Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
08:00 a.m. Whistle: Mon, 06 Jul 2020
  • NASDAQ-100 Futures: +123.63 +1.19% 08:00:45 ET
  • TSLA share price: $1275.61 +66.95 +5.54%
  • NASDAQ Pre-market Volume: 325,365
TSLA.2020-07-06.08-07.png

Comment: "Pre-Market Volume is YUG3" :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
My thoughts on Auto PIlot after purchasing on June 30th to support Tesla. After several hour long trips, AP is incredible and has paid for itself already. Very fluid motion, the auto steer function works great. Overall much better than I expected. I love driving and thought that I would only use AP on the highway, however I find myself using AP from the get go due to its enhanced safety features for my family. A pure marvel. Obvious now that I was not so much supporting Tesla, as Tesla is supporting me.

With over one million Teslas on the road, a very conservative 500,000 Teslas have yet to have AP or FSD installed, and understanding some early model Teslas cannot update. These Over The Air upgrades for already purchased cars are essentially 100% profit to Tesla.

If one out of every 25 Teslas had AP upgrade for Q2, that is = 20,000 x $2,000 = $40,000,000
If one out of every 100 Teslas had FSD upgrade from AP for Q2, this is = 5,000 x $7,000 = $35,000,000
If one out of every 200 Teslas had AP + FSD upgrade from for Q2, this is = 2,500 Teslas x $9,000 = $22,500,000
Total OTA upgrades for Q2 = $97,500,000 using my conservative guesstimate quantities above. No other OEM can pull this rabbit out of their hat, not even a single dollars worth.

I don't think it is a matter of whether Tesla will be profitable in Q2, but by how much. I believe many, including those here on TMC, will be surprised on the upside.

Every quarter, with more and more Teslas added to the base, the potential for OTA updates profit increases. This is a future lever that can be pulled (by reducing prices or enhancing the features) as/when needed for future quarters.

Edit: corrected math

Last edited:
Pre-market volume is really high. ~12k shares traded hands in the first 6 minutes:

This is IMPORTANT. In the past, shortzes have taken advantage of low volume trading the week following the July 4th Holiday to walk down the SP.

Now, it looks like Summer holidays won't be a party at the Beach, it'll be party on the Street! :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
It's the US covid death rate. It should have started going up by now but it's still declining for some reason. Every day it doesn't start trending higher will probably be a good day for the market.
US figures generally don't get updated over the weekend/holiday, so look for everything from Fri-Mon to hit the stats on Tue/Wed.

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd
I made this offer to both my adult children yesterday
Buy 10 shares of tesla.
If you sell in the future for less then you paid, I will give you the difference and add the percent the nasdaq went up in that period. They also would get to write off the loss.
For me, I get them involved with the greatest company on earth, and in the unlikely event that they sell someday at a loss, my tesla holdings have given me more money then I could ever spend.
This way they earn their own money instead instead of inheriting all of it. I am probably going to make this offer every month and lend them the money if they ever need it.
In 2016 when I started buying Tesla my wife and I committed to giving the stock to our children when we die.We are sticking to that. We will NEVER sell a single share. In a small way we are helping our children inherit a better world.

.Did I miss anything? How does this sound?

Buy 10 shares of tesla.
If you sell in the future for less then you paid, I will give you the difference and add the percent the nasdaq went up in that period. They also would get to write off the loss.
For me, I get them involved with the greatest company on earth, and in the unlikely event that they sell someday at a loss, my tesla holdings have given me more money then I could ever spend.
This way they earn their own money instead instead of inheriting all of it. I am probably going to make this offer every month and lend them the money if they ever need it.
In 2016 when I started buying Tesla my wife and I committed to giving the stock to our children when we die.We are sticking to that. We will NEVER sell a single share. In a small way we are helping our children inherit a better world.

I wish you were my parent :D

Buy 10 shares of tesla.

Hi dad! It's me. Your long lost son. Let me know if you need address to transfering shares

Buy 10 shares of tesla.

I'm putting myself up for adoption yo

I believe TSLA will appreciate much faster than 10% per year!

So what I'm hearing you say is that you think it's a good idea to make your grandchildren billionaires. Or at least mega rich without having to do anything. I'm not sure that's such a good thing.
He also thinks his wife isn't going to buy an island (of men) after he dies...

The JP Morgan analyst has stated that the forecast is based entirely on 2021 earnings. They're not even taking this seriously.
JP Morgan is one of, if the the, highest investors in fossil fuels. They would much rather Tesla not be around. I think they're going to be in a world of hurt.

I pictured a sell off on Thursday morning on the news of the deliveries but today it feels like a momentum wave. In the sense that a sell off is less likely today as people are simply going to ride this wave longer and the amount of shares being held onto for dear life is incredible. Elon might have shaken most of the weak longs out on his “too high” tweet.

Just a sense of this move in comparison to Thursday. If there was going to be a sell off that would have been the day. Today people are recognizing that the EV market is the future. As we have been seeing for years here as countries around the world have set zero emissions standards it is all becoming real to investors.

Just wondering if ya'll are picking up more shares at current prices or just riding with what you have?

I would if I could but all my money is tied up in TSLA. I only have about 6k cash for living expenses, but going back to work in a couple weeks (traveling healthcare, so I work when I want to) to earn more money to sink into TSLA.

Five years from now I'm pretty confident that current share price will be a bargain, so I'm not worried about buying now at these levels.