Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-8-13_15-57-23.png

upload_2020-8-13_15-57-37.png

wow, that is some funny ****!

Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but it seems to me that they are raising their valuation of $TSLA based on the premise that Tesla would sell batteries to third parties? When Tesla still doesn't make enough to supply their own (growing) needs so they have to buy from others (e.g., Samsung, CATL) and this dearth has -- at least as far as I can tell -- resulted in delays for vehicles and holding back the energy side.

I can't imagine Tesla selling batteries to anyone else for years, if ever.

I think they added that to have a graceful way to get out of their silly valuation.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
it's one monitor. 5120x1440. :)

and the game is Diablo 2. I have 4 bots running at all time, farming for high-end items. after playing it for almost twenty years, the meta-game of tuning those bots and measuring their efficiency is a lot more fun for me than killing the same monsters for (literally) the ten-thousandth time.

Nice setup! Which monitor do you have? I could mount my 4K on the wall just above something like that. The only game I play now is Fortnite. I always get to "Champions League" just by getting off the bus at the end, floating back to the middle to see where the storm circle is. Then I drop (usually) into the water to hide and wait for the other players to kill most of each other off. That puts me almost always in the top 25/100 and usually 15/100 to advance through the rankings.

My first video game was Pong (home version) when I was a teenager. I owned the first HP-35 calculator in junior high school. When I replaced that with a programmable one (HP-65), I ran a "numbers game" in the cafeteria during lunch to make a few bucks off my classmates until an observant teacher shut it down. When I was in Junior HS, we had teletypes connected to a DEC minicomputer at my NJ high school donated by Bell Labs. Learned Beginner's All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code and then FORmula TRANslation. In 1977, I learned C at Hopkins on Bell Labs Research Version 6.XX of UNIX.

Lucky both parents were MSEE's so they could afford to buy me expensive toys and send me to Hopkins. I was making so much money each summer working in NYC programming boring COBOL for large banks, I took an indefinite leave of absence and became a software engineering consultant who didn't write any more COBOL programs.

Nice setup! Which monitor do you have? I could mount my 4K on the wall just above something like that. The only game I play now is Fortnite. I always get to "Champions League" just by getting off the bus at the end, floating back to the middle to see where the storm circle is. Then I drop (usually) into the water to hide and wait for the other players to kill most of each other off. That puts me almost always in the top 25/100 and usually 15/100 to advance through the rankings.

My first video game was Pong (home version) when I was a teenager. I owned the first HP-35 calculator in junior high school. When I replaced that with a programmable one (HP-65), I ran a "numbers game" in the cafeteria during lunch to make a few bucks off my classmates until an observant teacher shut it down. When I was in Junior HS, we had teletypes connected to a DEC minicomputer at my NJ high school donated by Bell Labs. Learned Beginner's All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code and then FORmula TRANslation. In 1977, I learned C at Hopkins on Bell Labs Research Version 6.XX of UNIX.

Lucky both parents were MSEE's so they could afford to buy me expensive toys and send me to Hopkins. I was making so much money each summer working in NYC programming boring COBOL for large banks, I took an indefinite leave of absence and became a software engineering consultant who didn't write any more COBOL programs.
Ladies and Gents....i think we have found our 'overachiever'....lucky you parlayed that knowledge into big GAINZ!!! :) I grew up poor in Singapore of all places...came to the US in 1986 and started in Junior High, not knowing the culture or language. Got ridiculed for my study and work habits throughout Jr. high and High school. Both working parents so i had a lot of time to myself. Studied networking because i liked the internet and how traffic was routed...Got my CCIE in voice and Routing/Switching and found $TSLA so now i can retire a lot earlier as planned :)

I'm not sure we're taking the announcement of the Plaid Model S into account enough. Three days ago Elon tweeted a barely-veiled nod to an upcoming announcement "one day soon" https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1292997808576819200?s=20.

Originally the Plaid Model S was to go into production "around October/November". https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1173992505672519680?s=20

So the timing is right to announce it on Battery Day. Why not earlier? I think this will be the first Tesla with the million mile battery and higher energy density, so likely >500 mile range. No way that info would be released before getting a chance to better explain the new batteries. So on battery day, we'll hear about the new battery technology, and the new model that includes that technology "available to reserve now" and going into production the following month.