Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
L.

So, does the SEC now demand that if Elon repeats a statement from the ER call on twitter that he needs to get someone looking over it and that he did not do, therefore violation of agreement? Thats really Kindergarden level....
Tesla made a deal with the SEC.
Any elon material communications had to be preapproved.
Elon tweets out material information.
Sec asks: was that preapproved?
Tesla: No.

300k 500k 400k... I don't know why everyone is wasting time arguing about a number. Did tesla preapprove elon to do an interview where he promised fsd by the end of the year? Elon didn't have to sign the deal. He could have fought them. But he didn't. He signed the deal.

I should have probably also mentioned (in bold)?:

(Summary: the SEC erred because they did not take into account what was said in the CC call, nor did they take into account the difference between "production" numbers vs "delivery" numbers, and between Model 3 numbers and total vehicle numbers.)

upload_2019-2-26_12-37-9.png

upload_2019-2-26_12-37-11.png

upload_2019-2-26_12-36-36.jpeg

Sec asks: was that preapproved?
Tesla: No.

300k 500k 400k... I don't know why everyone is wasting time arguing about a number. Did tesla preapprove elon to do an interview where he promised fsd by the end of the year? Elon didn't have to sign the deal. He could have fought them. But he didn't. He signed the deal.

No, the issue is that Elon didn't say anything material, nothing new, that's the problem. No case to answer.

I think he's right to feel confident. Also, what does he have to lose? He has to fight this either way.
Elon has made his career taking on entrenched interests and beating them, be it at PayPal, SpaceX or Tesla. Beating down the Boeing Lockheed monopoly was central to the SpaceX mission. Equally Big Auto for Tesla. It should sadden us all if the SEC has truly become an entrenched interest that it’s necessary to slay for Tesla to reach its full potential.

If that’s what Elon sincerely believes, then so be it, he’s been right far more than he’s been wrong. But no one here should be surprised if the market valuation versus fundamental valuation remains deeply skewed for quite a while longer.

BTW., today's PUT options volume and general price capping market action was weird: did the SEC lawyers illegally leak their planned action against Tesla again, enabling illegal market manipulation by shorts?

Notable Monday Option Activity: TSLA

"Tesla Inc (Symbol: TSLA) saw options trading volume of 159,399 contracts, representing approximately 15.9 million underlying shares or approximately 238.4% of TSLA's average daily trading volume over the past month, of 6.7 million shares. Especially high volume was seen for the $100 strike put option expiring March 15, 2019 , with 17,294 contracts trading so far today, representing approximately 1.7 million underlying shares of TSLA."​

So @Fact Checking the question becomes, 'Who knew what when, and who tipped them off?'

Last edited:
It was my opinion in the first place that the 420 tweet was a witch hunt to start with and at the time TSLA could not afford it, Elon knew that. Now Tesla does not need TSLA anymore so Elon can challenge the bullshit settlement. It looks like his lawyer left because he doesn’t want the headache. He wants to just follow the ruling.

Oh, yah.... how much cash does Tesla have to fork over if the SP is at $350 when the bond comes do?
How much do they have to pay if the SP is at $250?

I am not saying Elon planned this (altho fishy) but it works out for long term investors.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Doubling down. Looks to me like Elon’s found himself another dragon to slay. Even if he’s right, hope he knows what he’s doing...

One of the "short gang" replies is funny though (aimed at Elon): You are as honest as your hairline.

The question is- how are we playing this? Are we betting on close lower than the open, or do we think the stock will recover within the same day?

Reactions: KD2018
So your view is that negligent or reckless violation of a court order cannot constitute contempt? Wilfulness iis required?

Thar has not hitherto been my understanding of the position of the federal courts, but I would certainly be interested to read any authority or source that you could cite.
Jesus freaking christ....leading ...presumptuous....might have to increase my block list.

Many pages of arguing basically what 'is..is'. May be cathartic but it does not matter what any of us, SEC or EM thinks/believes...Now it only matters what the judge thinks.

Hopefully this gets high priority and quick action by the judge and EM gets back to focusing on accomplishing the mission statement whether it be through a public or private Tesla.