Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon wants to be the main center of the attention, otherwise he would let Tesla make some company announcements. I don't know, maybe once a year or something? I've been holding shares since 2012 so I don't care much. But all the communications efforts by Tesla are, now, near zero. The Twitter account, the blog, instagram, Youtube (...), they are almost worthless now. It's all about Elon, Elon, Elon because of Elon. I love the guy but one cannot blame the media for Elon being the center of attention.
You might be confusing Elon's compulsive need to control the message (you know, the guy who micromanages every aspect of Tesla, from design to production and to marketing, the guy who checks the production line in person when there's a technical issue, and who considers himself the chief engineer in the company) with Elon's desire to be the center of attention. We know the first to be true, and while from the outside they may appear the same, we actually don't have any specific reason to believe the second. If he wants to be the absolute face of Tesla, then why am I familiar with names such as Andrej Karpathy, Drew Baglino or Jerome Guillen?

Lisa Su, now the highest paid CEO in the S&P is the face of AMD. She is on stage and in interviews as much as Elon in a given year. However MSM doesn't show her dancing or crying every time there's a story about AMD. It just makes it look like Elon has to be the center of all the attention vs having a company logo with a picture of a Tesla service center. Stock tanks, shows a picture of Elon pissed. Why? Elon really cares about the price action of the stock for that day? MSM makes it seem like he does subconsciously.
Lisa Su did not start AMD.
Big difference. Make it huge.

Reactions: AZRI11 and GOVA
Neither did Elon with Tesla

giphy.gif

CNBC just interviewed Colin Rusch from Oppenheimer who IIRC is usually negative on Tesla, and fits their narrative of interviewing contrarian characters after Ron Baron hyperbole.

But this time, as far as I could tell, he was finding it difficult to be negative. He really made it sound to me like Tesla is in a strong position.

They tried pivoting into Nikola (IMO giving Nikola respect as a legit manufacturer) and asking him for contrasts, but Rusch wouldn't take the bait. He said they are not in production yet so they haven't been able to figure out what they don't know.

Volkswagen chief apologises to board over leaking accusations

...Last week, Mr Diess told thousands of managers that confidential information about the group’s software failings had leaked from the supervisory board, which includes members of the works council, as well as representatives of shareholders Porsche SE and the state of Lower Saxony.
The accusation angered several supervisory board members and at a meeting on Monday the 61-year-old apologised in person and in writing, according to a person familiar with the matter.
A spokesperson for the supervisory board said Mr Diess acknowledged that his statements were “inappropriate and wrong”. The board would “continue to support [Mr Diess] in his work”, the spokesperson added.

That's what happens when you run a company by committee. Can't say the truth potentially upsetting things, and everyone needs to agree with everything. All decisions need to be discussed, debated and agreed on by tens of council members. Yes, that's what a real CEO does: they apologise for insensitive remarks in person and in writing! (I wonder if they also made him go stand in the corner and think about what he'd done.)

Yes, Tesla's "competition" in the EV space will most definitely catch up with them in no time flat!

Volkswagen chief apologises to board over leaking accusations

...Last week, Mr Diess told thousands of managers that confidential information about the group’s software failings had leaked from the supervisory board, which includes members of the works council, as well as representatives of shareholders Porsche SE and the state of Lower Saxony.
The accusation angered several supervisory board members and at a meeting on Monday the 61-year-old apologised in person and in writing, according to a person familiar with the matter.
A spokesperson for the supervisory board said Mr Diess acknowledged that his statements were “inappropriate and wrong”. The board would “continue to support [Mr Diess] in his work”, the spokesperson added.

That's what happens when you run a company by committee. Can't say the truth potentially upsetting things, and everyone needs to agree with everything. All decisions need to be discussed, debated and agreed on by tens of council members. Yes, that's what a real CEO does: they apologise for insensitive remarks in person and in writing! (I wonder if they also made him go stand in the corner and think about what he'd done.)

Yes, Tesla's "competition" in the EV space will most definitely catch up with them in no time flat!
???
I read that as he incorrectly blamed the supervisory council for the leak. The issue was not the information itself.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Ofcourse. We can go lower and higher. And Max Pain can change before friday.
Meanwhile, the Upper-BB is increasing ~15 to 20 each morning:
  • Fri, Jun 5, 2020: $892.90
  • Mon, Jun 8, 2020: $908.42
  • Tue, Jun 9, 2020: $936.65
Barring (Bearing?) a sudden drop in the SP, this implies the Upper-BB could rise substaintially over the course of this week.

This wold provide 'head-room' support for the SP later this week if the Upper-BB climbs above the ATH of ~$970 (from Feb 4, 2020). The difference on that day was the Upper-BB had been exceeded by $160 (providing an irresistible target for shortzes).

Here's the chart from Feb 4, 2020: (taken 2 min before the start of the 'big bear' raid)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-02-04.15-45.png

It's a totally different setup this time in June 2020. SP is riding the Upper-BB right now. When the SP rides up with the trading channel, there's no reason for a technical short bear raid. Even the Middle-BB is over $843 right now ($43 above even the Upper-BB on Feb 4), providing strong support and a firm floor.

EDIT: and, we're G-R-E-E-N: $951.17 at 11:00 ET (with Upper-BB at $938.94)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-06-09.11-00.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
???
I read that as he incorrectly blamed the supervisory council for the leak. The issue was not the information itself.
Yes, he was made to apologise for blaming the council members for leaking info related to their software problems (ID3-related). What I found interesting is that the council made a bigger deal of Diess's accusations than of the leak itself. Because a potential loss of revenues is nothing compared to the actual loss of decorum!