Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could indeed, but only if you plan on keeping it a sprung structure forever. If you are going to have a solid roof, it's much easier/ safer/ less intrusive to install it first. Also doesn't take long. Additionally, GF1 is 3ish floors and I'd expect GF3 to be similarly dense.
I'm thinking a general assembly line on one section of the pad using imported parts while the rest of the factory is being built.

Elon is a great guy, a genius, and also in the right.
But why start battles that gain you nothing?

Wait a minute. You admit that Elon is a genius. But then you put your ability to determine whether it gains anything above his? Because he wouldn't have tweeted it if he didn't see the benefit. Certainly he saw the risk and weighed it with the benefit.

Consider that not even a genius gets to Elon's standing in life without understanding much more perfectly how the world works than you or I ever will. Nobody is right 100% of the time but to criticize him at this stage of the tweet is a little premature. I think, given all that has transpired in the last 20 years, that it's inconcievable that this can be explained because he tweets before he thinks and is a loose cannon. I don't believe that for a minute.

Sadly, this event illustrates why the kind of new, serious businesses our country really needs might not want to consider starting in the US in the first place, and why new businesses should avoid going public at all costs, all to the detriment of the US economy and potential US investors.

Sadly, it really hit home with the recent TSLA stuff. Our corp was looking to setup a new branch and I am leaning more and more towards Japan and Germany.

I guess rolling over is what some do. Sometimes fixing a blatantly large problem takes guts and sacrifice. But in the end, it could work out really well....or not.

Will be interesting to see where we are a decade from now.
Never said anything about rolling over. If you make an agreement, stick to it. Taunting the powers that be isn't a great move.
Keep your head down, make cars, be successful.

Blown away by TSLA’s strength this morning. Ellison is slamming the Ask on Robinhood right now
I'm seeing heavy volume too right now. 100K to 200K per min, SP holding through the Shortz' sell-ebration.

EDIT: 2.0M shares traded at 35 min into the session. This is the normal time for the MMD, but not working so far, in spite of frequent bursts of selling.

I tink somebody got TSLA's back this marnin'... :cool:

Last edited:
Never said anything about rolling over. If you make an agreement, stick to it. Taunting the powers that be isn't a great move.
Keep your head down, make cars, be successful.

And that’s the crux of the argument. Did he stick to it? You say no. Others say yes. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Taunting the powers that be may or may not be a great move. But go back and look at history. America wouldn’t be here if the forefathers followed your logic. If Elon could somehow start the process to get the SEC cleaned up, that would be absolutely amazing.

Blown away by TSLA’s strength this morning. Ellison is slamming the Ask on Robinhood right now

Hi anthonyj, welcome to TSLA. I will be your guide for today.
On the left you can see today's price action. We call it "temporary drop, driven by short term event".
Exciting as it might seem, it gets boring after a while. We simply load on more stock/options and move on.

BTW what *is* the benefit of starting PUBLIC fights with a body that ultimately could force him out of his position as CEO? How does that hasten the transition towards renewable energy?

Well, it could allow him to not be CEO and concentrate on SpaceX without making it appear that he doesn't want to be involved with Tesla anymore and that others are just as capable of carrying out the sustainable transport mission. I'm not saying that he's actually thinking that, or that it would be a good thing, but it would definitely be better than the alternative of publicly stepping down because he wants a bit less stress. It's the difference between going down as a hero as opposed to quitting because you're fed up.

• Informative
Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
You think the thailand tweet was a well considered action from someone who thought before he tweeted? Come on...Elon tweets first and thinks later. Its one of his faults, lets not be so blinded by his accomplishments that we think everything he does is genius, and strategically planned. BTW what *is* the benefit of starting PUBLIC fights with a body that ultimately could force him out of his position as CEO? How does that hasten the transition towards renewable energy?

Of course nobody is right 100% of the time - I stated that in the very post that you are responding to.

My point is, he knows more about what is good and what is bad for Tesla moment by moment than you or I can hope to know. He is making the decision to tweet or not knowing things we are not even privy to.

The reason the stock is impacted negatively in the short term is it raises the question "why" (he felt he needed to tweet that). It raises the question of whether things are more desperate than they appear. But I do trust that he knows what he's doing, that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a misjudgement. My point is that he makes a rational judgement call before he tweets. It's not impulsive as characterized by so many people who have lower intelligence and less access to relevent information than Elon does.

"Keep your head down" is not the mantra of disruption.

This March bond maturity is clearly a line in the sand drawn by shorts and fossil/ICE interests. To folks familiar with Tesla this seems absurd but you do have to target some crucial event if your goal is to end TSLA. Makes sense that this is their last best shot.

From an investment standpoint, do we see the long awaited squeeze from here? I keep going back to the loaded spring. Has there ever been more pent up downward pressure/effort? Physics dictates this pressure must either work or be released.

When? I'm guessing it's once TSLA is on the other side of these big bonds and still profitable.