Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it’s been higher, but this is pretty high.

CFDEF380-108C-459E-92B2-E6B019002AF7.jpeg

They already have an exclusive wheel option don't they? (The 19" Sport Aeros.)
Sure it’s only available for P at the moment, but they didn’t say it will stay exclusive in the future, and if they don’t say it, it probably will be offered later.

BTW, it’s an aero cap for who knows which wheel. Not a high performance BBS or O.Z. Exclusive design I’m thinking of. (The reveal wheels could serve the purpose nicely.
Just make it exclusive to P form day one!!!)

Tesla China still have chance to get it done, but probably an exclusive body color would be easier to pull off.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
This can't just be due to the GF3 groundbreaking and some minor positive macro movement, can it? Could investors seriously be so reactionary that just Elon and the mayor of Shanghai showed up at GF3 with a shovel, suddenly it went from theoretical to real to them? As if the groundbreaking wasn't obviously going to happen - even if it were the shorts' alleged Potemkin Village?
I know now, it’s because Elon changed his Twitter profile pic.

This was from long, long ago (see what I just did there?) - last Wednesday - but I feel incumbent on giving credit where credit is due.

So: Thank you, Shorts.
I'd been utterly unable to take advantage of those ridiculous bounce-downs late in the last quarter - was completely estopped from freeing up any cash. Now that we're into a new year, I finally was able to do just that. So:
  • we've taken advantage of today's market manipulations (change to however you care to view same) and added to our TSLA position by 5.x%. Average cost of new entry at $306.35. Happy enough with that.

CNBC has a new article up from an interview with our friend Gordon Johnson. He has an 88 Dollar price target for TSLA. Some choice quotes below. I hope they invite him back after Q4 numbers are printed so he can move the goal posts. "Q4 is as good as it gets"

Tesla's biggest bear says stock will tank 70 percent in 2019

"If you take the Q3 numbers and you annualize them, I think Q3 is going to be the high-water mark for Tesla. I don't think they're ever going to reach that level of earnings again"

"While there is some risk on the 4Q18 print, we would be aggressively shorting TSLA now as the growth narrative appears at risk ... even for the bulls," he wrote Thursday in a note to clients.

Back in June 2018 Gordon said:
"The point is, do they make cash? Do they make money on cars produced? The answer is no,"
They make a profit on every car they produce. If you had a restaurant that was always crowded with CUSTOMERS, would you not want to build another restaurant. While you are building that second restaurant would not be loosing money in the short term. Why is this so hard for you bears to understand?