Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope so too, but it's far from clear.

Europe (and probably US too) are seeing a decrease in cases, but I cannot see numbers going to zero anytime soon.
Wuhan has had zero domestic cases recently. We don't know yet what happens in Europe&US if cases are above zero and quarantine measures are loosened.

Trump has backed off his "loosen quarantine by Easter" utterances.
White House Extends Social-Distancing Guidelines Until End of April

Do you know of European plans to loosen soon?

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Trump has backed off his "loosen quarantine by Easter" utterances.
White House Extends Social-Distancing Guidelines Until End of April

Do you know of European plans to loosen soon?

Maybe this is getting off-topic for this thread, but short answer:

There are some news from Germany that they are discussing possible exit strategy. It probably means setting milestones in case numbers rather than deciding exact date to loosen lockdown.

Most European countries are still adding stricter rules. Spain closed their whole economy recently. On the other hand, Sweden hasn't even closed bars & clubs yet. All countries are slightly different.

Here in Finland roughly one third of population could technically take Tesla delivery at the moment. Traffic between the capital area and the rest of the country is blocked leaving the only Tesla store unreachable for most people. It's not even possible to visit your girlfriend if she happens to live on the different side of the blockage. It's kind of Berlin wall all over again.

Is the FED buying stocks ?
Would we know if they are ?

Lol, that's be ol'fashioned com-mun-ism, wot? Neva happen in 'Murica!

The Fed is going to buy ETFs. What does it mean? | Mar 23, 2020

There was talk of some large buys on bonds going through.
Then Curt posted about hedge fund re balancing end of quarter because they were weighted too heavily into bonds vs equities after the bonds performed better as of late.
Either way, if the feds buy bonds or equities the money trickles into equities eventually. Very possible that's the reason for the positive macros today.
REIT short sellers are whining that the FED is bankrupting them by soiling their shorts. :p

REIT short sellers are whining that the FED is bankrupting them by soiling their shorts. :p

Good. If they hadn't made money yet in the last month or two they should give up anyways. That's about the absolute nicest thing I could say regarding shorts while conducting myself under forum rules. Still baffles me how the SEC even considers "anti investors" as investors.

After-action Report: Mon, Mar 30, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $504.61
Volume: 12,118,716
Traded: $6,115,216,875.68 ($6.12 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 99.49%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 57.84% (50th Percentile rank Shorting)

Comment: "Its Groundhog Day; Again"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-03-30.png

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

I am seeing both TSLA = $500 within 2 years and a recession within 3. Torn by which one is right. Worst is both are right and happen one after another. All our portfolios gets killed either way so not really worth discussing.

Opening Remarks at a Press Briefing by Kristalina Georgieva following a Conference Call of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC)

And the final prophecy has been fulfilled. My job is done.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
In all seriousness, I think Elon is a fan of S-curves (especially as they pertain to technological innovation). The image shows exponential graphs, but his text is "Logarithm graphs coming soon" which means he's expecting the top-half of the S-curve to arrive shortly for infections.

Strongly disagree. Infection S-curves are like adoption curves, they are S-curves because the highest they can go is 100%. In other words, it's nonsensical to use a logarithmic chart to plot percentages that can't exceed 100%. Which is what an S-curve implies. Your explanation makes no sense at all unless it's an attempt to dilute Elon's actual message.

Lots and lots of inventory left with only two days to the end of the quater.

Some of those may still move. Late this afternoon I saw a truckload of Teslas heading toward Fremont from San Mateo-ish. That seemed odd at first, but I figure they're inventory vehicles and buyers will pick them up at the Fremont delivery center tonight or tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Correct me if I'm wrong, but using 7k inventory cars from that site and Troy's estimate of 102k production, can we estimate that deliveries are around 95k? Since there's likely no inventory of MIC cars (only around 16k will be produced in Q1).
I do not know. I want to know the answer as well. Im not sure how they account for show room cars, trade-ins in process and CPO cars that are not for sale yet. I think those would add to 5-10K cars at Q end.

In the past EOQ they had almost 0 inventory on ev-cpo.com and when financials were released they claimed they had 10-15k inventory vehicles.

Reactions: shootformoon