Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both production and delivery numbers of model 3 are not very good in China for April.

April delivery: 3635
Jan-April delivery total: 19705
April production: 11211

Only for Model 3.

Another data: Troy's Model 3 tracker and Model Y tracker show very very few entries since mid March. Particularly, Model 3 tracker has almost zero new entries.
11211 is based on only LG supplied battery, how many from Panasonic is unknown.

1) When Tesla finally gets the go-ahead to resume production, will all of its suppliers in Alameda get blanket approval? Or will the county review them one by one and make a decision? Tesla reopening may be the first of many obstacles on its path to full production.
2) If GigaShanghai doesn’t use exclusively locally sourced parts, and relies on US suppliers, how much longer until they don’t have 100% of the parts they need? And even once those suppliers come back online, how long will it take for them to reach Shanghai?
3) I asked before, but never got a response - did GigaShanghai resume production on May 9 as planned?

1) When Tesla finally gets the go-ahead to resume production, will all of its suppliers in Alameda get blanket approval? Or will the county review them one by one and make a decision? Tesla reopening may be the first of many obstacles on its path to full production.
2) If GigaShanghai doesn’t use exclusively locally sourced parts, and relies on US suppliers, how much longer until they don’t have 100% of the parts they need? And even once those suppliers come back online, how long will it take for them to reach Shanghai?
3) I asked before, but never got a response - did GigaShanghai resume production on May 9 as planned?

Vincent on Twitter

Tesla China Officially Debunks Rumor of Parts Shortage: Giga Shanghai's Production Line Is Under Normal Scheduled Maintenance

That is the last update I have seen, officially there was no part shortage.

Tesla China sold 3,635 Model 3 vehicles in April, down 64% vs March: CPCA

'U.S. electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) sold 3,635 Shanghai-made Model 3 vehicles in China in April, down 64% from March, according to the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA).

Tesla’s sales in the first month of each quarter are usually lower than the remaining two months. The industry body said during an online briefing that Tesla produced over 10,000 units in Shanghai last month.

CPCA uses a different counting method than Tesla’s deliveries.'

I was under the impression that China Model 3 doesn't use any Panasonic batteries. Panasonic batteries are only used in Fremont production. So that is the total for China.
According to GF Nevada worker, Panasonic cell is being shipped to GF Shanghai to build pack
upload_2020-5-10_21-44-24.png

This is the top news story on Foxnews.com. The right wing is falling more and more in love with Tesla and Musk ever since his fight with CNN and now with California and his calls to re-open the economy and even move to Texas. Tesla's addressable market in the US is growing much, much larger.

California Democrat reacts to Tesla lawsuit, pullout plan over coronavirus rules: ‘F--- Elon Musk’
This will likely only last as long as Elon's fight to re-open matches Trump's open America now rhetoric . It's a marriage of convenience to push current policy. Once Fremont is up and running they will slowly transition back to the crazy tree-hugger FUD that aligns with their FF overlords.

Valid explanation on China sales Ray4️⃣Tesla⚡☀️ on Twitter

I actually don't even think this needs to be explained because of the simple fact that Giga 3 is ramping production. The last 2 weeks of April production was likely 2X the production of the first two weeks of April. Thus if most of your production occurred the last two weeks of April AND they weren't even scheduling deliveries the final week of April......3,600 deliveries is actually exactly where it should be

I actually don't even think this needs to be explained because of the simple fact that Giga 3 is ramping production. The last 2 weeks of April production was likely 2X the production of the first two weeks of April. Thus if most of your production occurred the last two weeks of April AND they weren't even scheduling deliveries the final week of April......3,600 deliveries is actually exactly where it should be
This is one of the top stories on CNBC currently. Tesla sales drop sharply in china. Every quarter brings out this headline.

Some info on the law firm representing Tesla against Alameda:

Quinn Emanuel is the one law firm in the world that major companies least want to see as opposing counsel. Top legal decision makers at over 300 organizations with more than $1 billion in annual revenue were interviewed by leading independent research provider BTI Consulting Group for its Litigation Outlook 2020. Those interviewed were asked to name the law firm they least wanted to see as opposing counsel. Quinn Emanuel ranked number one as the most feared.

Survey Shows Quinn Emanuel is the Most Feared Law Firm in the World

Government & Regulatory Litigation | Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP

This will likely only last as long as Elon's fight to re-open matches Trump's open America now rhetoric . It's a marriage of convenience to push current policy. Once Fremont is up and running they will slowly transition back to the crazy tree-hugger FUD that aligns with their FF overlords.

I do think moving HQ to Texas and opening a factory would cut though in Texas, and with the broader American public, actions speak louder than words.

Democrats also don't want to contest elections while fighting high profile court battles with Tesla, I can't see that being a vote winner.

So IMO the Democrats will aim to help open Fremont, something they should have been doing all along.

Tesla will definitely move HQ to somewhere like Texas and open a factory there, the factory was always inevitable, and the HQ move could have been possible anyway.

I don't think the far left were ever Tesla buyers, but when battling Tesla they are aiding Trump and making his re-election more likely.

That doesn't mean they need to give Elon and Tesla everything they want, but it does mean they should look for a sensible compromise ASAP. If fact they should have done that before Elon got annoyed.

Last edited:
This is one of the top stories on CNBC currently. Tesla sales drop sharply in china. Every quarter brings out this headline.

Can't really do anything about CNBC. Its expected that they'll run whatever smear they can. I was pointing what I did because it seemed like a couple posters were concerned about giga 3's production and delivery numbers for April.....to which I see nothing to worry about. If they averaged likely 2,600 production for the month, it likely means they exited April at a 3k/week production rate, maybe even slightly higher. Looks to me like they're well on their way to 4k/week by june/July and 5k for Q3....so I'm happy. And whenever producing is ramping, there's always going to be a gap between production and deliveries

Quinn Emanuel is the one law firm in the world that major companies least want to see as opposing counsel. Top legal decision makers at over 300 organizations with more than $1 billion in annual revenue were interviewed by leading independent research provider BTI Consulting Group for its Litigation Outlook 2020. Those interviewed were asked to name the law firm they least wanted to see as opposing counsel. Quinn Emanuel ranked number one as the most feared.

Is that Sullivan related to Sullivan & Cromwell? (Which got us the Panama Canal.)

He said during every interview why he tweets and he said it's for entertainment. If you look at his tweets, it's 10 percent advertisement and 90 % *sugar* posting memes and opinions.

I disagree. For example, the tweeted reply to the legislator in SanDiego who tweeted "F*ck Elon Musk" was a strategic move to make sure all of those who follow Musk and who live in her district know what she said. Elon is very driven and he's working even as he tweets.

Claiming his tweets are mostly for entertainment is not a bad thing to say when you have the SEC breathing down your neck. If you look at Tesla's official shareholder disclosures, Elon's social media accounts are listed as official channels for disseminating company information.

Tesla China sold 3,635 Model 3 vehicles in April, down 64% vs March: CPCA

'U.S. electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) sold 3,635 Shanghai-made Model 3 vehicles in China in April, down 64% from March, according to the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA).

Tesla’s sales in the first month of each quarter are usually lower than the remaining two months. The industry body said during an online briefing that Tesla produced over 10,000 units in Shanghai last month.

CPCA uses a different counting method than Tesla’s deliveries.'
If Tesla produced 10k units and sold 3k. Where is the inventory?

Reactions: Sudre and LN1_Casey

Well, that's comforting and all but, considering who Tesla is up against in this latest action, using Quinn Emanuel is like bringing a semi-automatic assault rifle to a fistfight. :cool: