Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The engineer was finally here yesterday to look over the location for my 3 Powerwalls and Gateway. It can't come fast enough for my wife. She has me installing more deadbolts, cameras, anti-jimmy devices, and other security devices, like she is expecting the Zombie horde to attack tomorrow. A 12 foot wall, alligator moat (we are in Florida) and machine gun turrets are next.
Ha. I'm not one to overly panic or anything but it would be really nice to have solar right now. Then I would know my frozen food and car would be accessible no matter what happens.

IIRC, when I lived in Florida, alligator moats were included in all new homes? ;)

If China can get back on track faster than the West, then that sort of thing is very likely. Shouldn't be a surprise to us really. We have all been musing about the high debt levels of legacy autos and expecting them to fail during the EV transition. This macro event might wind up being a huge gift to Tesla.

China relies on orders from the rest of the world, so they are not going to be getting back on track anytime soon.

Reactions: Right_Said_Fred
He believes just like some serious experts that the overreaction to the virus epidemic is not healthy and further that the law is on his side. On the other hand, temporary shutting down production made sense because demand went way down. Note: that in Nevada the rules are about the same as in California and New York and Tesla continues battery pack production (which is at this point the limiting factor of the production, so stocking up makes sense. So primary reason of the shutdown is temporary demand setback. The epidemic will end by the end of April according to Musk's guess. (and yes, that is the best guess based on the limited data we have.) I assume that Tesla cars will have a V like recovery, while the global economy will be in trouble for a while.

I was waiting for demand to be an issue so I could buy shares again. Without fail, it’s like clockwork. No need to try and time the market.

Last edited:
If China can get back on track faster than the West, then that sort of thing is very likely. Shouldn't be a surprise to us really. We have all been musing about the high debt levels of legacy autos and expecting them to fail during the EV transition. This macro event might wind up being a huge gift to Tesla.

If? Are you serious? Did you already forget how fast they built a factory? How fast they continue built the next phase of the factory? How fast they built and dismantled hospitals?

Of course they are faster. But the Germans seem to have taken up the challenge.

Reactions: humbaba
Electrek’s Take
Not gonna lie, I think it’s going to be a hard one. A reliable source told Electrek that Tesla was tracking at about 70-80% of its delivery goal in North America last week.

Normally, that’s not that big of a deal with its end-of-quarter delivery push coming, but this quarter’s push is likely going to be extremely small or even non-existent.

Tesla is likely going to be sitting on thousands of inventory vehicles at the end of the quarter – more than before.

China relies on orders from the rest of the world, so they are not going to be getting back on track anytime soon.
If? Are you serious? Did you already forget how fast they built a factory? How fast they continue built the next phase of the factory? How fast they built and dismantled hospitals?

Of course they are faster. But the Germans seem to have taken up the challenge.
It's more than just that. I'm somewhere between the two of you. ;)

The engineer was finally here yesterday to look over the location for my 3 Powerwalls and Gateway. It can't come fast enough for my wife. She has me installing more deadbolts, cameras, anti-jimmy devices, and other security devices, like she is expecting the Zombie horde to attack tomorrow. A 12 foot wall, alligator moat (we are in Florida) and machine gun turrets are next.
If it's going to happen you're probably at ground zero. ;)

Electrek’s Take
Not gonna lie, I think it’s going to be a hard one. A reliable source told Electrek that Tesla was tracking at about 70-80% of its delivery goal in North America last week.

Normally, that’s not that big of a deal with its end-of-quarter delivery push coming, but this quarter’s push is likely going to be extremely small or even non-existent.

Tesla is likely going to be sitting on thousands of inventory vehicles at the end of the quarter – more than before.

So, non-issue. Cool, good to know.

Alphabet self-driving car company Waymo suspends all driving operations in Phoenix and Detroit, internal memos show

Shame those cars aren't truly self driving. ;)

Electrek’s Take

Is that because of fewer orders or inability to deliver cars already ordered?

Last edited:
Fewer orders.
Just check the New existing inventory on tesla.com and it shows a backlog.

Model Y? Google Trends

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 2.38.52 PM.png

Fewer orders.
Just check the New existing inventory on tesla.com and it shows a backlog.
I could see that being a very temporary thing though. People aren't thinking about cars right now but if they have the money and stable employment (which most Tesla buyers likely have) then once they adjust to the new normal they might get back to buying.

What's so hard to grasp? The frickin' Country Sheriff was bird dogged on Twitter (by short sellers and their notorious media tool Russ Mitchell of the LA Times) into shutting down the Fremont factory.

Now the State Gov'n himself has bitch-slapped Alemeda County for trying to wreck the economy of California and critical manufacturing infrastructure of the United States.

What did you expect the shortzes would do? Stand by and watch Tesla succeed, or throw the entire country unter the bus to make a few lousy bucks.

Despicable low-lifes. I hope they're safe and warm hiding under their beds when Tesla goes back to work.

I would support shutting down the LATimes if there wasn’t such a huge shortage of toilet paper.

I could see that being a very temporary thing though. People aren't thinking about cars right now but if they have the money and stable employment (which most Tesla buyers likely have) then once they adjust to the new normal they might get back to buying.

We don't have a clue what the new normal is, or will be, or when it will even happen? For now, all bets are off.

$TSLA is a bargain right now. Wait for it to bottom out and buy buy buy. Options would be a good idea to catch the upswing, but only get cheap options for a quick turn (small % of your portfolio or try a straddle), or long term options guaranteed to pan out. Otherwise long term stock adding shares now would work. FUD is taking advantage of Tesla’s weak spot on being honest to customers (fake chips in China, something I would have never done), and with their current lying dishonest baby boomer fakery board of director lineup I don’t expect that to change, but their customers are from that rat race generation and just keep buying, and this car sells itself. The Model 3 and Cybertruck will be good sellers. They could be great sellers if Tesla started being honest, but Tesla has very high demand so that doesn’t matter, and is so far ahead of their competitors that only deaf voodoo traditionalists will buy other manufacturer’s ICE cars any more when buying new. The Wuhan bat crown flu will clean out some of the pensioner tax recipients worldwide, and worldwide debt will go down as we don’t have to pay as much of the government “entitlement” programs, and the economy will seem great compared to the last 45 years; Tesla will have plenty of living buyers and workers left and a decent product lineup.

What I hate about Tesla is it doesn’t have a lot of competition, so they have a cruddy take it or leave it attitude. If they got real competition, they would take a couple years to respond, but they are so far ahead that they would end up with huge market share anyway.
Scott Adams agrees with me:
Scott Adams on Twitter
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 14.43.14.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 14.43.24.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 14.43.30.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 14.43.38.png