Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your point is valid .. but Tesla has a few things going for it, they make it a bit more than just are regular car maker..

Telsa has cash in the bank isn't overly exposed on inventory levels... has FSD in progress,, Tesla energy, Insurance etc...

What matters in a recession is which dominoes fall first... those companies rapidly stop making new product for a while and buyers are in 2 minds about a car when there is a cloud over the company... as a car still needs service and parts...

There is a phase when inventory is sold off at a discount, but it doesn't last...

Tesla isn't overly exposed to market competition, but fewer competitors will help...

Short term it is more a matter of surviving... cash in the bank, good demand and low inventory help..

Its also the ideal time to build large infrastructure projects, while labor is plentiful and money is cheap.

Tesla will be fine, emerging much stronger and more capable. GF3/4/5 by 2022? I say...

BRING IT!

wz9uv.jpg

Last edited:
Inspired by GM's presentation, and after 5 minutes of hard work, JRP3 industries is proud to unveil our future EV platform featuring our Ultimess battery architecture, able to handle various formats and voltages:

View attachment 518297

I took your lovely design to next step. Had to.
Actually I think this is ready for first round of funding from wall street. Prototype ready!

Attachments

• EV Platform.jpg.jpg
    EV Platform.jpg.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Its also the ideal time to build large infrastructure projects, while labor is pentiful and money is cheap.

Tesla will be fine, emerging much stronger and more capable. GF3/4/5 by 2022? I say...

BRING IT!

wz9uv.jpg

Yes, my point was also about being recession-resilient, especially relative to the competition...
Economic downturns can help to accelerate a change as people are more likely to question the accepted wisdom and try something new..
There are many good companies that have survived multiple economic downturns...

Using your hypothetical of a 20% reduction in demand for Tesla, consider also (my claim at least) that we don't know the actual demand for Teslas. If Tesla is under delivering demand by 20%, then a 20% reduction in demand nets out at no change in production or deliveries (I realize those numbers don't quite work out - it's the idea I'm going for).
The 'hypothetical' I prefer is Tesla actually pulling some demand levers. I'm not talking 'bout an advertizing blitz, or Media meet'n'greetz. I'm talking substantial perks here:
  • 2-years free Supercharging on Models 3/Y
  • offer purchase of 'Life-time' unlimited Supercharging for $5K at checkout
  • limited-time offer FSD for $2K EOQ rush with a priority delivery guarantee
  • enhanced rewards for the Customer Referral Program:
    • earn Supercharger credits
    • activate Software upgrades for free (ie: AWD perf.)
    • access to exclusive merch (ie: Teslaqillla Special Reserve)
(Note that every one of these ideas is one that Tesla has offered with success at some point).

The list is endless, and is NOT limited to the imagination of Tesla Customers. I'm not an advocate for 'queue jumping', but who wouldn't like to get on a short list for a limited run of 10K Cybertrucks from Fremont in time for Christmas 2020?

What'd that be worth to you, hmm? Ur Rock starz? Meh. Imma Cybertrucker!

Cheers!

Interesting article about Giga 3:
Much is riding on Tesla getting its Gigafactory back to production

In my opinion most important parts are:

"The municipal government of Shanghai is pulling out all stops to ensure success at Tesla’s Gigafactory, the US carmaker’s first overseas plant, and the crown jewel of Lingang as the local authorities woo global investors to set up in the free-trade zone. Housing would be offered to Tesla’s assembly workers, installed with infrared thermal sensors to detect any fevers. Arrangements are also being made to accelerate the delivery of components from suppliers to keep production on schedule at the factory."

" Tesla could hit its target of assembling 150,000 vehicles this year, according to a sales manager,..."

"Tesla customers have to wait until May for their Model 3 to be delivered if they were to place models now, according to sales staff."

And the most important part:

• Tesla said it can hit its 2020 production target of 150,000 electric cars

Tesla Autonomy to be feature in a Netflix 2021 Superbowl documentary:

"Tesla Model 3 owners participated in a filming of a documentary series about Tampa Bay, Florida that will reportedly be distributed on Netflix for Super Bowl 2021.

“There were 9 Model 3s there for a 3×3 caravan of ‘autonomous’ Model 3s. It was filmed by drone and camera truck with boom camera. Officially, the shoot was for an upcoming documentary about the future of transportation in Tampa. Unofficially, it seems like a pretty big production for that..."​

Tesla Model 3 owners join in filming for proposed Netflix documentary | Teslarati.com

Tesla-Model-3-for-Diamond-View-Future-of-Tranportation-Documentary-in-Tampa-Bay-Florida.jpg

Cheers!

worse than I remembered...Here's exactly what they were wanting me to sign off on....

Pricing Details
Solar Roof

$48,537

3 Powerwalls

$18,835

Purchase Price

$67,372

Federal Tax Credit

-$13,618

Net Cost

$53,754

So $54K Subtract the $15k for a very good structural shingle roof. $39k
So 16 years 4 months to break even
Now I could take that $39k and buy TSLA...and in 16 years it is worth?
Yeah, but I see this as giving something back to Elon.

Though the more stock I buy, the better for the stock price...

Reactions: LN1_Casey
Yeah, but I see this as giving something back to Elon.

Though the more stock I buy, the better for the stock price...

I see the same. However, at the same time, it’s not just about the money directly saved. What about the peaker plant that would otherwise run had I not switched? The people who buy the house after me?

Tesla Autonomy to be feature in a Netflix 2021 Superbowl documentary:

"Tesla Model 3 owners participated in a filming of a documentary series about Tampa Bay, Florida that will reportedly be distributed on Netflix for Super Bowl 2021.

“There were 9 Model 3s there for a 3×3 caravan of ‘autonomous’ Model 3s. It was filmed by drone and camera truck with boom camera. Officially, the shoot was for an upcoming documentary about the future of transportation in Tampa. Unofficially, it seems like a pretty big production for that..."​

Tesla Model 3 owners join in filming for proposed Netflix documentary | Teslarati.com

Tesla-Model-3-for-Diamond-View-Future-of-Tranportation-Documentary-in-Tampa-Bay-Florida.jpg

Cheers!
I wonder why the Super Bowl is part of the description. Maybe an organized way of transporting fans to the big game will be an autonomous fleet?

• Love
Reactions: OnBass and SOULPEDL
I don’t see the logic of not allowing posts about the dominant topic affecting all global equity markets presently, and how that topic (that shall not be mentioned) may or may not be causing a large immediate contraction in the world economy, considering the title of this thread is “Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World”.

Not a mod here, but one reason might be that this entire forum is the Investor Forum. Every thread in this forum is about investing in Tesla.

Not every post needs to be in one thread - it's ok to discuss investing in Tesla and the Investment World impacts over in that other thread that we've both avoided naming :)

I wonder why the Super Bowl is part of the description. Maybe an organized way of transporting fans to the big game will be an autonomous fleet?

Its promoting the State. If some don't know, Tampa, FL will host the Superbowl on Sun, Feb 7, 2021.

Florida is also one of the first jurisdictions to pass legislation specifically allowing Autonomous vehicles. Florida's pragmatic approach is to make the Manufacturer responsible for their product, rather than make the State the arbiter of what's 'good enough' to be legal on public roads.

'It's autonomous? Fine. It still has to drive legally.' -- Florida

Florida law to allow autonomous cars—when they're ready | phys.org June 2019

Cheers!

特斯拉組建轉隊進軍大陸太陽能領域,並於官網上釋出徵才消息,及邀請部分大陸業者合作。 此消息也帶動陸股太陽能類股在5日狂漲,共有十多檔個股漲停。 News of Tesla recruitment on their China web site for a project development engineering manager and a business development manager to enter the field of solar energy, and also their invitation seeking installation partners led to more than a dozen solar stocks to reach the daily limit stock rise in China on March 5th. This followed Elon's tweet on February 10 that he would enter the solar roof business in China.
Reddit Post of Yahoo Taiwan News with Google Translation - Tesla China hire solar roof workers. Solar stock in SHE skyrocketed in Mar 5

Q: Why would the United Auto Workers back striking UCSC Teaching Assistants? including an entire UC system blackout?

Breaking: UCSC campus shut down
If pro-union Bernie was elected, strikes would happen at auto makers, power plants... all Tesla's competition. Not to mention act as a huge drag on the economy.

Its promoting the State. If some don't know, Tampa, FL will host the Superbowl on Sun, Feb 7, 2021.

Florida is also one of the first jurisdictions to pass legislation specifically allowing Autonomous vehicles. Florida's pragmatic approach is to make the Manufacturer responsible for their product, rather than make the State the arbiter of what's 'good enough' to be legal on public roads.

'It's autonomous? Fine. It still has to drive legally.' -- Florida

Florida law to allow autonomous cars—when they're ready | phys.org June 2019

Cheers!

Do you think one of the reasons for this is because of the advanced age of the populous? Old people are notorious for their deteriorating driving abilities. Having them with a FSD vehicle take them to the store and church and whatever without having to depend on a taxi service would still allow them their freedom, but also prevent a lot of accidents.