing is done - naked short-selling - why limit it to only Tesla??
Why not EVERY stock?
And yet.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're on the right track... Thank you for asking the good questions on this subject....

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Not sure why everyone doesn't have CuriousSunbird under Ignore at this point. It's very obvious what his agenda has been for the past year.

There's several reasons why my ignore list is 100% empty:
  • ignoring them still leaves their comments visible to 90%+ of new members or casual observers and lurkers of the forum,
  • if everyone ignored them that would help their disinformation campaign by leaving the disruptive, dishonest comments unchallenged,
  • abuse still needs to be reported by someone to help our moderators,
  • sometimes there's a new lie the $TSLAQ criminals come up with, which is worth debunking.
The ignore list is obviously a good method to remove noise from the stream of comments, so a 90% of ignore rate is fine, as long as there's a 10% left .:D

Just found a date for when the Commerce Department report on "whether car imports impose a threat to national security" (aka, giving Trump a justification to impose tariffs), and recommending punitive measures, is supposed to come out: "by 17 February". So any time from now until the end of the week, but before the start of trading next week.

Therefore, Model Y production, FSD success, profitable quarters, and Tesla being in the S&P 500 or not - all are essentially irrelevant to SP?
Not irrelevant of course, but subdued. Naked short selling is like a cancer dragging down a patient's health, vigor, and vitality.

FCF is TSLA's Gamma Knife. Good-bye, cancerous shorts. Ttheir time will come to an end as Wall St. becomes irrelevant to Tesla's growth and success. Enjoy it while it lasts, boyz.

Inevitably, Tesla will soar and Wall St Market Makers will sore. :p

Cheers!

With the news of GM and Amazon in discussion to invest in Rivian and the previous discussion about all the battery mega factories slated to come online in the next few years it is obvious that a ton of capital is being deployed in EV investment. I think Tesla and Musk has made a mistake in not taking more capital from investors. Several have tried but Musk has decided not to raise capital. Why? Tesla has an awesome road map, and sure they will probably be able to fund it, but Tesla could grow faster and alleviate much of the liquidity concerns by raising 5B through an equity offering. I think the stock would go up, even with the dilution as it would accelerate growth.

Because Elon doesn’t have the bandwidth to manage faster expansion. All companies are screwed up, but in different ways. For Tesla, I’ve always thought that, with a few exceptions, they don’t have a strong management culture. While it is a mark of great leadership that the CEO devotes 24x7 time to the latest hotspot in the company (manufacturing, logistics, service), it is also a mark of poor management and delegation. Elon has been unwilling to let executives run their show, resulting in him having reportedly something like 50 direct reports.

In Elon’s case, this is probably due to him not finding anyone that measures up to him. Elon is almost certainly right that his executives aren’t as good as him, even as stretched as he is (exceptions are JB and Deepak). If an underling with solid executive skills was as good as Elon, they wouldn’t be working for Elon, they’d be running their own company.

The unfortunate part about this is that this doesn’t mean Tesla still doesn’t make boneheaded mistakes. Elon is awesome but he cannot be everywhere at once, and things like the battery pack assembly disaster can happen whether or not Elon is micromanaging everything.

The bottom line is that I don’t think Tesla will grow as fast as market opportunities as long as Elon doesn’t let go of the reins enough for it to happen. It isn’t about access to capital. They could raise relatively non dilutive private or public money quickly enough, IMHO.

First Model 3 delivered today in Germany.

DzRWm3QXgAEpwAE.jpg

Sebastian Poll on Twitter

Anyone else notice the Tesla.com below the plate? Tesla working to get free advertising in Germany? I've never seen a stock car sold in this manner before.

MMD huge sell spike at open. So damn predictable. Such an ugly game. I think the bigger shorts are right there: Goldman Sachs, JPM, UBS, Bank of America. Elon is very wise to avoid them and their pressure for capital raises. WTH, with invisible naked shorting causing “infinite dilution” backed by nearly endless fossil fuel money deployed daily in the interest of protecting their future power and profit at the expense of all of our lives! The SEC currently, under Trump is absolutely corrupted, does not defend the interests of investors or the integrity of the capitol markets, instead siding firmly with the dark money through the above mentioned institutions because their largest clients and much of their asset base is in large part derived from fossil fuel interests and their banking and media collaborators.

Have you forgotten the street rumor yesterday that GM and Amazon are investing in Rivian? That alone could account for the immediate selling.

I wouldn’t read too much into this. In general, EVs need to have brakes that are at least as capable as those on ICE cars. Even our early Nissan LEAF had oversized brakes. You need the car to be able to handle situations where there’s little or no regenerative braking available. Such as the owner unwittingly charging near full before leaving a high mountain resort.

Larger brakes, like on the Taycan, are overkill for non-track use. They only have an effect for multiple repeated very hard braking events. Pretty much any economy brake is sufficient for the use you describe.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
  1. TESLARATI‏ @Teslarati 6h6 hours ago
    Porsche Taycan prototype’s large brakes hints at serious track performance

Porsche Taycan prototype's massive brakes hint at serious track performance

2. Alex‏ @alex_avoigt 1h1 hour ago
    Large Breaks at a BEV are a no good sign. You transform energy of movement into heat mainly and that energy is lost or consumed. Small breaks would be a good sign instead. As we can see at Tesla P3 the break size is not an indication for track performance.
Alex on Twitter

It just means they are marketing the Taycan as a track capable car. It isn’t unusual. Nissan’s 370Z has a Nismo version with larger brakes.

Hopefully you meant Niedermeyer's book. Mine will be the thoroughly-researched, accurate alternative. (Yes I really am writing a book on Tesla. Been at it for many months.)

Yes, I meant Niedermeyer's. Are you going to have a section on the Model 3 battery pack line debacle? It would be interesting to get info on how that went down. It was a major gut punch to Tesla.

Reactions: SPadival