Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too. FUDsters kept dicussing “production hell” when we all know that Tesla produced precisely what they meant to produce exactly when they meant to produce it.

Does that even matter anymore for Tesla? It seems other companies will be facing their own production hell. That is of course they can actually SELL their products.

Twitter account impersonating Tesla.... this seriously needs to be reported:

DzSxoYKVAAUzK48.jpg

Tesla Public Relations (@Tesla_PR) | Twitter

Not only should it be reported to Twitter, they should be reported to the SEC:

SEC.gov | Office of the Whistleblower

You guys have gone with the "demand curve" argument for every single Model Tesla has put out, and been wrong every time. Has it never occurred to you that it's flawed

Prediction: you won't get an honest, open-minded answer from @CuriousSunbird to your probing questions, because his goal on this forum is not to express an opposing point of view that he genuinely believes in, but to (possibly illegally) push false narratives and to disrupt a Tesla investor forum.

As evidence I submit @CuriousSunbird's very first comment to TMC, under the false pretense of being a prospective Model 3 customer, where he outlined his "concern" about Tesla.

I wouldn’t read too much into this. In general, EVs need to have brakes that are at least as capable as those on ICE cars. Even our early Nissan LEAF had oversized brakes. You need the car to be able to handle situations where there’s little or no regenerative braking available. Such as the owner unwittingly charging near full before leaving a high mountain resort.
  1. TESLARATI‏ @Teslarati 6h6 hours ago
    Porsche Taycan prototype’s large brakes hints at serious track performance

Porsche Taycan prototype's massive brakes hint at serious track performance

2. Alex‏ @alex_avoigt 1h1 hour ago
    Large Breaks at a BEV are a no good sign. You transform energy of movement into heat mainly and that energy is lost or consumed. Small breaks would be a good sign instead. As we can see at Tesla P3 the break size is not an indication for track performance.
Alex on Twitter

Reactions: jepicken
Prediction: you won't get an honest, open-minded answer from @CuriousSunbird to your probing questions, because his goal on this forum is not to express an opposing point of view that he genuinely believes in, but to (possibly illegally) push false narratives and to disrupt a Tesla investor forum.

As evidence I submit @CuriousSunbird's very first comment to TMC, under the false pretense of being a prospective Model 3 customer, where he outlined his "concern" about Tesla.

Not sure why everyone doesn't have CuriousSunbird under Ignore at this point. It's very obvious what his agenda has been for the past year.

I wouldn’t read too much into this. In general, EVs need to have brakes that are at least as capable as those on ICE cars. Even our early Nissan LEAF had oversized brakes. You need the car to be able to handle situations where there’s little or no regenerative braking available. Such as the owner unwittingly charging near full before leaving a high mountain resort.
Yes - and oversized because of excess weight. Also, the first iteration of such a car would be over-engineered.

It seems well funded (externally?) shorts can drive the price down to roughly $50 to $100 below value based on revenue. If they get too ambitious, people notice it’s a red hot bargain and the price rallies up.

If they had the ability to drive the price to zero, obviously they would.

So the price will rise, along with revenue growth, just don’t expect it to reach fair valuation any time soon.

Also, there is a risk limit. Even GS has a hard limit how much they can go out on a limb.

OMG, that book will be epic FUD. I wonder if there will be a single page that doesn’t contain an outright lie, omission or falsehood?

Hopefully you meant Niedermeyer's book. Mine will be the thoroughly-researched, accurate alternative. (Yes I really am writing a book on Tesla. Been at it for many months.)

Of course there are a lot of upsides. But Bezos himself said that he choose books first because it was the easiest item to store and transport: this way, he started gathering data about customers.
I dislike Amazon's way of dumping all markets they get in (basically, everyone), starving any other player and managing to be the last guy standing. They want to be a universal monopsony: be the only customer in the world, buying from every producer and then reselling to every customer. Their market, their prices, their margins, their workers' rights. I just think that is a scary world to live in.
Then you missed the point..that in rural America there were no other players.

Other companies have learned to compete with Amazon. If you only look at Amazon you will pay significantly more....

As I leared this last December when William and Senoma sold me the exact same ice cream maker that I could have bought from Amazon for about 15% less with free shipping and delivered in 3 days after the order.

That old fashoned brick and morter stores or catalog stores failed to transition and compete wasn't Amazon's fault.

Blaimg Amazon for old inept businesses failing is as silly as blaiming Tesla when the old inept car companies fail.

Tesla is likely to put a lot of businesses under such as dealerships, gas stations, repair shops and autopart stores.

So? Artful Dodger basically explained why our shares are infinitely diluted. There are very few disagrees. We're rattling on about Rivian and model Y... Is Artful Dodgers post correct on not?

No.. What he describes has been illegal for years... For anyone/everyone...

Please google "naked short-selling loophole"... There's a few links to it discussed from back in 2008/2009....
It's been illegal ever since...

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Therefore, Model Y production, FSD success, profitable quarters, and Tesla being in the S&P 500 or not - all are essentially irrelevant to SP?

Defies rational thought, doesn't it? ;-)

Because the assumption is not rational in the first place.... *big sigh*

Edit: To be clear, the "assumption" I'm referring to is "naked short-selling loophole", not UncaNed's question...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UncaNed