Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My crystal ball says the line in the sand is 7300-7500 Nasdaq...the selling won't end until we touch that...corona was just the straw that broke camels back but not true cause...we have had a decade long bull breaking longevity records...Fed's used pretty much of of their ammo to pump liquidity into this mkt...TSLA will see 500-600 soon...odds high this will be the bottom imho....if 7500 on Naz doesn't hold the bull mkt is officially over and mkts will head south 50% so expecting 5000-6000 on the Naz(if 7300 doesn't hold)....but I think odds highly favor(80%ish) that we hold this level and then the bull is still intact....watch for VIX 80ish level.

tlsa will prob miss 1st quarter numbers...2nd quarter is about stability...third quarter business as usual and growth...4th quarter will be explosive.

Rode tsla from 200 to 800-900...mostly short tsla with puts the past few weeks...closed my tsla puts today...no need to get greedy....time to start buying increment positions for the long haul now.

Just know we haven't bottomed yet but getting close ...mkt's don't bottom with big after hour gap ups...moves like right now after mkt close is to entice suckers to go long in the morning before selling resumes...mkts truly reverse with huge intraday hammer candles...see you at 7300-7500 Naz!...:)...literally jmho of course so for amusement purposes only.

What? That’s just another day or two in the office :)

Told you it was just going to be another couple days in the office. Good thing I bought some inverse leveraged ETFs, softening the blow of the market.

Well....Custom Orders for the East Coast are done for this Quarter. Now 8-12 weeks out.
I want to take this as a good sign of strong demand but I am not sure that I can. Regardless of demand, it's difficult to get a custom order out to the East Coast in 2 weeks. However, I have noted that existing inventory on the east coast is dropping and I will montior this to see if we stock-out before quarter end.

View attachment 520881

It doesn't take anywhere close to 2 1/2 weeks to send cars to the east coast and distribute them, so I would indeed take this as a good sign.

I panicked. Sold all my shares @ 557 (cost price was around $200, accumulated since 2012). I trust that Tesla will be reinforced by the recession (being far better position for the future than its competitor) but I fear that the financial market can't correctly assess how much trouble the Western countries will fare in a lock down situation. I intend to fully repurchase my share as soon as I think the governments get a good grasp on the situation. Sorry for the anecdote but had to share my (bearish) opinion as I did comment bullishly in the past. And good luck to all my friends here who bought my shares at a good price. Peace.

Who has margin calls? In an economic analysis such as this, the fact that only a very small percentage of all Americans who comprise the economy have margin debt renders any margin calls as nearly inconsequential.

Everyone. Retirement funds are also in the market. Margin calls like today brings all asset class down. Just look at gold.

While it's too soon to make the call, this is the first time since this downturn in TSLA shares that it actually feels like it could be a bottom. There is a big difference between that and a bottom but this is the first time I felt we could have put in a bottom. A close above $640-$650 in the near future would help confirm this.

I panicked. Sold all my shares @ 557 (cost price was around $200, accumulated since 2012). I trust that Tesla will be reinforced by the recession (being far better position for the future than its competitor) but I fear that the financial market can't correctly assess how much trouble the Western countries will fare in a lock down situation. I intend to fully repurchase my share as soon as I think the governments get a good grasp on the situation. Sorry for the anecdote but had to share my (bearish) opinion as I did comment bullishly in the past. And good luck to all my friends here who bought my shares at a good price. Peace.
You haven’t heard Karen’s advice about only selling on upswings and buying on downswings? Good luck

and thanks to @UnknownSoldier for the SPY put advice a few weeks ago. Those guys skyrocketed today

I think it's pretty obvious that recent events have all but eliminated any chance the President has of re-election. That means there's a very high likelihood the next president will have much more progressive policies when it comes to renewable energy. And that's probably an understatement!

I'm calling this a win for the environment and a win for Tesla going forward.

Dr. Jeff Dahn's lecture at UBC is still available, it was linked here last week.

Jeff Dahn (Tesla Battery Research) Talking Lithium Battery Additives.mp4 - Simplify your life - Dropbox direct download

Dahn is a Contract Researcher for Tesla, and doesn't speak for the Company in his presentations. His talks in general show OTHER car companies what they can produce using the research and patents he's published. They are his target audience, not Tesla.

Further, Telsa China posted "Cobalt Free Battery, But NOT LFP" "Coming Soon, Battery Day in April" in a social media post back in Feb, also discussed on TMC.

Post by: Artful Dodger, Feb 23, 2020: TSLA Investor Discussions #142138

View attachment 520670

Tesla has made it clear they are moving to cobalt-free chemistry for their next product. Whether that includes the LG cells soon to be in use at GF3, we do not know. But it is clear the delivery of LG cells has been held up at GF3 due to their inability to get the battery cells just right (per Elon Musk from his 3rd Row Podcast Q&A, Jan 2020)

Have a good day.
You are missing the point.

Nobody here is refuting that Tesla/Dahn are pursuing a Cobalt free chemistry.

We are pointing out your mistake in referring to it as "NMC".

I didn't buy your shares. Instead, I bought options; MMs are using your former shares to delta-hedge my options buys ;)

(I think this was a really bad move on your part, BTW, but to each their own. Would have been better to PUT-hedge if you're scared of further collapse. I've just started to profit take from my PUT hedges)

Last edited:
I didn't buy your shares. Instead, I bought options; MMs are using your former shares to delta-hedge my options buys ;)

(I think this was a really bad move on your part, BTW, but to each their own. Would have been better to PUT-hedge if you're scared of further collapse. I'm just started to profit take from my PUT hedges)
I bought some dumb calls in April. Hoping delivery+model y+ battery day send us soaring quickly. Haha horrible decision in this environment

• Informative
Reactions: Eugene Ash
I think it's pretty obvious that recent events have all but eliminated any chance the President has of re-election. That means there's a very high likelihood the next president will have much more progressive policies when it comes to renewable energy. And that's probably an understatement!

I'm calling this a win for the environment and a win for Tesla going forward.

If he continues to bobble basic communication of what's in the EU travel restrictions like last night (which IMHO precipitated this mornings dive), he won't make it to the election. Anybody see a risk of a Twenty-fifth Amendment Constitutional crisis in the next month if SHTF with a feeble response to a US outbreak? VP Mike Pense is aready doing the #ELBUMP in spite of Trump's handwaving.

Is this good for Tesla, or bad? Certainly could roil the markets in the short-term.