Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wallstreetbets' take on NKLA:

a45dz1dr0t351.png

Nikola motors is bandwagoning on Tesla much like Virgin Galactic was bandwagoning on SpaceX.

Tesla investor Ron Baron expects exponential growth for Elon Musk's car company and SpaceX | Squawkbox on CNBC | Tue, June 09, 2020

Key Points:
  • Ron Baron told CNBC on Tuesday he believes "there's 10 times more to go" on growth with Tesla. He also said SpaceX will grow by a multiple of 20 in the next 10 years.
  • Baron's eponymous investment firm holds more than 1.6 million Tesla shares and 814,595 shares of privately held SpaceX.
  • The billionaire buy-and-hold investor also said he would like to have more money to purchase additional Tesla shares.

No video out yet on CNBC's Youtube channel; check back later:

CNBC Television | Youtube videos

Cheers!

Video can now be found at the bottom of th page you linked, also here: Subscribe for PRO

At least VG is actually producing vehicles and testing them, and has twice the amount of employees as Nikola.
chamath palihapitiya is on the board at SPCE. Not only is he a huge Tesla bull but I really like his investment/world view in general so that gave me enough of a push to consider SPCE as a real bet.

chamath palihapitiya is on the board at SPCE. Not only is he a huge Tesla bull but I really like his investment/world view in general so that gave me enough of a push to consider SPCE as a real bet.

welcome back! Will never forget this chamath interview on cnbc where they discuss tesla. He's a rare person who has both book smarts and common sense and can eloquently break things down where even a monkey can understand!

I hate how the media uses Elon image for every Tesla news article. Always wonder why some people hate the guy and thinks he is an egomaniac. Now I know why, the media subconsciously drilled that into our head. Stock goes up, shows a picture of Elon dancing. Years of bombardment of that will get people to think the guy differently.
Seriously? Elon Musk never really tried to have Tesla -- the company -- communicate under Tesla's name. Almost every time something is announced, it's "Elon" talking. He could simply have the announcement made by \@tesla and retweet the post/link to his followers. He could even sign some \@Tesla tweets with a "~Elon" suffix. But no, Elon prefers to keep confusing the company with his person, for some reasons. Make no mistake, he prefers it this way.

Personally, I think it isn't in shareholders' interest. I want Elon to keep joking, teasing, ranting (etc) and be Tesla's first spokesperson, but refusing to make Tesla the main character of Tesla's story is dangerous. As you pointed out, it gives leverage to those who oppose Tesla's mission.

Last edited:
As expected, the Upper-BB was up at 936.65 at the Open this morning. This should relieve some technical selling pressure which occurs whenever the SP is substantially above the trading channel:

View attachment 549580
Cheers!
Whoooaa Ron B make a great job say Tesla comming 10x in the futur and the share are down -1.5% actually but Nikolas share UP to 8.60% what's going wrong ?

UPDATE 15:50: Nikolas is now -0.42% and TSLA$ -1.71%
UPDATE 2 15:53 Nikolas is now -8.89% and TSLA$ -1.86%

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking Ron Baron will be a sell the news topic. His timing is following a long run and he delayed due to larger issues of the past two weeks. I won’t be selling, but if we are down today, I may buy my 1200 calls back and sell 1100 and try to make a few extra bucks.

What news? Ron didn't say anything new and as expected, he is still a bull. Profit taking day is probably more like it, however macro is kind of weak today and TSLA is not trading that badly...not yet anyways.

Post battery day is more likely a sell the news moment until P&D. But by the looks of it P&D may come first.

Reactions: UncaNed
Seriously? Elon Musk never really tried to have Tesla -- the company -- communicate under Tesla's name. Almost every time something is announced, it's "Elon" talking. He could simply have the announcement made by \@tesla and retweet the post/link to his followers. But no, Elon prefers to keep confusing Tesla with himself, Make no mistake, he prefers it this way.

Lisa Su, now the highest paid CEO in the S&P is the face of AMD. She is on stage and in interviews as much as Elon in a given year. However MSM doesn't show her dancing or crying every time there's a story about AMD. It just makes it look like Elon has to be the center of all the attention vs having a company logo with a picture of a Tesla service center. Stock tanks, shows a picture of Elon pissed. Why? Elon really cares about the price action of the stock for that day? MSM makes it seem like he does subconsciously.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865 and jhm
Last edited:
It just makes it look like Elon has to be the center of all the attention vs having a company logo with a picture of a Tesla service center.

Elon wants to be the main center of the attention, otherwise he would let Tesla make some company announcements. I don't know, maybe once a year or something? I've been holding shares since 2012 so I don't care much. But all the communications efforts by Tesla are, now, near zero. The Twitter account, the blog, instagram, Youtube (...), they are almost worthless now. It's all about Elon, Elon, Elon because of Elon. I love the guy but one cannot blame the media for Elon being the center of attention.

Small milestone.

Elon once tweeted that Model Y would appear for referral rewards once production had exceeded preorders https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1238938566924763136

The Model Y appeared for referral awards this morning:

View attachment 549567

Thanks a ton for posting! Last week sales rep said no referral SC miles. Got to call them back today to see if I can now add them to my Y order (which should be delivered this month). Does anyone know if I can use my own referral code and pocket 2k miles? If so, how does one go about doing this?

Reactions: willow_hiller