Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This can't just be due to the GF3 groundbreaking and some minor positive macro movement, can it? Could investors seriously be so reactionary that just Elon and the mayor of Shanghai showed up at GF3 with a shovel, suddenly it went from theoretical to real to them? As if the groundbreaking wasn't obviously going to happen - even if it were the shorts' alleged Potemkin Village?

This can't just be due to the GF3 groundbreaking and some minor positive macro movement, can it? Could investors seriously be so reactionary that just Elon and the mayor of Shanghai showed up at GF3 with a shovel, suddenly it went from theoretical to real to them? As if the groundbreaking wasn't obviously going to happen - even if it were the shorts' alleged Potemkin Village?
I won’t be surprised if Grims posts dinner pictures from Beijing restaurants.

It basically comes to- at some point we need to take a 50% existential risk that will completely turn our lives upside down with change/stress in the process whether we make it or not. However, we have the option of doing it now or in 10 years when it turns into a 60% existential risk. What do you think professional management of massive corporations paid in accordance to quarterly and annual results will do.
And your average executive doesn't want to reduce his pay over that 10 year period just to make life easier on his successor.

Aaaand we break +5% :)

2 days in a row. To think that I was kidding the other day when I joked about this happening every day ;)
Next can you joke about it going up 10% a day?

Perhaps we are in the beginning stages of a new channel formation?

Yeah, prolly not until we break through $380 (which could happen with 2018Q4 ER).

Update (11:10 EST) TSLA Technicals:
  • mid-BB $335.92
  • MA(50) $339.41
Go Baby, GO! :D

EDIT: Bounced off the mid-BB on some profit taking, held $330 for a while, now testing support there. Macros (NASDAQ-100) on a small runup, TSLA held $330 at 11:37 EST

Last edited:

Karen, while nothing explicit was said, my sense is that we went from vague timelines of end of 2020 for either start of production or volume production to aspiring to start production by the end of 2019, and the vague volume production in 2019. Maybe someone else here remembers if prior guidance was start or hit volume production end of 2020 (I think it was the former).

What's more, only guidance I recall from Tesla in the past was 250K volume per year. While not directly from Tesla, apparently yesterday there was talk of a first stage of 250K and a second stage of 500K.

All that said, perhaps some of the upward movement is in reaction to Munro video... could see analysts, investors, tabling watching a 1.5 hour video for the weekend. Munro video is as close to can’t miss stuff as you’ll get for any analyst whose job really is what its proported to be (as oppposed to any analysts who may be assigned by those paying their salary with simply pushing a narrative irrespective of facts and reason).

You call this beautiful? Seriously? Something that got mistaken for an improvised water tower is "so beautiful"?

I imagine that your Model 3 inspection checklist wasn't very long ;)

Customer Rep: "I'm sorry, Mr. EnzoXYZ, but we're going to have to delay your delivery. The truck delivering your vehicle was sideswiped by a cement truck and your car was damaged."
EnzoXYZ: "Looks fine to me."
Customer Rep: "But... the entire right-hand side is dented in...."
EnzoXYZ: "That'll buff out."
Customer Rep: "But it's missing one of its wheels! There's no way you can drive that thing out..."
EnzoXYZ: "Watch me..."

;)

(I'll add that the goal of a test hopper isn't to crash it or blow it up. It's just a likely outcome. That's why you build them.)
I meant to say if it’s going to blow up why make it so beautiful... thought I was clear.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden

I really like his remark about how someone who joins as an engineer at Tesla China might some day have his job. Really shows that internationalist outlook that we've seen with him a number of times in the past. (That attitude unfortunately doesn't - and can't - work with SpaceX due to federal restrictions related to government contracts and space / rocketry technology - something that Elon has complained about before)

OT
It's hard to catch up 30 TMC pages, but teamwork does wonders
2019-01-07-174431.jpg

Last edited: