Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Comparing open interest from yesterday to today, it looks like someone opened about 10,000 puts at 950.
That's a steep wall to climb for MMs. Strongly supports a Friday Close at or above $950 or MMs (Put writers) pay dearly.

Let's continue to watch Options action. This was extremely helpful last week (MMs payout was a miniscule $14K after all their SP manipulations).

TSLA.Greeks.Max-Pain.2020-06-12.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
Any predictions for Triple Witching Friday?

Open interest and daily trading volume are high for both TSLA puts and calls for the $1000 strikes that expire Friday. Big option writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers) may want to do what they can to keep the share price near $1000. Of course news or ordinary trading interest could upset their plans.

A business' total asset is financed through debts and equity. Low leverage means a low debt : equity ratio, meaning the meat of the business belongs to shareholders, not lenders. The Bible said debtors are slaves to lenders and this is not a slavery joke. During times of crisis, these companies are not at risk of premature termination due to inability to meet short term debt servicing obligation. So I think time is the operating concept. Given enough times, most companies can turn around and generate profits. A low leverage company just has more time on its hand. Much like a LEAP option is valued more than a weekly of the same strike because it has higher time value. This is an unnecessarily excessive amount of words and analogies to just to say HODL. :D
I said the same thing back in March

Update: GM's D:E has changed to 1.83 from 1.43
General Motors Company (GM) Debt Equity Ratio (Quarterly) - Zacks.com
Ford went from 3.05 to 3.85
Ford Motor Company (F) Debt Equity Ratio (Quarterly) - Zacks.com
They all took on more debts, a lot of them
Meanwhile, Tesla went from 1.55 DOWN to 1.05, thanks to the equity raise in February
Tesla Inc (TSLA) Debt Equity Ratio (Quarterly) - Zacks.com
Would you look at that. I think I'm giving myself FOMO. :D
When and how much will be the next convertible debt that get exercised?

A *small youtube channel that is describing this old man's Model Y ordering and delivery process. It's very well documented, and filmed (if a little 'testing out film editing' feel). Particularly, it shows the touchless delivery process that San Diego has up, as the car was delivered in May 28th.

<snip> Corrected below. :p

Last edited:
Barron’s – half hour ago: Tesla Cracks $1,000 Again Despite Lousy State Sales Data

Excerpt:

Investors are looking past the data for a couple of reasons. The recent registration numbers, of course, were affected by Covid-19. What's' more, a lot of Tesla's growth is coming overseas, especially in China. China is the world's largest market for electric vehicles, and Tesla began delivering Chinese-built cars from its new Shanghai plant around the start of 2020.

And the news isn't moving the stock because it wasn't a surprise.