Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the meteor hit the Earth, dinosaurs died first.

Not all of them. I happen to own a small theropod dinosaur as a pet (Amazona oratrix) :) Very close in lineage to Velociraptor, Oviraptor, Dromaeosaurus, etc.

And the most important part:

• Tesla said it can hit its 2020 production target of 150,000 electric cars

Or in Adam Jonas's numeric system, "35,000-40,000" ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, overnight macro dropped by about -2% (Nasdaq futures), and TSLA followed it with the usual 2x magnification to around -4%.

(The Frankfurt numbers were skewed by the fact that the Euro strengthened significantly this week, now at just below 1.13 - which pushes the price of TSLA in EUR lower.)
Yesterday I was happy to see that there was no big magnification of the Nasdaq moves.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yesterday there was no big magnification of the Nasdaq moves.

That's false, there was a drop from ~$749 to ~$712 in the premarket yesterday (-5.2%), which was a 2x magnification of the corresponding Nasdaq futures drop of ~2% (8,880->8,710) in that time frame.

You even commented on it:

-5% during premarket.

Last edited:
That's false, there was a drop from ~$749 to ~$712 in the premarket yesterday (-5.2%), which was a 2x magnification of the corresponding Nasdaq futures drop of ~2% (8,880->8,710) in that time frame.

You even commented on it:

Please keep your stories straight. ;)
Yes, correct. Thanks for your comment. Only thought about regular trading yesterday. No bad intention. Let's see what will happen later today during regular trading.
In fact I hope we got and will get some SP support from Tesla solar expansion in China, Model 3 performance also produced in China, Model Y stealth deliveries, Giga Berlin progress, and so on.

Reactions: Fact Checking
I would argue that Elon would not be human to not care or not be deeply impacted by all the *sugary* and terrible things said about him, from being weak and naive to being a showman, a snake-oil salesman, and a serial exaggerator all the way to being a fraudster and a cheat.

If "winning" means not only accelerating the transition to sustainable energy but also simultaneously taking down his detractors and accusers along with the FUDsters and anti-Tesla schemers, I give him free rein. Doing so would probably further speed up the transition to sustainable energy anyway. Sometimes the safest, quickest and most effective method is to pull out all the stops and go for the jugular. :)

Darn right. This is war! These other companies have had almost a decade to move to EVs and only are “slowly” doing so because of Tesla. People assume that if Tesla causes the other OEMs to go into bankruptcy, that it will slow down the transition to sustainable energy. I think it could speed it up. In bankruptcy, these companies could shed all the ICE crap holding them back and move forward with a cleaner slate. Or better yet, disappear altogether and something new is built from the rubble. The time of playing nice is over.

And to the Chanos and Spiegals of the world, they can slither off into irrelevancy. Once Tesla is in the S&P, profitable every quarter for 2 years straight, selling a million cars plus a year, I hope someone puts together a highlight reel showing just how wrong the naysayers were. And keep playing it. It’s one thing for those people to be wrong, but they were actively trying to make it reality. Disgusting and I have no respect for them.

@ @ @ TESLA WINS APPROVAL TO SELL LONGER-RANGE CHINA-MADE MODEL 3 VEHICLES a] ra
Tesla wins approval to sell longer-range China-made Model 3
vehicles

BEIJING, March 6 (Reuters) —- Tesla Inc <TSLA.O> has secured
Chinese government approval to sell longer-range China—made
model 3 vehicles in China, the Ministry of Industry and
Information Technology said on Friday.

The vehicles will have a driving range of more than 600
kilometres before they need to be recharged, the ministry said
in a statement, while the current China-made Model 3 has a
Standard driving range of more than 400 kilometres.

Tesla started delivering cars in December from its $2
billion factory in Shanghai.

(Reporting by Yilei Sun and Brenda Goh; Editing by Susan
Fenton)

(([email protected]; +86 10 66271262; Reuters Messaging:
y.sun, [email protected]) )

@ @ @ TESLA WINS APPROVAL TO SELL LONGER-RANGE CHINA-MADE MODEL 3 VEHICLES a] ra
vehicles

Fenton)

Tesla wins approval to sell longer-range China-made Model 3 vehicles | financialpost.com 16 min ago

vehicles

Fenton)

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with zero RO-ROs to China in Q2. Just some limited container shipping.

Q2 RO-RO shipping to Europe however should be superb.

Last edited: